The Q10 is a great device, but there are only 2 things I want to be changed to make it more better.
    1. Size. The size of the Q10 is huge and bulky, compared to the 9900. I hope they slim it down, maybe to the size of the 9900

2. Pictures on the q10 are kind of grainy, compared to the clear fluid screen on the 9900 and the z10. Will be more appealing if screen or pictures on the q10 was clear and fluid like the z10.

What do you want to be changed in the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 01:34 PM
    The Q10 is a great device, but there are only 2 things I want to be changed to make it more better.
    1. Size. The size of the Q10 is huge and bulky, compared to the 9900. I hope they slim it down, maybe to the size of the 9900

2. Pictures on the q10 are kind of grainy, compared to the clear fluid screen on the 9900 and the z10. Will be more appealing if screen or pictures on the q10 was clear and fluid like the z10.

Posted via CB10
    1. Q10 is a very good size for me (I suppose I have average sized hands) - I wouldn't want a slimmer phone that had no battery life (like some other BlackBerry products) - it is your opinion that it is too bulky, I'd be interested to know if many other people think the same
    2. Pictures on my Q10 display better than they did on my old 9900 - are you referring to a particular file format?
    decoy7 and PantherBlitz like this.
    01-17-14 01:51 PM
    Let's see. First the screen needs to be 16:9 because the 1:1 ratio is very dated and makes everything harder on developers.
    Second would be a better camera!

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    01-17-14 02:02 PM
    I've never once was looking at my screen and thought, I wish it was 16:9.....

the q10 isn't really a media heavy phone... sure, it CAN handle media... but not specifically made for it.... emails and text go out fine with 1:1...

For what kind of phone this is... I really can't think of anything to change... an addition to battery life is always welcome, not that this is a slouch in that department... a mere couple hundred mA wouldn't be enough... maybe a 50 percent increase but that just might increase the size too much...
    01-17-14 02:20 PM
    There is no way the same picture looks better on the 9900 than the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 03:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Q10 has pretty much the same dimentions as the 9900... Yes the 9900 gives a impression of being smaller with those curved edges, but the Q10 is actualy thinner than the 9900 despite feeling thicker. Give the increse in size of the Q10's screen, the minimal diference in device size is well worth it, I just wished the Q10's screen bezel was as thin as 9900's

Q10
    66.8 x 119.6 x 10.3 mm
    66 x 115 x 10.5 mm

2 things to change on Q10-tinhte_9900_q10_bb_bb10_bbq10_q10vs9900-2.jpg

2 things to change on Q10-tinhte_9900_q10_bb_bb10_bbq10_q10vs9900-8.jpg
    bbmtna and deezy87 like this.
    01-17-14 03:59 PM
    to piggy back onto the message above me, I think the only reason why the 9900 felt thinner is because of the angled battery cover. The 9900 had a tailored cut to the back side which I bet for some gave it a different feel.
    01-17-14 04:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think the Q10 is a great fit foor the hand. Not too bulky but just right.

Although I think the cam could be better, I can't say that photos from my 9900 were any better than my Q.

If anything, I'd just add a better cam and a chrome bezel. I think that'll cover me for a while.

Posted via Q10
    01-17-14 04:42 PM
    Q10 display is much better than 9900.

Q10 & 9900 on Bell Mobility
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    01-17-14 04:45 PM
    Must say I think the Q10 is quite good. I would like it to be a bit longer just for added screen size so I wouldn't have to scroll as much. It just weighs a bit more than the older one, well at least it is distributed differently. I have no complaints in that part except when trying to switch from Silent to a different mode without having to go in the settings part. Perhaps that changed with a newer updated (doubt it). Maybe it is also relative, I have a friend who has a Galaxy note 3 and makes my phone seem down right tiny!
    The screen is way better than the 9900 (well I cracked my screen, so anything is better). sure camera could be better...
    01-17-14 05:04 PM
    I agree my Bold 9800 fit better, nicer size, easier to type. Pictures on Q10 are way better though. But there are other things I would do such as dedicated answer/hang up button, direct text from a number, hot link numbers in emails, etc. I am constantly having to copy paste or write down #s to call back or txt back.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 05:12 AM
    This is a troll thread.

9900 camera sucked, it can't be compared to a Q at all.

Dimensions of a Q is "bulky". WTF?

Go back to your iToy.

CDN BB
    01-18-14 05:19 AM
    if you light very bright screen, the LCD technology in the 9900 would be nicer for you, but if you don't like to have the backlight at full tilk like me (it hurts my eyes), the Q10 has a much better screen, WAY deeper blacks, better overal color reproduction, and less blur.... wich basixcly are the key diferences between LCD (9900) and OLED (Q10)
    01-19-14 10:38 AM
    I think the Q is an ideal size. I think they could actually keep the same size and increase the screen about a 1/2 inch at the top. Move the earpiece up close to the top along with the led and sensors. Don't really care for a keyboard phone any bigger than the Q.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:00 PM
    For the Q10 and it's BB10 OS.,
    1) include the smart holster
    2) the contours of the Bold were more comfortable to hold. 'don't like squared off edges in my hand if I'm reclined and need to grip the phone strongly. Those edges cut in to my hand over time.
    3) I'd not enlarge the screen. Give up on that. Focus on one-handed usage that other larger phones can't match.
    4) I do miss the "go back" button. Even Android has it. It always just does the right thing.
    5) Ability to have apps start up upon reboot. 'needed for alarm apps.
    6) For the sake of one handed usage, I do miss the track pad. That saved me from a lot of thumb stretching to reach far portions of the screen. The current limited size of the Q10 makes the need for that marginal, but if it were to expand the screen size, I think it would be critical.
    7) Voice input to Maps app.
    8) Don't sacrifice battery life.

Tactile keyboard is great for convenience and semi-blind usage. But don't waste time trying to combine it with larger screens. Virtual keyboards like Swype are very good and can almost be as good as the tactile BB keyboard when working semiblind... and possibly better when working with full visibility.

The future might be in having two devices. For example, Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Gear. Or Q10 and larger screen Android|iOS device. Or Q10 and paired BB tablet. (BB might have been ahead of it's time on this.)

For Q10 I think the future is not competing with the large touch screen devices. There is a huge need for those, but there is huge competition as well. Focus on small convenience and perhaps secondarily on complementing these larger devices.

I might be somewhat off the mark here but hopefully I've expressed the perspective+considerations effectively.
    01-19-14 01:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    The 9900 does feel thinner because it's thin and then pops out where the battery door is. The q10 is all flush, and by dimensions is actually thinner than the 9900

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    01-19-14 02:04 PM
    Agree with point 1, I feel Q10 is more bulky in my hands too, compared to 9900. I guess it's the angle on the back of 9900 that gives better grip. Design wise, I prefer 9900.

Posted from JulieBerry
    01-19-14 03:43 PM
    I don't know, I sometimes find pictures grainy but I think my phone zooms in a little when I download them. Anyways, I don't really find that to be a big deal.

It would be cool if the screen size was just a bit larger, but even then I don't mind the screen size the way it is now - I don't watch a lot of YouTube and videos on my phone; but I'd like it a little bit larger. Also, without the larger screen size or not, it'd be so cool if the Q10 could also be moved to landscape mode. I don't type or multi-task a lot when I watch YouTube videos or TV shows; and besides, if you want to respond to an email or something, you could just switch the phone to portrait mode and get to an app anyway. Having a physical keyboard shouldn't automatically mean you can't get landscape mode on your phone. It's a feature I wish I had on my Q10.
    01-20-14 03:32 PM