As of 3 weeks, my beloved Q10 has started using up the battery way too fast. Also, on several occasions it has randomly shut off. Software 10.2.1.2102.

Always have stuff like location services off. Nothing has really changed in the applications I am using. I figured it could be related to memory issues so I deleted everything from the memory card.

I do not know if it is related but it started on a hot day when I had left the phone sitting in a hot car.

This morning I have lost 25 per cent of battery in 1 hour doing nothing

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 11:58 PM
    Next, I will try a complete wipe. In a few days.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 11:59 PM
    Do the search in Crackberry there are many discussions on battery drainage. I used to have the similar issue but thanks to the great people here I got rid of it.
    08-19-15 12:15 AM
    I have searched. Do you mind telling me which solution helped youv

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 02:51 AM
    Show your device monitor at first

Posted via my Passport
    08-19-15 03:58 AM
    Well my Q10 I swear was pretty good unless I talked on it a lot. Now the last few months I have to charge it at lunch to make it to 6pm. I bought a new battery (same as old) and it didn't make a difference. About 6hrs I get with little to no calls. So I can pop in another battery now. But what the heck has changed? I always check my battery monitor and can't see any app drawing power. The System is always the biggest draw then PIM services. I've only gone through one drain on the new battery so i'll see if it improves. Batteries are cheap for these phones. After charging 550-600 times I can see it needing a fresh battery.
    Last edited by hayman68; 08-19-15 at 10:18 PM.
    08-19-15 10:06 PM
    I see they have a high capacity 2680 mAh battery. Has anyone tried one of these?
    08-19-15 10:26 PM
    Buying extra battery is not a solution. You have to solve this issue first. If OP wants help, the first step is to share your Device Monitor Battery Usage in the forum (graph and details 1 to 2 screens under). And to add your BB10 current version and last day of update.
    08-20-15 08:38 AM
    I'm running 10.3.2.2252. I updated a few weeks ago and it didn't make a difference.

I can't post links yet it says tell I have 10 posts?? I have some screen shots up loaded to photobucket.

But the Report since last charge says:
    On 7:35am (now is 11:55am)
    System 49%
    Display 33%
    Browser 26%
    PIM. 19%
    Standby 14%
    Andriod player 7.6 %
    Text 3.7
    Phone 3.3

46% battery left
    4hrs.
    If I get a couple calls I can't make it till 6pm I'll have to charge it or replace the battery.

Now I have been on the browser the last 30-45min using WiFi here using up power for the display.
    08-20-15 12:53 PM
    Post elsewhere if needed but get to your first 10 post so we can see the screenshots It will really help...

49% on system doesn't say much here. It's still a pourcent. I need to see your graph. I bet you charge your phone not on full cycle. You will have probably to reset the battery estimated time left and then, correct the way you charge your phone. By the way, did your phone even reboot when you put it on a hard surface ?

See you soon
    08-20-15 04:43 PM
    08-20-15 09:56 PM
    Thank you

When you're battery drained a lot, check the CPU tab with the Current setting and take a screenshot too.

And start by disable the Battery Saving mode and then do a hard reset by pressing both the volume up and down rockers until the BlackBerry logo is displayed.

Check this thread about battery "management". Start to reset your battery estimated time, and don't charge and use it at the same time at least. I let you read the thread advices.

By the way, did you activate encryption, activate a cloud storage account sync or update your phone OS in the previous 6 days or so ?
    08-21-15 04:52 AM
    44% battery is way too much. Especially since the last charge. Something is running all the time you have to found what.

Posted via my Passport
    08-21-15 05:30 AM
    I left it on over night screen shots to follow...if they let me!
    08-21-15 11:46 AM
    Again it says I need more posts
    08-21-15 11:51 AM
    To post links
    08-21-15 11:51 AM
    Ok finally hope this works. I left it on over night. It did fine at idle but as soon as I started using it the drain is quick. Now typically I don't surf the net much with it like this week. Just been doing it lots regarding this issue.

Last edited by hayman68; 08-21-15 at 03:56 PM.
    08-21-15 11:59 AM
    Well my post has to be "approved" man this is time consuming to just link something on here!!
    08-21-15 12:01 PM
    Well my post has to be "approved" man this is time consuming to just link something on here!!
    Sorry for the delay, I had a VERY busy day at the "day" job, and the other mods must be busy also. Give us time.
    08-21-15 03:01 PM
    No problem, just not used to this forum format where forum posts need to be approved.
    08-21-15 03:53 PM
    Thank you

When you're battery drained a lot, check the CPU tab with the Current setting and take a screenshot too.

And start by disable the Battery Saving mode and then do a hard reset by pressing both the volume up and down rockers until the BlackBerry logo is displayed.

Check this thread about battery "management". Start to reset your battery estimated time, and don't charge and use it at the same time at least. I let you read the thread advices.

By the way, did you activate encryption, activate a cloud storage account sync or update your phone OS in the previous 6 days or so ?
    I've done the hard reset a few times but after checking out that link on battery management i did the reset as stated on there at full charge with the charger plugged in. That reset my battery monitor all back to zero so I'll see how that works....

I don't know maybe these phones can't be used much for web browsing during the day even on wifi mode. One of the kids has a new HTC phone and he says it will drain down to 25% after 12 hrs. But he's on that thing texting constantly, playing games and the social media stuff.
    08-21-15 06:49 PM
    BBM and roaming sucks my battery down to nothing. About twice a month BBM is running at 51 percent and drains my battery. I usually know when it happen not just because of battery drain, my phone gets so hot you can't hardly touch it. I never use it. I have three BBM contacts and hardly ever talk to them. It takes about four restarts to get it to clear. The roaming will drain my battery from 90 percent to 20 percent in about an hour. I either have to turn it off or leave my Q10 on the charger in the truck.
    08-21-15 08:09 PM
    BBM and roaming sucks my battery down to nothing. About twice a month BBM is running at 51 percent and drains my battery. I usually know when it happen not just because of battery drain, my phone gets so hot you can't hardly touch it. I never use it. I have three BBM contacts and hardly ever talk to them. It takes about four restarts to get it to clear. The roaming will drain my battery from 90 percent to 20 percent in about an hour. I either have to turn it off or leave my Q10 on the charger in the truck.
    Wow!!! Heck no mine isn't that bad! Check you battery monitor and see what BBM is doing.
    08-21-15 09:16 PM
    Wow!!! Heck no mine isn't that bad! Check you battery monitor and see what BBM is doing.
    I think it has something to do with the OS. I'm running 10.2.1.3023. My other BlackBerry devices don't do it but I have only one Q10.
    08-21-15 10:33 PM
    I got a classic for my.... 80 year old father and checked its battery monitor this morning and it had been on 2.5 days and still had lots of battery left!! But he doesn't use it much at all so its not a fair comparison. Heck I'd buy a classic (bit bulky) or even go to the "dark side" and get an android of some sort. But with my work I like something somewhat compact and durable and so far these BB's have stood up well. Will battery life be any better on a Android ....as on the Android forums people are seeking help for battery issues as well. My kids go through Androids like 2 to one of my BB's.
    Last edited by hayman68; 08-22-15 at 12:16 AM.
    08-21-15 11:51 PM
62 123