I must be really unlucky or BB's build quality is diminishing! Thats the LAST thing I think about when I buy a new phone, but now its like the FIRST thing I think about buying from BB.

If my 3rd Q10 is defected then, its not just a coincidence.
    08-27-13 10:06 AM
    Where did they defect to?
    BBwild, Snazy, u4rhea and 12 others like this.
    08-27-13 10:10 AM
    I vote unlucky. I have not heard of their being any massive issues with the Q10. The Z10 DID have a random rebooting issue, which was fixed with the 10.1 software, but the Q10 has been rock solid from what I have heard. What issues were you having with the device?
    08-27-13 10:11 AM
    Must be religious persecution.
    I'm thinking operator error
    ROFL, that is THE comment of the day! You gave me a nice chuckle.

I'm thinking operator error
    Lets go easy on the OP and try to find out what the issue is!
    What was wrong with them?
    08-27-13 10:13 AM
    What's the issues. I kinda aagree with u...BlackBerry was supposed to replace my Q10 yesterday due to the double typing issues. but the new replacement set had a faulty and loose SPACE key.....*****

I was like so frustrated. But still have to wait for a newer one...

Posted via my Q10
    pbadini likes this.
    08-27-13 10:13 AM
    Could be a bad batch...but for the last seven or eight years since using BlackBerry - remember the 7105t?, - i have never had a DEFECTIVE blackberry phone which includes 2 pearls, a bold 9700, 2 bold 9900's, a z10 and a Q10 and a playbook. No random reboots on my BB10 devices either. Maybe I just got lucky?
    08-27-13 10:47 AM
    What's the issues. I kinda aagree with u...BlackBerry was supposed to replace my Q10 yesterday due to the double typing issues. but the new replacement set had a faulty and loose SPACE key.....*****

I was like so frustrated. But still have to wait for a newer one...

Posted via my Q10
    I'm betting you're not dealing with BlackBerry at all. Virtually all carriers handle the warranty concerns of the phones they carry. Pretty much all of them allude that they're dealing with BlackBerry when in fact they're dealing with an authorised 3rd party warranty administrator who will in all likelyhood either fix the phone you had orginally or send you a refurbished unit. The only people who get brand new replacement units those days are those who've taken out additional insurance.
    08-27-13 11:06 AM
    I'm betting you're not dealing with BlackBerry at all. Virtually all carriers handle the warranty concerns of the phones they carry. Pretty much all of them allude that they're dealing with BlackBerry when in fact they're dealing with an authorised 3rd party warranty administrator who will in all likelyhood either fix the phone you had orginally or send you a refurbished unit. The only people who get brand new replacement units those days are those who've taken out additional insurance.
    Or they do what they did for me and just send it back still faulty clearly without so much as having turned it on - otherwise they would have seen the fault as described in the job manifest within several seconds.

Still cost them a brand new phone - not accepting a refurb when I bought it less than 2 months prior

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 02:53 PM
    I know a guy who had to return his iPhone 5 four times before he actually got a working one. Apple and that particular device must be complete garbage, I mean it is the most expensive mainstream phone out there and he had to return it multiple times. Don't know how such a bad QA company like Apple could become so popular.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    08-27-13 03:41 PM
    I would hope the quality control in apple and BB would be superior and clean.

But who knows any more when someone can save a penny per unit they will move manufacturing to someplace cheaper. You can build them here in the states becasue all the damn regulations and they would all have to be union and health care. It would be great if they would move those jobs back home
    08-27-13 03:50 PM
    Nothing software, just the way it was built like it was rushed.

Q10 #1 = Had a loose spacebar that was squeaky

Q10 #2 = Had a screen that was squeaky too and flexes alot when pushed down lightly.

Q10 #3 = We'll see
    08-27-13 05:21 PM
    I must be really unlucky or BB's build quality is diminishing! Thats the LAST thing I think about when I buy a new phone, but now its like the FIRST thing I think about buying from BB.

If my 3rd Q10 is defected then, its not just a coincidence.
    Coincidence if bought at same location.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 08:47 PM
    From Cuba to the US

CB10- BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.1047
    08-27-13 09:10 PM
    2 different locations in Melbourne

Posted via Q10
    08-27-13 10:25 PM
    In the past i have had bold 9900 with an off center screen so it was a build quality issue. At the time I purchased the device at future shop outright and just returned it and got a direct device replacement under thier in-store return and defective merchandise policy. And actually i had to return two devices before I got one that was right. Unfortunately nowadays most companies would rather you submit your phone for warranty and get a refurbished replacement. As we pay our hard earned cash for these devices/products i presume like you and I our expectation is slightly higher and it would be nice to get a product that has reasonably good build quality.
    I lucked out and my first Q10 was purchased off my network and Ive had zero issues with the phone and the build quality i got in my device is quite impressive.
    bendiep1991 likes this.
    08-27-13 10:50 PM
    3rd Q10 results are in!

Perfect built quality! But has software problems relating to the keyboard!

When I press some letters like 't' it spits out"Yidt". The other broken keys spit out different 4 character combinations.

I'm gonna install a newer OS to see if it fixes it!

If not then FAIL Q10 #3!
    08-28-13 02:50 AM
    I noticed a peculiar typing issue like this when I tried using the KOBO app but that was an app problem. Sounds like they dismantled your phone but did not take enough care to reassemble causing squeaky screen. Might also be your phone was one that had been returned before you got it. Some people can be cheaky say they spilt milk on the keyboard and caused the typing issue then returned the phone...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 04:02 AM
    I know a guy who had to return his iPhone 5 four times before he actually got a working one. Apple and that particular device must be complete garbage, I mean it is the most expensive mainstream phone out there and he had to return it multiple times. Don't know how such a bad QA company like Apple could become so popular.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10

Apps...
    08-28-13 04:19 AM
    3rd Q10 results are in!

Perfect built quality! But has software problems relating to the keyboard!

When I press some letters like 't' it spits out"Yidt". The other broken keys spit out different 4 character combinations.

I'm gonna install a newer OS to see if it fixes it!

If not then FAIL Q10 #3!
    That doesnt look like a software problem. Im sorry but i think you have another defective q10. The circuits on your keyboard seems messed up. Goodluck on your 4th. Mine is perfect but its my third!
    08-28-13 06:38 AM
    That doesnt look like a software problem. Im sorry but i think you have another defective q10. The circuits on your keyboard seems messed up. Goodluck on your 4th. Mine is perfect but its my third!
    Yeah I installed a different OS, it's still there... **sigh

I'll keep you guys posted on the 4th Q10 results lol
    08-28-13 07:27 AM
    This is odd, first time I have heard Q10's defect like this, I have Q10 and its perfect so far, my first go Hope it gets better, really bizarre.
    08-28-13 08:39 AM
    This is odd, first time I have heard Q10's defect like this, I have Q10 and its perfect so far, my first go Hope it gets better, really bizarre.
    I know its been very frustrating for me
    08-28-13 05:21 PM
39 12