So there are four smartphones I am currently using: Q10 and Z30 on private line, Note 3 for freelancing and a legacy BlackBerry device I have been given from the company I am currently working for.

All four of those phones have fantastic battery life and are on the top of the market in this respect. The legacy BlackBerry is great for mails and calendar but little more. I love the screen of the Note 3 and especially the possibility to write notes with the stylus.

The thing is with my personal phones. While the Z30 does offer great screen estate and - having a touch keyboard - a more than acceptable touch keyboard I still come back using the Q10 due to its hardware keyboard every other week. Let's face it: the screen size is not optimum for anything else but communication. But the Q10 offers the best keyboard in the market and it just looks cool (in my eyes).

I wonder how my usage will change once the Passport is available. It might replace both the Q10 and the Note 3. However, I am pretty convinced that I will keep the Q10 as backup phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 04:16 PM
    Interesting perspective! Hope the decision for you is easy when the Passport arrives.
    09-03-14 07:13 PM
    I have the Z30 too and after I got it, I used it solidly for 3 weeks. But then I started missing my Q10, so I put my sim card in and it just felt so right. I can get the most done on my Q10, and if I had to just have one phone, it would for sure be the Q10. If it had as good of a battery as the Z30 and the Paratek Antenna, I'd be all set. I'm looking forward to the Passport, but I'll still be keeping my two Q10s and my Z30. They don't get any less useful just because there's a new model. I like to switch it up. Keeps things fun.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 03:48 AM
    Same here. Bought and sold three other Q10s while keeping my Z10. Loved the size, LCD display on the screen as well as the great keyboard. But something about the form factor of the Q10. Now I am on my forth Q10, and will keep this as my daily driver with the Z10 as my alternative. I actually don't mind the screen size on the Q10 which was the biggest surprise for me.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    09-04-14 07:06 AM
    Hmm i've yet to test the Z30. I want to see if I can trade one with a Q10. The Z30 just looks too good
    09-04-14 12:53 PM
    Agree with OP with every aspect except I don't mind the Q10 display.

The size of the screen doesn't and never has bothered me. I have an iphone 5s and Q10 and I do everything and more with the browser on the Q than with the iphone.

I still find viewing web pages is fine (because reader mode is usually available for most sites and the ability to enter desktop mode and get the full web version on my phone is awesome.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    09-04-14 12:59 PM
    To be honest, its the same case with me too, I have been using two different phones. Q10 and M8, just today, I got a good deal and bought the HTC One Max.
    I cannot sell my Blackberry Q10, nor keep it idle, that phone is simply amazing, the more I use it, the more I love it.

If some people do not like the screen, they can get a Tablet, Nexus7 or a Phablet device, there are many in the market. But the again, that Keyboard the Q10 has, is simply unmatched!

Hope you love your Q10 more and more.
    Cheers!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    hlg8888 likes this.
    09-04-14 03:50 PM
    Agreed....as many phones I have been through, I always hang onto my Q10.
    09-04-14 07:49 PM
    your (Now I am on my forth Q10, ) how did that happen
    Same here. Bought and sold three other Q10s while keeping my Z10. Loved the size, LCD display on the screen as well as the great keyboard. But something about the form factor of the Q10. Now I am on my forth Q10, and will keep this as my daily driver with the Z10 as my alternative. I actually don't mind the screen size on the Q10 which was the biggest surprise for me.

09-04-14 09:06 PM
    Lol I had a Q10 and switched to T-Mobile and got the Z10 but hated the battery life. I then wanted to try some new phones so I did the Lumia 925 but couldn't stand the 16gb internal memory with no expansion... finally tried the Moto G LTE but Android is too "unpolished" and I absolutely refuse to type on an iPhone lol... Needless to say I am happy with my Q10
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    09-05-14 12:19 AM
    your (Now I am on my forth Q10, ) how did that happen
    I would feel guilty having two phones, so would make the decision to sell the Q10 and keep my original Z10 since i bought it as soon as Tmobile released it. It has sentimental value and has zero problems. But as soon as I sold a Q10, I would miss it and would troll Ebay for a good deal. Now, I will keep both phones :-). The Z10 will be my backup. What can I say, it's an addiction. I really, really like the form factor and how good it feels in my hand.

09-05-14 07:15 AM