I used to see album art when I used the music player, now I don't. When the phone is connected to BBLINK it shows them just fine. Anybody have a solution to my issue? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 02:13 AM
    Delete all the music on your device and then put it back on WITHOUT using BlackBerry Link but instead, just drag and drop it onto your media card in the right folder using mass storage mode. BB Link will suck your will to live with prolonged use.
    drewood66 and melb_me like this.
    10-17-13 02:21 AM
    This is a known bug. I've tried everything including tagging and folder.jpg and nothing works. There's times the music player populates the art and then 2 seconds later it's gone again. I hope 10.2 fixes this

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    10-17-13 05:27 AM
    My album art disappeared too, but it displays as normal on the Link. I tried to remove and reload the music to see if that worked, and all the albums came back with a single cover--which eventually disappeared too. I tried downloading and using some apps that other forum members suggested, but they didn't work either. I gave up. In addition, every now and then when I go to play my music, a screen pops up and tells me the music cannot be played due to a syster error. I have to do a battery pull to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 08:26 AM
    I contacted @BlackBerryhelp on twitter and they were able to help me.

I also added all my music filed directly to my media card and it did not work. Even the albums I was buying from blackberry world had not album art.

Contact blackberry help on twitter.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 08:29 AM

I also added all my music filed directly to my media card and it did not work. Even the albums I was buying from blackberry world had not album art.

Posted via CB10
    That's good to know. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 08:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Could you possibly share what the problem ended uo being? Maybe we can trace your steps

10-17-13 09:44 AM
    I spent the time to folder, tag, embed album art and copy folder.jpg files for all of my music. Since 10.1.(pre MR) my files have always shown their album art.

And they were copied to the SD using Windows Explorer, not Link.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 10:31 AM
    Could you possibly share what the problem ended uo being? Maybe we can trace your steps

Well sort of.

I contacted them via DM on twitter and explained my problem. They said they would be happy to help. The next day I got a message asking me to check my music folder to see if the album artwork was not showing. To my surprise it was all showing. When I responded asking what the problem was and how they fixed it I never got an answer.

So yeah...... that's why I suggested just following and contacting blackberry help on twitter. not sure how or what they did but it all shows, and I have not had an issue since.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 11:59 AM
    Well sort of.

I contacted them via DM on twitter and explained my problem. They said they would be happy to help. The next day I got a message asking me to check my music folder to see if the album artwork was not showing. To my surprise it was all showing. When I responded asking what the problem was and how they fixed it I never got an answer.

So yeah...... that's why I suggested just following and contacting blackberry help on twitter. not sure how or what they did but it all shows, and I have not had an issue since.

Posted via CB10
    Well that is sketchy. Haha. BlackBerry 10 has the force. I didn't see that in advertising!

Ben1232 likes this.
    10-17-13 01:38 PM