Hi Crackberry,

for a few days now, my alarm is not working. Following Story:
    On Saturday evening, i set the alarm for 10 pm to get to the computer for winning an ebay auction. Half past ten, i noticed that i missed the auction. I was out of the room for a few times, but i was pretty sure that the alarm did not come up. Still, it might be that i simply missed it somehow.
    So i went to bed, and set the alarm to 9 in the morning and put the phone to bedside mode*. I woke up at 11. Not a big problem, as it was on the weekend and i did not have any appointments, still that was weird... But again, i might have sleeped deep enough to not hear the alarm. I tested the alarm a few times, setting it a few minutes ahead, and it worked flawlessly.
    Sunday evening, i set up one alarm to wake me up at 6.30, and another one to remind me of another ebay auction at 9.30. After testing the alarm again before going to sleep, i was kinda satisified as it worked well. I also did set the countdown timer alarm for 6.35 just to be sure. I woke up at exactly 6.35, from the beeping of the countdown timer. I did not hear any "normal" alarm. While still in bed, i tried to set the alarm to 7.00, which again worked perfectly.
    I knew that i still had the 9.30 alarm set up, so i did not touch anything and went to work. At 9.30 i was unable to look at the display of the phone due to a meeting i was in, but the alarm did not go off.

So i am now sure that i did not only miss the alarm, but it does actually not work. I read about some other people having similar problems, but did not find a solution. of course, i rebooted numerous times, but that did not fix anything.

Any ideas? Any threads i missed which contain a solution?

Just because i'm interested: German Blackberrys name this mode "Nachtmodus", which translates to "night mode". What is the exact name on english Blackberrys? Does it really say "bedside mode"?
    11-25-13 04:17 AM
    In English, bedside mode. As to the alarm, you have to make sure that the alarm you set is actually "on". When looking at the list of different alarms you have saved, on the right hand side of the screen, each alarm will have a bell icon. If the icon is blue, the alarm is on. If it's grey, it's off. Also, alarms that you have set to recur periodically (daily, weekly, certain days of the week) will automatically turn themselves on on those days, unless you explicitly turn them off before hand. If you turn off a recurring alarm, it will turn itself back on the next day that you have it set to recur. Finally, make sure that the volume on your alarm is turned up fully. Also make sure that in your notifications settings, you do not have all alerts turned off, as I'm fairly certain this will silence alarms.

Posted from my Q10 running 10.2.1.1055 via CB10
    damaltor likes this.
    11-25-13 04:26 AM
    Hi, thank you for your answer. I am aware of the fact that the alarm has to be on, but still they do not work. In bedside mode (thanks for the info) there even is the little dot next to the clockface telling me that the alarm is enabled. It does not ring though. I seem to be unable to repoduce this by setting the alarm a few minutes ahead, it will always work then.
    All other alerts work fine.
    11-25-13 04:50 AM
    Try setting an alarm for a time that you know you will be awake and near the phone, and see if it does go off.

11-25-13 04:57 AM
    I did. It worked. I did set the alarm 20 minutes ahead, and it worked fine. I *think* that the alarm does not go off when the phone is unattended and unused for a long(er) time, which is hard to test as i use the phone frequently through the day...
    11-25-13 08:27 AM
    I did. It worked. I did set the alarm 20 minutes ahead, and it worked fine. I *think* that the alarm does not go off when the phone is unattended and unused for a long(er) time, which is hard to test as i use the phone frequently through the day...
    Simple, pick a day you have off from work. Get up set your alarm to three hours later. Then do your normal things(leave phone alone) and about five minutes till alarm is to go off go into the room your phone is in. Wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 08:45 AM
    Basically, we're all saying do control tests to see if it's working or not. Otherwise, you just can't know for sure.

Scientific method ftw.
    11-25-13 11:00 AM
    There's definitely something wrong with alarm app. Yesterday my alarm was set for 8:35. I changed it to 7:40 last night. This morning it went off at 8:35. The alarm was still set for 7:40 this morning. I haven't had my alarm not go off at all, but it did not adjust to the newly set time.

Posted on my Q10
    11-25-13 11:08 AM
    not 100% sure yet, but for me just to set the alarm toggle to 'on' and drag the dot won’t do it. alarm is only activated if I also tap once outside the clock face until notification comes up 'alarm will go off in … hour(s)'. it’s a q10, 10.2.0.429
    11-26-13 01:28 AM
    Ok, after having done some control tests yesterday in the evening, the alarm worked all times. I set the alarm 3 hours ahead, and it went off perfectly.
    I then set the time for today in the morning (germany time), and it worked, too.

Now at work i put the phone aside, set the alarm 20 min ahead again, and put the phone to bedside mode. At the alarm time, the display went white just as it should when the alarm goes off, but there was no sound.

Without changing anything besides the time, i tried this again - this time, sound was ok.

So i can confirm that the alarm goes off without sound SOMETIMES, but i am absolutely unable to reproduce this behaviour.

I think the Problem is not with the alarm clock itself, but with the sound system. I also was unable to change ringtones for text messages and stuff (or better, i could pick a new sound, it would then play an other sound than the one i picked while i was in the profiles menu, after leaving the profiles menu, when i actually got a text message it played the standard sound (which again was not the one i picked), and after rebooting the phone it does now play the sound i picked).

Somehting is VERY wrong here. i will wait until the official 10.2.1 release before messing with it, but if that does not fix it i will swap the phone for a new one.
    11-26-13 03:52 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue on my Z10. It's been driving me nuts

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 05:10 AM
    I looked at the settings in the clock, and it says nothing about alarm interactions in bedside mode, so it's def not a setting that needs changed. Scratching my head now.

11-27-13 01:20 AM
    Having same problem - What I can add is that the screen showed that it was in snooze but no alarm went off. When i went to the actual alarm screen it was blank. I powered down then on again and it cleared the problem and the alarm went on 2 hours later than scheduled - no good!

Ideas????
    11-30-13 07:25 PM
    I use my alarm daily--even on weekends, and I frequently (but not always) awaken on my own before it goes of. I can state with certainty that this is a bug in the 10.2.1.1055 leak. The phone was absolutely reliable before the leak.

I have not been able to discern any "trick" to making it work.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 07:31 PM
    I'm on 1055, never missed an alarm yet.

12-02-13 08:20 PM
    The alarm is supposed to work and you paid for it to work. I would call your carriers customer service and let them help you.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 08:27 PM
    The alarm is supposed to work and you paid for it to work. I would call your carriers customer service and let them help you.

Posted via CB10
    He's running a leak.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 09:20 PM
    No, i am NOT running a leak. I am running the latest os from my carrier.
    The prblem has not happened for a few days now.
    12-04-13 09:56 AM
    I don't trust the alarm on my Q10 either. I still use the alarm on my old Bold, and sometimes I also use the one on my PlayBook. It doesn't always happen, but once in a while I'll notice that the alarm on my Q10 will go off, however, without sound. I'm wondering if the issue is with the default alarm tone (Sunrise). I just changed the tone to a different one... wondering if this will do the trick... Any of you who have had the same problem ever found a fix?
    04-25-14 12:52 PM
    My suggestion is it might happen after you plug in the headphones. There is definitely an issue where the volume does not respond in all apps. It started when they removed the manual software switch for headphone boost.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-25-14 02:32 PM
    No, for me that's not it, because I hardly use the headphones. The new alarm tone did work, but I'm still not sure if that fixed it, because over time it might start glitching too... we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 04:09 PM