I have some interest on my Q10. I was informed that there were 2 different keyboards on Q10. Is this true?
    If so, curios as to know how to find out.
    07-28-14 07:12 PM
    I have some interest on my Q10. I was informed that there were 2 different keyboards on Q10. Is this true?
    If so, curios as to know how to find out.
    Arabic one and....non...Arabic one? Roman? qwerty?
    07-28-14 07:33 PM
    Arabic one and....non...Arabic one? Roman? qwerty?
    I don't know. He said " just to be clear there are 2 different Q kb's"
    07-28-14 07:44 PM
    There are multiple country and language variants out there. For example my german Q10 uses our standard QWERTZ layout, I think our french neighbours get AZERTY devices. The I have been told there are variants for scandinavian countries as well as arabic versions.

I am not sure if the guy was talking about such differences. Besides language based differences, people around here told that newer Q10 or recently refurbished models got a keyboard which feels different compared to the first models. Obviously this was due to some problems regarding double typing issues.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    07-29-14 01:11 AM
    There are multiple country and language variants out there. For example my german Q10 uses our standard QWERTZ layout, I think our french neighbours get AZERTY devices. The I have been told there are variants for scandinavian countries as well as arabic versions.

I am not sure if the guy was talking about such differences. Besides language based differences, people around here told that newer Q10 or recently refurbished models got a keyboard which feels different compared to the first models. Obviously this was due to some problems regarding double typing issues.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    Oh how I want a qwertz one then I'm stuck in the states with a qwerty one and I have to manually change it but the key stays the same

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 01:41 PM
    I think a potential buyer may be most interested in whether it has the older, soft, double-typing prone keyboard, and the alleged later, more clicky, fixed version that BlackBerry are supposed to be now using (without them publicly acknowledging the issue or fix).
    It would be good to be able to identify which keyboard a Q10 had especially when buying a used device, so you know if you are likely to be plagued by the dreaded Achille's Heel, which is somewhat ironic on a device and brand that exists solely on having a reliable physical keyboard as it's key feature and USP.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 01:08 AM
    I have 2 keyboards. One is OG (day one, keys are sort of shiny) and the other one has keys that are more matte black and slightly different clicks. So, yeah, there are two hardware versions of the keyboard it seems.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 04:53 PM