There's a problem down there and i'm sure is no device related, but the os design. The swipeable bezel of the q10 is small and they somehow tricked the lower part of the screen to be less responsive in order to make swiping easier, specially the right side, where a right handed person would put the thumb more often to swipe up. Try and see if the left side is more responsive, I feel like it.

Sent from the Dark Side
    I was playing with a live Q10 at a Verizon store the other day and the swipe up feature was hit and miss. I didn't do a swipe up to unlock but after having several apps open I was swiping up to minimize and sometimes it took more than one try. I did notice that it seemed dependent on the speed of my thumb action. Maybe there is some tolerance of speed for scrolling so if I swiped up too slow the frame did not minimize. If I sped up my thumb swipe it minimized the frame every time. The same was similar when I was trying the "peek" feature. If I swiped up and right too slow I couldn't "peek". If I sped up the movement of my thumb then I got the "peek" each time.

I can see why the hit and miss aspect of the bezel swipes can lead to some frustration with heavy users.
    07-01-13 01:22 PM
    I was playing with a live Q10 at a Verizon store the other day and the swipe up feature was hit and miss. I didn't do a swipe up to unlock but after having several apps open I was swiping up to minimize and sometimes it took more than one try. I did notice that it seemed dependent on the speed of my thumb action. Maybe there is some tolerance of speed for scrolling so if I swiped up too slow the frame did not minimize. If I sped up my thumb swipe it minimized the frame every time. The same was similar when I was trying the "peek" feature. If I swiped up and right too slow I couldn't "peek". If I sped up the movement of my thumb then I got the "peek" each time.

I can see why the hit and miss aspect of the bezel swipes can lead to some frustration with heavy users.
    I tried a Q10 on Saturday at a VZW store, the gestures were slick, but I couldn't minimized with my thumb and always had to use my index fingered.

- Scott
    07-01-13 01:34 PM
    This is because the phones that have this ability have overwritten the web browser standards and added something that isn't part of the standard. If the craigslist or any other website actually used the correct standards.
    Code:
    <a href="tel:
    then it would work correctly. I could create a craigslist post that you could call directly from your BB10 device. It has taken time for website operators to get up to the standards. BB decided to make their OS standard compliant and not fragment the standards.
    I was thinking the same exact thing, thanks for your post!
    07-01-13 02:25 PM
28 12