Well I have used my Q10 purchased from ebay for 6 days. I turn it on use it for a couple of hours then go back to my S5. Not sure what to do either keep the Q10 or just keep the galaxy. It feels like I'm leaving a lot of functionality behind going with the q10. But at the same time the Q is in back of my mind when not using it. Not sure what to do
    10-16-14 11:08 AM
    Get a Passport.
    10-16-14 11:13 AM
    Sell the Q10 to a cb member

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-16-14 11:15 AM
    Yes, sell the q10 to someone here and get a Passport :-)

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    10-16-14 11:16 AM
    Maybe go read the thread called "ten days with my Q10". Maybe you should expose yourself to the device for ten days...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 11:19 AM
    You're gonna find good and bad things with either device... that's why you flip flop... just gotta pick and let go....

It's like boobs... I like small ones... but I like big ones too... but a woman can't have both... so I gotta just pick and let go....
    Naeg1995, dmateo, jas1978 and 8 others like this.
    10-16-14 12:29 PM
    Lol ok will do
    10-16-14 12:30 PM
    I had a Galaxy Note which broke and in fact all the phones I have get broken within 12 months. I've had a blackberry before and loved the keyboard but having spent years on Android I'm used to a quality selection of apps and as someone that loves to tinker I found the older BlackBerry a big disappointment and felt very limited.

Now I picked up a used Q10 because of the touch screen and the ability to install Android apps. The Android runtine isn't without fault but the apps I use do work. I can only see better support for android apps and I'm very happy with the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:13 PM
    I had a Galaxy Note which broke and in fact all the phones I have get broken within 12 months. I've had a blackberry before and loved the keyboard but having spent years on Android I'm used to a quality selection of apps and as someone that loves to tinker I found the older BlackBerry a big disappointment and felt very limited.

Now I picked up a used Q10 because of the touch screen and the ability to install Android apps. The Android runtine isn't without fault but the apps I use do work. I can only see better support for android apps and I'm very happy with the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    That's a lot of broken phones, you don't like cases???

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1052
    10-16-14 01:19 PM
    I became a two phone man when I picked up a Nexus 5 used. I hotspot my Q10 and do internet, video and apps on the Nexus and communicate text message notes calendar on my Q10. Try that. I'm enjoying doing it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-16-14 01:40 PM
    By functionality you're referring to apps?

Because that's basically it as far as functionality differences goes between BlackBerry and Android.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    10-16-14 04:01 PM
    It isn't an easy decision but if it helps, phones come and go and there is always something new and you can switch anytime if you really need to.

That being said, I went through the same ordeal. I came from the S3 (what a great phone), and I thought the Q10 was a big mistake at first. What I found was that with BB, you do give up a lot of the "bells and whistles." But, I also found that with time, you start to forget about them and you focus on what is available. Flipboard was something that I originally* had to give up and I loved the app. After a month, I didn't even think about it.
    It was an adjustment phase for sure.

I enjoy downtime on my phones.

The big plus with the BB was that when I got used to the OS, I was a huge fan. I also don't hate touch screen keyboards, but I do enjoy the physical typing on a PKB.

Anyways, imho; I see you sticking with the S5. I do think it is too early to rule out the Q10, but I think you will always go back to your S5 if you have that option. I didn't. I had the Q10 only and "had" to adapt, and after time, was glad too. Samsung screens are amazing, as are their cameras, apps,...
    If you want the smaller size, a great OS, PKB and added security and phone focussed on less....then keep giving the Q10 a try.
    I would seriously try and put the S5 away for a month if you really want to give it a go.
    dmateo likes this.
    10-16-14 04:08 PM
    I absolutely appreciate the honest feedback! The reason I want a blackberry is because I feel it is safer and feel that the S5 just offers way to much and I do not need it all. Then I think about how easy it is to watch an nfl game or ncaa game on the S5 and get second thoughts. I may shut the S5 down for a week or so and use the q10 and see what happens
    10-16-14 08:06 PM
    Yes apps and the compatibility with banks and every other day activities.
    10-16-14 08:08 PM
    functionality? Do you mean apps? The Q10 is far superior when it comes to productivity. If you haven't given enough time to familiarize yourself with the OS, that could be a problem. Learn the phone and you'll love itm or jump back on the S5. There's nothing wrong with that. I had the Note 3 for 8 months. I prefer the Q10 in every way. Except the screen size. The Note had a spectacular sized screen to watch movies and such.

Posted via Q10RR
    10-17-14 01:30 PM
    functionality? Do you mean apps? The Q10 is far superior when it comes to productivity. If you haven't given enough time to familiarize yourself with the OS, that could be a problem. Learn the phone and you'll love itm or jump back on the S5. There's nothing wrong with that. I had the Note 3 for 8 months. I prefer the Q10 in every way. Except the screen size. The Note had a spectacular sized screen to watch movies and such.

Posted via Q10RR
    Yeah its a tough decision due to how nice the screen is on the S5. What I meant by functionality is that on the S5 I can go and pay my bills in a second. On the Q10 It seems like I have to jump through hurdles just to get into Bank of America. The Q10 is a nice looking device by far and thats whats making my decision a tough one
    10-19-14 03:56 PM
    Yeah its a tough decision due to how nice the screen is on the S5. What I meant by functionality is that on the S5 I can go and pay my bills in a second. On the Q10 It seems like I have to jump through hurdles just to get into Bank of America. The Q10 is a nice looking device by far and thats whats making my decision a tough one
    Bank of America is a huge pain when even just trying to access your bank account with the Q10. Can't disagree with you there.

Posted via Q10RR
    10-19-14 08:27 PM
    I do use cases but I think I'm not clumsy! This year I've had 2 Nexus 4's, a Galaxy Note, a Blackberry Curve, an HTC Wildfire and now a Q10. Luckily I'm insured!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 03:15 AM
    The only thing that bugs me about BlackBerry 10 is the lack of native banking apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 12:54 PM
    ...and absolutely texting more because I desperately want to type more on my keyboard

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:53 PM
    Well I have used my Q10 purchased from ebay for 6 days. I turn it on use it for a couple of hours then go back to my S5. Not sure what to do either keep the Q10 or just keep the galaxy. It feels like I'm leaving a lot of functionality behind going with the q10. But at the same time the Q is in back of my mind when not using it. Not sure what to do
    What functionality are you missing other than the larger screen? Most people tell you to upgrade but I don't think the software on the Passport is all that different.

Posted via my Q10
    10-21-14 08:20 AM
    Yes I agree, I wish they had a bank of america app! I don't use much apps but I do use the banking. Other than that everything else is great for me.

Posted from my Q10
    10-21-14 10:19 AM
    Yes I agree, I wish they had a bank of america app! I don't use much apps but I do use the banking. Other than that everything else is great for me.
    Yeah the bank of america app would be nice to have. The screen on the S5 is nicer but not sure if I would really miss it. The other thing that concerns me is the possible double typing issue

Posted from my Q10
    10-21-14 11:17 AM
    Well with Amazon I got the Chase banking app. Life saver there. Sux that BOA is not there.

Posted from my Blackberry Q10
    10-21-14 11:40 AM

Posted from my Q10
    If more BlackBerry 10 users complained to banks they might post the app on BBW. In Canada I believe all the banks have posted their apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 11:55 AM
26 12