Hi guys,

I've searched all around and wasn't able to find an answer to my question. Back in March when I first got my Z10 I added a PlayBook video chat option in my contacts for my PlayBook (runs on a different BBID). Didn't use it much back then, now I have a Q10 which I loaded all my information from my Z10 onto but I no longer have the option to add a PlayBook video chat to my contacts. Anyone know how to do this? I have tried a new contact with only the BBID email address, and also a new contact with only the PlayBook PIN. When I put just the PIN instead of PlayBook video chat it now only says Invite to BBM which won't work because the PlayBook doesn't have BBM.
    02-18-14 07:02 PM
    I didn't even know you could do this. Anyone able to help this person, please?
    02-24-14 12:11 PM
    Still looking for a solution... any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:54 PM
    Interesting buddy, because it knows by system if the email is a BBID and is logged into a PlayBook. Please verify if your PlayBook is signed with the right email.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:32 PM
    Also looking for a solution.

With the same BlackBerry ID, I know it only worked one way (initiated from PlayBook to OS10), but with different BlackBerry IDs for each device/user, calls could be initiated by either party. In either case, there was an entry labeled PlayBook VideoChat, as OP states.

Now I'm now afraid to edit the contact I have with PlayBook VideoChat showing (also has two BBM IDs showing, and I'm not sure how that happened.) Because when I edited my own, same as OP, no option for a PlayBook VideoChat field (although it did previously show under my own contact information.) I can add a BBM PIN, but then the only option is to Invite to BBM -- no Video Chat option, at least for me (possibly because it is not possible from Z10 to PlayBook with same BB ID.)

Maybe the BBM PIN would work when VideoChat for a contact is really possible (two different BlackBerry IDs if OS10->PlayBook). Problem is, I can't see the contact's PIN, because there's no option now to retrieve the 'PlayBook VideoChat' information when editing the contact...and I'm afraid if I do replace it, the VideoChat option will be lost, and will only be able to (not really) 'Invite to BBM'.

As long as I never have to edit the contact, all is well!
    02-26-14 12:34 PM
    The only way I do it is to have the PlayBook call my Z30 and not delete the notification.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:41 PM
    It used to work like this:

If your contact had a PB Video Chat active BBID and you had that email into the contact on the BB10 device, it would show the "PlayBook Video Chat" option on that contact.

I can call my Z10 from the PlayBook, but can't seem to call the PB from the Z10 (most likely due to both devices using the same BBID).
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-27-14 at 12:26 PM.
    02-27-14 12:13 PM
    i was able to call my phone from my playbook video chat,
    but i was not able to try other way, i added the bb pin to my contact for the plabook and stil no dice
    02-27-14 06:41 PM
    Same here

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 06:47 PM
    Same here as well.
    03-01-14 01:40 PM
    Same again.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 04:03 PM
    Video chat has to be open on the PlayBook before you can call it from a BlackBerry 10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 04:05 PM
    @slick_cl I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Seems to be an issue with the OS upgrade to 10.2.1 as it wasn't present on previous OS builds. I gather no one has found a solution. Has anyone communicated this issue to the BlackBerry software sustaining team? I would expect it would be something resolved in 10.3.
    03-17-14 11:13 AM
    Video chat has to be open on the PlayBook before you can call it from a BlackBerry 10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^ this is correct

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 09:58 PM
    OK, I know this is an old thread, but this is simply not the way I remember it used to be -- the PlayBook didn't even have to be powered on, you'd just get a notification of a missed call on the Playbook next time it powered up. The PlayBook video chat field in Contacts was always present, as long as one of their e-mail addresses was their BlackBerry ID -- it didn't appear and disappear in BB10 based on the contact's PlayBook being on, off, in or out of VideoChat.

No, something changed, all right. KB33601-How to start a PlayBook Video Chat from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone to the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet -- notice it says nothing about the PlayBook Video Chat app having to be on. Imagine if you could only dial phone numbers if the phones were powered on; if powered off, the phone number would actually disappear from your contacts!

Anxious to see if they restore it in 10.3, but I'm not holding my breath, they seem quite eager to extirpate every memory of PlayBook. It would be just as easy (if not easier) to bring BBM to PlayBook, so that 'Invite to BBM' would function and they could become regular BBM contacts. But PB is EOL, LOL, FWIW, QED.
    06-04-15 06:14 PM
    Yes, the PB is EOL, LOL, FWIW, QED and we all should be able to deal with it by now. That KB is dated 04-10-2013. I would not put much hope on outdated KBs doing you any good, specially for EOL/defunct products that no longer get support.

You can still call from PlayBook to BB10 though, just enter the PIN and dial in.

Adding PlayBook Video Chat contact in 10.2.1-its_something.jpg
    06-04-15 07:35 PM