I am one of those "on the fence" potential BB10 buyers. I previously owned a Curve 8330 and a Tour 9630. I loved my Blackberries, but ultimately switched to iOS and Android due to the complete lack of internet browsing capabilities and applications. Anyone who thinks that a Curve 8330 could browse the internet at the same level as an iPhone 4 is delusional.

I am legitimately interested in the Q10 because I am a busy attorney who types over 50 emails a day from my phone while I am in court.

However, due to the horrific quality of applications along with the complete lack of mainstream applications, I am absolutely unwilling to pay $600+ for a Q10. It is not going to happen, especially when I could go buy a quad core, 2GB RAM, Nexus 4 directly from Google for $249.00.

My advice to Blackberry-- hold a massive Q10 sale for a month and drop the price of the units down to $250.00 off contract and unlocked directly from their website. If Blackberry held a sale of that nature, it may very well move their phones into "on the fence" consumers' hands. Getting this phone out into the market is absolutely pivotal for getting app developers to make applications for the phone because it will have a larger user base.

Would I buy a Blackberry Q10 for $600+? No, not with the current set of terrible applications and OS deficiencies (that are being worked on and will likely be resolved). Would I buy a Blackberry Q10 on sale unlocked directly from Blackberry for $250? I would do it right now.

Blackberry needs to do something drastic to get these phones into people's hands.
    08-31-13 09:52 AM
    In the UK the Q10 is essentially double the price of the Z10 (which is now �230). They need to cut the Q10 price if they want to sell any.
    08-31-13 09:59 AM
    In the UK the Q10 is essentially double the price of the Z10 (which is now �230). They need to cut the Q10 price if they want to sell any.
    Yeah, that is an insane amount. I picked up a Z10 off of Craigslist for $125.00. I got along fine with BB10, but I could not get over how terrible the hardware felt, so I sold it back on Craigslist for $150.00. The person who bought it tried to return it to me because he disliked it so much.

Blackberry has to discount these phones heavily to get them in people's hands. I literally could not live with a Z10 that was $125.00 because it felt so cheap. Again, the OS was fine, it was the physical hardware that was severely lacking.
    08-31-13 10:18 AM
    I agree on the price comment but I think the digs on the OS isn't fair. Its very solid. I've had very few minor hiccups with it and personally had more issues with my jelly bean device than my Q10. I think there's a few solid apps for everything but not many. Android sideloading has worked great for me and will continue to work better once the 10.2 update comes out

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    sk8er_tor and jstirtzinger like this.
    08-31-13 10:27 AM
    Good suggestions. I think if they brought the price down temporarily and allowed many people to buy it, even if only because it's the least expensive phone within their choices, word would get around that BB10 is a good system that is a bargain at the discount price and a fair deal at it's regular price. As BB10 gains momentum and popularity, the price could be raised again. But you are correct........ I am not plopping down $600, not only for a Q10 but for a new OS that hasn't proven itself because many people would rather spend $300 on a proven system than $600 on a new one.
    si_chindo likes this.
    08-31-13 10:36 AM
    Horrific hardware quality not worth even 125$?

Get out of town. You're insane.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 10:47 AM
    Horrific hardware quality not worth even 125$?

Get out of town. You're insane.

Posted via CB10
    Forums are generally used for civil discussion. Name calling is unnecessary and does not benefit the discussion. Please act like an adult.
    VJMotz, Donvald, seemaboss and 2 others like this.
    08-31-13 10:51 AM
    I agree about price but very much disagree about the OS, hardware and the comment "horrific apps". Yes Instagram, Vine and Netflix are missing but there are many high quality, cross platform apps available. I currently have 42 apps loaded and used daily or weekly.

The device feels great, the build quality is excellent and the OS is very stable and fluid and keeps getting better with every update. The browser is exceptional.

If you are truly looking for productivity and efficiency reasons then you will love the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 10:55 AM
    I agree that the phone prices are severely overpriced. The Q5 should be $250 off contract, the Z10 probably $400 and the Q10 maybe $450. I think that is reasonable based on what you are getting.

I disagree that the hardware is lacking as it is as good or better than 90% of the phones out there though I would say that it doesn't "look" like a high end phone. (at least the Z30 has some style to it).

BlackBerry is pricing themselves out of the market at exactly the time they need to be getting the phones into people's hands and lowering the price will do it. Swallow some pride or whatever it is and do what Nokia is doing.

Funny that the Z10 is for so cheap as I don't think they are that cheap on Kijiji. I wouldn't trust Craigslist at all as I have had nothing but bad experiences with them but to each their own.
    pkcable, mscloutier and law2010 like this.
    08-31-13 11:01 AM
    I agree about price but very much disagree about the OS, hardware and the comment "horrific apps". Yes Instagram, Vine and Netflix are missing but there are many high quality, cross platform apps available. I currently have 42 apps loaded and used daily or weekly.

The device feels great, the build quality is excellent and the OS is very stable and fluid and keeps getting better with every update. The browser is exceptional.

If you are truly looking for productivity and efficiency reasons then you will love the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    You may have found apps that suit your personal preference, but right now almost every single app I regularly use is not available in the App Store and the alternatives are, in my personal opinion, which may differ from yours, horrific. This is why I want the price of the Q10 to drop so a drastically larger user base can be developed, which should attract the mainstream app developers to remedy my personal dilemma.
    08-31-13 11:06 AM
    You may have found apps that suit your personal preference, but right now almost every single app I regularly use is not available in the App Store and the alternatives are, in my personal opinion, which may differ from yours, horrific. This is why I want the price of the Q10 to drop so a drastically larger user base can be developed, which should attract the mainstream app developers to remedy my personal dilemma.
    If I may ask, what apps are you looking for? Based off of your initial comments you indicated you use your device primarily to communicate? If this is the case I can guarantee you that this phone is hands down the best tool to communicate. I have a similarly busy job as yourself and it has been commented many times that I am a much more efficient communicator when out of office and mobile.

Q10 - #KeepMoving
    08-31-13 11:17 AM
    I too would be interested to learn what apps you, as a busy lawyer, use that are not on the BlackBerry 10 platform. It's just curiosity as I expect we all could learn from you just what a busy legal professional needs on a device. Please be specific.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 11:31 AM
    If I may ask, what apps are you looking for? Based off of your initial comments you indicated you use your device primarily to communicate? If this is the case I can guarantee you that this phone is hands down the best tool to communicate. I have a similarly busy job as yourself and it has been commented many times that I am a much more efficient communicator when out of office and mobile.

Q10 - #KeepMoving
    General list of apps used frequently:

1. Gmail
    2. Outlook
    3. Google Drive
    4. Hangouts
    5. Falcon Pro
    6. Chrome (syncs my searches and bookmarks between devices, which is important to me)
    7. Google Now (even iOS has this)
    8. YouTube (There is no real YouTube App for BB10)
    9. IMDB
    10. ROKU (The real app, not the knock-off in the store)
    11. The Chive
    12. Xbox Smartglass
    13. TV Guide
    14. Redbox
    15. Flipboard
    16. IGN (Real app, not the knock-off)
    17. The Verge (Real app, not the multiple knock-offs in the app store)
    18. DROID NAS
    19. VEVO (Real app, not the multiple knock-offs in the app store)
    20. Words with Friends
    21. Scramble with Friends

That is just a general list of apps that I find myself using on a frequent basis. When I am in court, I am primarily just using email. However, on my free time, such as a lunch break, I actually use more than just my email.
    08-31-13 11:35 AM
    I am one of those "on the fence" potential BB10 buyers. I previously owned a Curve 8330 and a Tour 9630. I loved my Blackberries, but ultimately switched to iOS and Android due to the complete lack of internet browsing capabilities and applications. Anyone who thinks that a Curve 8330 could browse the internet at the same level as an iPhone 4 is delusional.

I am legitimately interested in the Q10 because I am a busy attorney who types over 50 emails a day from my phone while I am in court.

However, due to the horrific quality of applications along with the complete lack of mainstream applications, I am absolutely unwilling to pay $600+ for a Q10. It is not going to happen, especially when I could go buy a quad core, 2GB RAM, Nexus 4 directly from Google for $249.00.

My advice to Blackberry-- hold a massive Q10 sale for a month and drop the price of the units down to $250.00 off contract and unlocked directly from their website. If Blackberry held a sale of that nature, it may very well move their phones into "on the fence" consumers' hands. Getting this phone out into the market is absolutely pivotal for getting app developers to make applications for the phone because it will have a larger user base.

Would I buy a Blackberry Q10 for $600+? No, not with the current set of terrible applications and OS deficiencies (that are being worked on and will likely be resolved). Would I buy a Blackberry Q10 on sale unlocked directly from Blackberry for $250? I would do it right now.

Blackberry needs to do something drastic to get these phones into people's hands.
    Nice try OP, BlackBerry don't take advice!

Fired from my Z10
    danprown likes this.
    08-31-13 11:36 AM
    General list of apps used frequently:

1. Gmail
    2. Outlook
    3. Google Drive
    4. Hangouts
    5. Falcon Pro
    6. Chrome (syncs my searches and bookmarks between devices, which is important to me)
    7. Google Now (even iOS has this)
    8. YouTube (There is no real YouTube App for BB10)
    9. IMDB
    10. ROKU (The real app, not the knock-off in the store)
    11. The Chive
    12. Xbox Smartglass
    13. TV Guide
    14. Redbox
    15. Flipboard
    16. IGN (Real app, not the knock-off)
    17. The Verge (Real app, not the multiple knock-offs in the app store)
    18. DROID NAS
    19. VEVO (Real app, not the multiple knock-offs in the app store)
    20. Words with Friends
    21. Scramble with Friends

That is just a general list of apps that I find myself using on a frequent basis. When I am in court, I am primarily just using email. However, on my free time, such as a lunch break, I actually use more than just my email.
    Just in case someone wants to say that it is just as easy to go to the YouTube site versus having a native app, here is a screenshot of the app in action and this is why I want the app. You can search for other videos while watching another video. You won't see that on the website.
    Attached Thumbnails Advice to Blackberry to get the Q10 moving-2013-08-31_12-38-51.jpg  
    08-31-13 11:43 AM
    Thanks for the list. Perhaps some folks might have suggestions for you that are available on the Q10. For me, outlook works well as well as Gmail. I'm not familiar with quite a few of the other apps you mention.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 11:44 AM
    i am still on 9810 afraid to go to q10. i really love 9810 and wish they would come out with another similar device.
    i dont want to give up the track pad and ease of operation of 9810.
    i have problems and pull battery every day but feel comfortable with it.
    blackberry needs to make more os 7 devices and lower the price on q10.
    i wish they would listen.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-31-13 11:52 AM
    OP: for Outlook and Gmail, how does the Hub NOT do what you need it to?

For Google Drive, have you looked at Playcloud 10? It will allow you to integrate Google Drive as if it were part of the file system.

As for the rest, I'll have to leave comments to other posters as I don't use any of those, though the Verge website opens quite nicely as a mobile site: which may even be all the app is.

Posted via CB10
    jstirtzinger likes this.
    08-31-13 11:56 AM
    I'm still on a Note 2, but I'm certain that I could take notes and communicate FAR faster on the Q10. I could go back to the 9930 and be more efficient, too.

I am stunned with the amazing and useful apps and love the full google integration with the Android. It's very nice.

I'm thinking that I will toggle between two phones.... keeping the Android for when I have the time for fiddling and playing.

So, you mention that Outlook is missing. Is there an android outlook specific app? I thought that BB10 integrated very nicely with Outlook.
    08-31-13 11:56 AM
    I'm still on a Note 2, but I'm certain that I could take notes and communicate FAR faster on the Q10. I could go back to the 9930 and be more efficient, too.

I am stunned with the amazing and useful apps and love the full google integration with the Android. It's very nice.

I'm thinking that I will toggle between two phones.... keeping the Android for when I have the time for fiddling and playing.

So, you mention that Outlook is missing. Is there an android outlook specific app? I thought that BB10 integrated very nicely with Outlook.
    Yes, I use outlook natively on Q10. Not sure what functions an app would give that the HUB, Calander, and remember wouldn't cover. Outlook works very well on the Q.

Q10 - #KeepMoving
    08-31-13 12:01 PM

Based on the number of forum topics about BB10 having major problems with ActiveSync and Outlook integration, it sounds like it is more spotty than anything. It's funny because this was not a problem with OS7.
    08-31-13 12:03 PM
    Yeah, Android has an Outlook app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tlook.Z7&hl=en).

BB10 does integrate email quite well, in general. I have had no problems with GMail, Outlook or Hotmail. But the OP prefers an app, which is his right. To each their own. The lack of apps is the #1 reason people do not buy or return a BB10 device. I have seen folks with Z10, but was told they would be returning it. But this is a catch 20/20. I agree with one thing though: prices of BB10 devices are ridiculously high. If you are trying to get market share you don't price your devices that high.

Donvald, h20work and law2010 like this.
    08-31-13 12:08 PM
    You're a busy attorney that types 50 emails from your phone in court, but you won't switch to a serious communications device because it doesn't have Instagram? And because it would cost you one more hour at your current charge out rate?

Whatever..

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:29 PM
    People don't want to sideload apps thats insane to think they want to.
    I have many friends using BB10 and os7 devices. They people that have traded up from os7 to BB10 and they all say what is sideloading, I tell them and they say what a bunch of crap.
    This turns lots of people off, plus none native apps run good.
    BB must remember 90% of the people are not wizards nor want to be.
    SEAWARRIOR and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    08-31-13 12:51 PM
    Well well Sir lawyer !!!...., my friend and his 150 lawyer colleague team have Q10 and Z10 with Balance and they have not missed a beat using these phones. They were using the 9900's for business and the iP5 for their personal phone and for the browser. Now their iP5 phone is just a memory they could not imagine using iP5 email and clunky phone navigation etc... The Q10 and Z10, with its tri-lingual fast keyboard, phone navigation, email HUB, BBM , productivity apps , browser and more, is meeting and exceeding their needs. They are scanning documents, signing documents , using PC-remote, HDMI is used every day, all with the Q10 and Z10. They use their Playbook for the HDMI presentations but do use their iPAD as a personal and business tablet. All they miss on their Q10 is the track pad, some have suggested a bigger display of 3.5 - 3.80 inch screen display but the Q10 / Z10 is meeting and exceeding their needs. Now can the Q10 and Z10 use more apps well yes !! But as a communication power user device with a great platform and OS the Q10 and Z10 are great devices. Do you want the Q10 cheaper ?? ..... well Apple will give you $200 for a iP5 heck I would not exchange my Q10 and Z10 for an iP5 !! .... Hey ....that's only me and a profitable Law firm speaking !!
    SK122387 and stevepar like this.
    08-31-13 01:03 PM
233 123 ...