February 22, 201... something.

Are the "Search" and "Go to date" buttons really hard to press? Because the giant "Add" button would imply they are...
    02-21-15 08:21 PM
    February 22, 201... something.

Are the "Search" and "Go to date" buttons really hard to press? Because the giant "Add" button would imply they are...
    Well i guess the giant buttons are meant to highlight the button you'll probably press next. But still, the UI is really terrible as far as user interaction is concerned.

CB on Q10
    02-22-15 03:05 AM
    What does it help if there is a blue point or blue square nearly everyday?
    I wish the numbers were smaller again. And not bold.
    The screen on my Q10 is already small, but with 10.3.1 I have far less actual text because the menus, etc take away so much space.

10.3 Calendar's UI is terrible-img_20150224_103100.png
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    02-24-15 04:35 AM
    What does it help if there is a blue point or blue square nearly everyday?
    I wish the numbers were smaller again. And not bold.
    The screen on my Q10 is already small, but with 10.3.1 I have far less actual text because the menus, etc take away so much space.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150224_103100.png 
Views:	1236 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	336478
    Right. This new design is totally unproductive. I do hope they'll bring back the growing numbers and sidebars. That makes the calendar app a realy blackberry app!

CB on Q10
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-24-15 08:19 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150224_103100.png 
Views:	1236 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	336478
    I know what the bottom buttons do except for the one to the right of the + button. What's that? Why have they removed text labels? I shouldn't require a degree in iconography to know what something does...
    02-24-15 12:32 PM
    They haven't removed text labels ; user did.
    02-24-15 12:42 PM
    I know what the bottom buttons do except for the one to the right of the + button. What's that? Why have they removed text labels? I shouldn't require a degree in iconography to know what something does...
    They haven't removed anything. It's you who set your phone up like that. Go into Display settings and turn on "Always Show Icon Labels"

Smfh..

10.3 Calendar's UI is terrible-img_20150224_184204.png

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport�
    02-24-15 12:43 PM
    They haven't removed text labels ; user did.
    I was going by what someone else said in another thread somewhere about text labels being removed from various parts of the OS. Combined with the photo above, that's what it appeared happened.

I'm not updating to 10.3, so I can't verify this myself. It's nice to see the option for labels is there.
    02-24-15 01:47 PM
    I was going by what someone else said in another thread somewhere about text labels being removed from various parts of the OS. Combined with the photo above, that's what it appeared happened.

I'm not updating to 10.3, so I can't verify this myself. It's nice to see the option for labels is there.
    Sorry for the aspect of my post. I wanted to post a picture to bring you a proof, but since the update it seems I can't attach pictures with my posts on Crackberry. Irritating.
    02-24-15 01:54 PM
    Remember got massacred. I can't open an Outlook task folder and filter by category. This is horrific!

Still can't hide alarms from agenda view in calendar.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 01:57 PM
    Few weeks and I got used to it. Change isn't always bad.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    02-24-15 02:02 PM
    Go to amazon and get business calendar. Best calendar app in ages!! I'm delighted with it it's free.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 03:59 PM
    Few weeks and I got used to it. Change isn't always bad.

Change isnt always bad but lets accept it, the change they made in the Calendar app is worse!

CB on Q10
    02-25-15 03:12 AM
    Gosh, the colour scheme is horrible !

SinSim, posted via CB10 (Q10, 10.3.1.1565)
    02-25-15 04:03 AM
    What were they thinking?

With all their focus on being a tool, and productivity, how that calendar happened is a total mistery to me.

I dont really like the new UI at all, but I can understand that they must jump on the "flat and toy-like" bandwagon, and as long as it works, I dont care too much how it looks.

Problem is - the calendar doesnt work.

apart from the already mentioned issues with month-view, week-view is also useless. The old version did fit the whole week onto one screen (on the Q10), but with the new version, I can only look at one half of the day. Is there a zoom anywhere? Two-finger pinch does not work, and I cant find it in the settings.

Also, did they change the wipe directions in monthly-view? Left-right is now 6 months-nothing and top-down changes the months. I think it used to be the other way round? At least that is how it is on any other device.
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-25-15 04:13 AM
    Just look at this. These dots and squares are totally useless.

10.3 Calendar's UI is terrible-img_20150225_182021.png

CB on Q10
    02-25-15 05:53 AM
    Calendar Explained:

Dots: colour indicates which Calendar a meeting is for, Dot means it is not an "entire day".

Square: "full day" meeting, stuff like Birthdays as well. Again colour indicates which Calendar it is for.

Month view: Swipe left for Year view, quickly switch Months. Swipe Up or Down to switch months. Tap bottom to show Schedule for selected day (sort of Weekview mixed with Agenda).

Week view: Swipe left or right to switch weeks. Tap row with 24-arrow icon to expand "full day" meetings. Pinch hour rows to zoom in/out.

Day view: Same functions as Week view.

Agenda: shows all scheduled meetings for a Week. Swipe left or right to switch weeks. Red line on side for overlapping meetings.

Overflow and Bottom bar: selfexplanatory, just click to see what they do.

it's freakin' easy, has a choice for everyone. Stop fearing change!

iur likes this.
    02-25-15 07:31 AM
    Dots: colour indicates which Calendar a meeting is for, Dot means it is not an "entire day".

Square: "full day" meeting, stuff like Birthdays as well. Again colour indicates which Calendar it is for.
    But that used to be in 10.2 already, but with even more info. Just "entire day" and "not entire day" is not really telling me much.

Week view: Swipe left or right to switch weeks. Tap row with 24-arrow icon to expand "full day" meetings. Pinch hour rows to zoom in/out.
    Zooming in does work, but zooming out doesnt! My days are longer than nine-to-five. I need six-to-ten.
    02-25-15 07:47 AM
    Calendar Explained:

Month view: Swipe left for Year view, quickly switch Months. Swipe Up or Down to switch months. Tap bottom to show Schedule for selected day (sort of Weekview mixed with Agenda).

Day view: Same functions as Week view.

Agenda: shows all scheduled meetings for a Week. Swipe left or right to switch weeks. Red line on side for overlapping meetings.

Overflow and Bottom bar: selfexplanatory, just click to see what they do.

it's freakin' easy, has a choice for everyone. Stop fearing change!

Still, the growing numbers and sidebars were more efficient in determining how a day will look like.

The sidebars gave the user an idea which part of the day is full and if there are overlapping appointments. This clearly lacks with the dots. The growing numbers also gave similar perception to a user.

With the dots, a 2-hr appointment and a 5-hr one will have the same dot. And just 1 dot no matter how many appointments there are in a day.

Next is that these dots doesn't indicate whether an appointment is a 'busy' one or 'free' particularly in the Month View. We need to access that particular day to know that. That's like defeating the purpose of the concept of 'Blackberry Peek'.

My argument here is why did Blackberry replaced an evidently more efficient feature? That doesn't seem to level-off with Blackberry's image as a business phone.

Change is great! In fact I'm loving the fresh look of 10.3. Only that there are certain new features that doesn't seem to have a better purpose than its predecessors.

CB on Q10
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-25-15 07:58 AM
    Definitely with you. Not "fearing change." Just preferred a daily view on the Agenda with the ability to swipe left or right if I wanted to see other days in the week in Agenda view.

Posted via CB10
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    02-25-15 08:06 AM
    Yeah I understand we were used to a different way. And it certainly was nice, the way you could tell your schedule by colour/size before and I do think the Agenda is a bit slower to use like this.
    But I much prefer the other adjustments.

If you want certain features back, leave feedback on the Beta Zone Forums. Even without Beta access you can still let yourself be heard.

I think one of the reasons they removed growing numbers is they have to dumb down the OS as much as possible. Just look at all the stupid-proof stuff we have gotten over the years. An UI with different shapes and sizes would look very off-putting for the "average" user. It's something that happens in every OS, cutting edge features that require some understanding are removed in favour of simple-but-less-useful approaches.

02-25-15 08:42 AM
    Yeah I understand we were used to a different way. And it certainly was nice, the way you could tell your schedule by colour/size before and I do think the Agenda is a bit slower to use like this.
    But I much prefer the other adjustments.

If you want certain features back, leave feedback on the Beta Zone Forums. Even without Beta access you can still let yourself be heard.

I think one of the reasons they removed growing numbers is they have to dumb down the OS as much as possible. Just look at all the stupid-proof stuff we have gotten over the years. An UI with different shapes and sizes would look very off-putting for the "average" user. It's something that happens in every OS, cutting edge features that require some understanding are removed in favour of simple-but-less-useful approaches.

So I guess we'll get more of these iOS-***-Android-ish UI in the future. Very un-Blackberry.

CB on Q10
    Warios and ssbtech like this.
    02-25-15 09:11 AM
    This new Calendar is disastrous! (to quote and concur with that other thread)

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-25-15 09:15 AM
    The new calendar looks like the phone has measles or chicken pox. I highly recommend Business Calendar in Amazon. Works like a charm. Love it.

Ok- I can't seem to post a screenshot now. Ugh!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:42 AM
    The new calendar looks like the phone has measles or chicken pox. I highly recommend Business Calendar in Amazon. Works like a charm. Love it.

Ok- I can't seem to post a screenshot now. Ugh!

Posted via CB10
    LOL!

I haven't updated my Q5 and Z30 all because of the Calendar.

I would be completely lost and waste too much time fiddling with the "flattened" calendar. The growing numbers and multiple side bars of 10.2.1 are irreplaceable.

 Q5
    Warios and Lag_Fisher like this.
    02-25-15 10:15 AM
95 1234