I have been a BlackBerry fan, but I am getting a little concerned that BB10 is gradually losing its identity by trying to become more and more like the other platforms (iOS, Android). The new 10.3.x flat look, the big ugly unnecessary and annoying blue/green circle, and the terrible calendar UI do not give me a good feeling about where they are heading. I understand that they may be doing all this to gain more market share, but they need to be careful not to lose their strengths on the way, which IMO will make them more vulnerable in the long run!
    Lag_Fisher, playfoot and ssbtech like this.
    02-25-15 07:43 PM
    I have made a minor discovery!

I'm mainly an Agenda view calendar user. But I don't really like the new Agenda view in this new Calendar.

I figured out how to get the old Agenda view back !!!

First go to Month view. Then tap the day you're interested in. It pulls up Agenda view but you're still looking at the monthly calendar too . So....then tap the date a second time and you get just the week as a single row across the top, which is better because it leaves more room on the rest of the screen for the day's activities.

Now for the next discovery.....if you want to advance the week (top row) then you carefully scroll the top row of dates DOWN (not across) to move to the next week. It's quite sensitive so do the scroll slowly

It's all rather obscure but at least it's still possible to get my old favourite Agenda view back.

I hope this will help some other members.

Posted via CB10
    fkornre and black.rhino like this.
    02-25-15 09:00 PM
    I was going by what someone else said in another thread somewhere about text labels being removed from various parts of the OS. Combined with the photo above, that's what it appeared happened.

I'm not updating to 10.3, so I can't verify this myself. It's nice to see the option for labels is there.
    And you are gullible enough to believe that guy... really? BlackBerry would remove text labels on app icons? Facepalm

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:04 PM
    BlackBerry could release the old calendar as a replacement/ standalone/ user-selectable app.

They could just implement the growing date numerals and the thin bars (corresponding to the number and length of appointments) and leave the current 10.3.1 colour scheme, action bar etc as it is.

 Q5 / Z30
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    02-27-15 02:08 AM
    BlackBerry could release the old calendar as a replacement/ standalone/ user-selectable app.

They could just implement the growing date numerals and the thin bars (corresponding to the number and length of appointments) and leave the current 10.3.1 colour scheme, action bar etc as it is.

 Q5 / Z30
    They could. The question now is if they would.

CB on Q10
    02-27-15 02:20 AM
    IMO they should.

Maybe some options would come with 10.3.2 or 10.4!

 Q5 / Z30
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    02-27-15 05:27 AM
    Can I say, " I told you so " it is terrible on Q10

Initiated from my Q10
    02-27-15 06:34 AM
    I really get annoyed and frustrated everytime I see my calendar like this:

10.3 Calendar's UI is terrible-img_20150227_214932.png

CB on Q10
    02-27-15 07:52 AM
    I really get annoyed and frustrated everytime I see my calendar like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150227_214932.png 
Views:	300 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	337398

CB on Q10
    It certainly gives one a cluttered view of life. Especially when life isn't that cluttered.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.1
    Lag_Fisher and gvs1341 like this.
    02-27-15 07:54 AM
    It certainly gives one a cluttered view of life. Especially when life isn't that cluttered.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.1
    I know for a fact it would have seemed manageable in 10.2 because I've had months filled like that and it was a pleasure to get things done with the old calendar app. It was so readable and quick. I felt more in control than otherwise.

But looking at a filled calendar in 10.3 makes me just want to give up and call it quits. Just the complete opposite of what the calendar embodied before. I don't even use the current calendar app. Instead I handle stuff with the outlook Web app and pop into calendar for immediate agenda checks.

Why BlackBerry broke the Calendar app is beyond me. It's just so incomprehensible. It's as if nobody is even testing their phones anymore. Updates are filled with bugs post-10.3

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:40 AM
    @ Lag_Fisher, Halifax Guy, deadcowboy

Folks who have been using the leaked OS since December had pointed this out several times. But BlackBerry had some other priorities (?)

I haven't updated my devices just because of the messed up calendar. It would be such a headache navigating through the clutz it is (in 10.3).

 Q5 / Z30
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    02-27-15 10:26 AM

Folks who have been using the leaked OS since December had pointed this out several times. But BlackBerry had some other priorities (?)

I haven't updated my devices just because of the messed up calendar. It would be such a headache navigating through the clutz it is (in 10.3).

 Q5 / Z30
    Thanks for the info. Seems that BlackBerry's design team for the Calendar are really fans of both iOS and Android that they're able to combine the dots (from iCal) and the non-sense of the green bot.

Would you know if there's a way that we could revert even just the Calendar to the 10.2 version?

CB on Q10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    02-27-15 10:31 AM

 Q5 / Z30
    I've been using the leaks since pre-Passport. I've been making threads about this and posting about this regularly.

I'm just so happy to see so many other people that are finally aware of the issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:43 AM
    Go to amazon and get business calendar. Best calendar app in ages!! I'm delighted with it it's free.

Posted via CB10
    It's true but BlackBerry calendars are unfortunately not supported. With businesses calendar copy and paste worked perfectly.

 Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2243
    02-27-15 12:45 PM
    That business app from amazon works like a dream on my q10. Way better than the calendar app here.
    See photo that I hope attached. You can change colors and sync with google etc.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 337474
    02-27-15 01:17 PM
    With appts (I used the bars for privacy purposes here, but it gives you an idea of the appts/look. I keep it as text and you can see the name of what the appt is)
    10.3 Calendar's UI is terrible-img_20150227_142141.png

Posted via CB10
    Lag_Fisher and acovey like this.
    02-27-15 01:23 PM
    I don't want the need for a third party app without the native integration for one of the most important things of a business tool.

The calendar was great, it now sucks big time. Normally I'm not too harsh cause I think BlackBerry has a lot right in their OS even though the majority of people thinks differently. Nonetheless the alterations on the calendar in the update are just plain stupid.

Many people have reported this and nothing has been done. They even made it worse than in the first iteration in 10.3

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 02:52 PM
    I can't agree more, you shouldn't need a 3rd party app for a basic, yet crucial business tool. It's not like developing a calendar app is something completely new and unexplored territory for developers. There have been great calendars available since rather early Symbian and Windows Mobile times, even Android got great ones like the mentioned Business Calendar. So it is pretty hard to understand why BlackBerry can't actually improve their software rather than fooling around with it.

Stuff like this, causing critical voices by loyal users, could be easily avoided. But no, it baffles me how BlackBerry manages so often to make such careless steps and needs to deal with the reactions.

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM, KR2013 and Lag_Fisher like this.
    02-27-15 04:31 PM
    I have made a minor discovery!

I'm mainly an Agenda view calendar user. But I don't really like the new Agenda view in this new Calendar.

I figured out how to get the old Agenda view back !!!

First go to Month view. Then tap the day you're interested in. It pulls up Agenda view but you're still looking at the monthly calendar too . So....then tap the date a second time and you get just the week as a single row across the top, which is better because it leaves more room on the rest of the screen for the day's activities.

Now for the next discovery.....if you want to advance the week (top row) then you carefully scroll the top row of dates DOWN (not across) to move to the next week. It's quite sensitive so do the scroll slowly

It's all rather obscure but at least it's still possible to get my old favourite Agenda view back.

I hope this will help some other members.

Posted via CB10
    This is awesome!! You prefer the agenda view just like I do and you just made the new UI workable for me. THANK YOU!!!
    02-27-15 05:18 PM
    While I agree the native calendar should be better, I'm thrilled with the third party app. I never liked the calendar app for the Q10 anyway, so that's probably why I'm happy with the one I linked to.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:51 PM
    With appts (I used the bars for privacy purposes here, but it gives you an idea of the appts/look. I keep it as text and you can see the name of what the appt is)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150227_142141.png 
Views:	512 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	337475

What does the triangle on its side mean above the Tue?
    02-27-15 09:08 PM
    Client: What days do you have free late next week/early the following week for an afternoon meeting?
    Business guy: I don't know, let me tap each and every farkin' day until I get to one with some free time...
    Lag_Fisher, DocDRM, KR2013 and 3 others like this.
    02-27-15 09:09 PM
    The sad thing is, 10.3 had a nicer calendar than 10.3.1 (based on images I've seen). Someone must've been drunk or let their kid mess around with the image files just before the official release.

Also, the side by side comparison of the other OS calendars makes BlackBerry's look like a joke and a huge embarrassment.

And to those who say "accept change/you'll get used to it" - that's the same logic of "acquired taste", which is really saying: it tastes like crap but you'll get used to it...eventually. Crap is crap, no matter how much you sugar coat it. Change for the better is one thing and bending over and accepting rubbish is another.

Hopefully BlackBerry is listening and a change for the better will come in 10.3.2

emPowered by 
    KR2013 and gvs1341 like this.
    02-27-15 09:43 PM
    The sad thing is, 10.3 had a nicer calendar than 10.3.1 (based on images I've seen). Someone must've been drunk or let their kid mess around with the image files just before the official release.

Also, the side by side comparison of the other OS calendars makes BlackBerry's look like a joke and a huge embarrassment.

And to those who say "accept change/you'll get used to it" - that's the same logic of "acquired taste", which is really saying: it tastes like crap but you'll get used to it...eventually. Crap is crap, no matter how much you sugar coat it. Change for the better is one thing and bending over and accepting rubbish is another.

Hopefully BlackBerry is listening and a change for the better will come in 10.3.2

emPowered by 
    I'm on a Q10 again. 10.2.1's calendar is a breath of fresh hair.

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM likes this.
    02-27-15 09:51 PM
    Client: What days do you have free late next week/early the following week for an afternoon meeting?
    Business guy: I don't know, let me tap each and every farkin' day until I get to one with some free time...
    Speaking of a real-life scenario on how this new calendar works. I can so much relate to this!

CB on Q10
    DocDRM likes this.
    02-27-15 10:12 PM
95 1234