The least BlackBerry could do in spite of their continuous delays is give Australia, US and other countries a Q10 release date. I have a Z10 but that's besides the point. If apple and Samsung can give solid release dates for their products then I don't see why BlackBerry can't. It's not like the Q10 was announced yesterday and they are still confirming a release date for countries around the globe. Cmon everyone its been THREE months since the announcement and all we've heard is rumored dates, delays and setbacks and then some. It's time BlackBerry got the frikken ball rolling and begin getting shi.t done (irony)?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:51 AM
    It's all up to the carrier. Blackberry has done its part.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:53 AM
    It's all up to the carrier. Blackberry has done its part.

Posted via CB10
    I can't possibly believe it takes a carrier 3 months to test a phone let alone longer. Weren't carriers globally given Z and Q units around a month to 6 weeks before the Jan 30th announcement?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:56 AM
    I can't possibly believe it takes a carrier 3 months to test a phone let alone longer. Weren't carriers globally given Z and Q units around a month to 6 weeks before the Jan 30th announcement?

Posted via CB10
    I got my z10 in the first week of release in Canada and my carrier (small one) still has not pushed the first update yet. So yes in is carrier dependant.

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    04-29-13 09:04 AM
    Again, I do find this hard to believe. Any other device company releases a device, the device is out in the store in a week (not 8-12 weeks). I went into an AT&T store in Ontario, CA and had to ask them to bring out a Z10.... Apple had a display with two working 5's. If BB wants to do this right, they need to follow through and step it up. Ship it... Display it... Support it. Lets stop BLAMING the carriers for poor support and take matters in our own hands and do this right!
    nighthawks likes this.
    04-29-13 09:20 AM
    it�s the old RIM in the new Blackberry:

They completely depend on the speed / goodwill of the carriers, with the distribution, the service and the update policy.

and that is a shame...
    Last edited by Chris Marsch; 04-29-13 at 09:48 AM.
    04-29-13 09:32 AM
    Actually when was the S4 announced? We are still trying to figure out the release date for that phone... over a month after its announced. I think BlackBerry is doing well considering they are about 100 time smaller than Samsung or Apple and have the same amount of carriers to to release to!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 09:36 AM
    The s4 has a unique advantage being millions and millions are dying for it to come out. Samsung is killing it. BlackBerry is starting from the bottom and pulling the same nonsense. BlackBerry never owns up. No launch day. Blame carrier. No apps. Blame app makers. Bad sales blame apple.

Posted via CB10
    nickthebold likes this.
    04-29-13 10:59 AM
    Sorry, but it does NOT depend on the carriers. Maybe in countries like the US or Canada. Here in Europe for example carriers are far less important, since there is a rather strong retail market around here. People buy phones off-contract all the times, some carriers don't even bother with phone combined contracts anymore.

Right now here in Germany, there is an Amazon GER reseller who sells imported UK QWERTY devices. Then, just as of today, an english Amazon UK reseller appeared who is selling german QWERTZ devices on the island. A german Amazon GER reseller had limited stock last week which was sold out within an hour, even though the price was almost 900,-�.

BBRY doesn't even list the Q on their german, french or italien websites. They don't mention it. Retailers have no clue when they'll get stock. Some list early of May, some later end of May. In the meantime, HTC released the One flagship around here, which was launched after the Q10. Also Samsung released the S4 around here which was just launched recently. Both devices are good in stock almost everywhere. One has to wonder why BBRY keeps messing up like this.
    04-29-13 11:08 AM
    I don't think it's easy but after wasting money on Alicia Keys promoting herself and the super bowl commercial they should first focus on THE PHONES.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 11:15 AM
    People don't have patience anymore. What more can I say?
    04-29-13 11:16 AM
    The production capacity of BlackBerry is nothing compared to Samsung or Apple! The new Q10 is probably sold out everywhere... That's why BlackBerry is having a hard time making it available.

Sure BlackBerry can invest billions and produce tons of phone to do a word wide launch apple or Samsung style... but that would be suicide if the sales are mild.

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    04-29-13 11:16 AM
    In AT&T's case it isn't 3 months of testing. It is 3 months of filling the phone with bloatware and figuring out how to keep the user from deleting it.
    04-29-13 11:33 AM
    I think it doesn't help that BBRY now has lesser production plants (if memory serve me right they ended their contract as part of restructuring/cost cutting). I wouldn't be surprise if the launch on the Q10 in my country will depend on how well it sell in UK, and Canada. If it sells well, sold out, etc, I expect a later launch. Entirely my own speculation, but I'm thinking that's why there are no firm dates yet.
    04-29-13 11:54 AM
    End of May is what i have gathered for the US and Australia from reading around.
    However the OP is right something more official even a 10 day range would be nice to have...
    04-29-13 01:31 PM
    I wonder how Samsung is able to release its GS4 this month in US, when they just announced last month??
    04-29-13 02:50 PM
    I wonder how Samsung is able to release its GS4 this month in US, when they just announced last month??
    Well it's pretty obvious: the S4 is basically identical to the S3, so not much development to do.

Also their production capacity is huge compared to other carriers.

Remember when apple was releasing US only and it would be available in other markets months after?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 04:21 PM
    Oh look another bash BlackBerry post...... This is so old and boring. hey how about this, can you come up with an original post to add? Do we really need another un- original forum member posting about something negative??? It will come when it comes!!!!!!! Don't rush perfection!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 04:29 PM
    Perfection and bbry go together like apple and freedom

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 04:39 PM
    The Q10 launch has been a study in awful management and planning
    04-29-13 04:44 PM
    Deja vu

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 05:14 PM