The calendar of 10.2 was very useful in helping us organize our schedule. Now, the 10.3 version seems to focus on aesthetics and not functionality.

BlackBerry should bring back the calendar design's functionality. Bring back the 'growing numbers'. Re-do the layout of the Agenda view.

Who's with me?

CB on Q10
    02-20-15 10:32 AM
    definitely. New agenda view is so annoying. Why would you do that blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    JackTColten likes this.
    02-20-15 10:34 AM
    Several of us have been complaining about this for a while. BlackBerry seems to be more interested in flattening out the UI than actual functional improvements. The calendar is the product of focus groups full of iDroid fans.

The growing numbers and bars that indicate what parts of the day is busy was a brilliant design. I don't know why they'd screw up a good thing.
    02-20-15 10:37 AM
    Several of us have been complaining about this for a while. BlackBerry seems to be more interested in flattening out the UI than actual functional improvements. The calendar is the product of focus groups full of iDroid fans.

The growing numbers and bars that indicate what parts of the day is busy was a brilliant design. I don't know why they'd screw up a good thing.
    Definitely agree. In fact the 10.2 design was perfect for the BlackBerry image they're keeping to establish. When working on my schedule, just a glance on the month view will give me an idea how a day will going to look like. Those dots and squares are total failure and un-BlackBerry. And I guess your right, flattening out the UI was actually the focus of the new iOS design. Unbecoming of Blackberry.

CB on Q10
    gvs1341 and ssbtech like this.
    02-20-15 12:04 PM
    Totally agree. The 10.3.1 calendar is horrible, laggy and not easy to use at all.

I was always a big fan of the calendar style of the BlackBerry Playbook.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    andy957 likes this.
    02-20-15 12:11 PM
    Hmm, I'm not finding this at all. It works great for me.
    rhitdoph likes this.
    02-20-15 12:14 PM
    +1 here, love the 10.2.x calendar

Z10 STL-2 Official10.3.1
    Lag_Fisher and JackTColten like this.
    02-20-15 01:13 PM
    Yep don't like the calendar, like was said above just want to be able to glance and see what days are busy

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 01:45 PM
    really ? I love the fact the new calender agenda view shows me my upcoming meetings over the next few days
    rhitdoph likes this.
    02-20-15 04:08 PM
    I agree - 10.3 calendar is a step backwards in terms of functionality. Takes me longer to do simple tasks and more difficult to navigate.
    02-20-15 04:13 PM
    really ? I love the fact the new calender agenda view shows me my upcoming meetings over the next few days
    Same w/ the prev Calendar design. But the new one's quite cluttered and simply not as functional as the 10.2 design.

CB on Q10
    02-20-15 08:00 PM
    The month view is absolutely horrible now.

For instance, I have a calendar event nearly everyday, although with varying numbers and duration each day, some light and some heavy work load.

With 10.2 calendar, I could easily recognize which days are busy and which days are going to be light by a simple glance with the help of growing numbers, and side bars on each day box.

Now, all I get is a fukking circle for ANY event, long or short.

The growing numbers and side bars served a real function, and now they are gone. I do not care about other changes, just bring back the growing numbers and side bars.

On a positive note, automatic meeting notification profile change is awesome

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 335421
    Absolutely agree about the growing numbers and side bars. And agree also, these fooking dots and squares are totally useless! Shame to the brains (if ever present) that made up these and replaced what made BlackBerry calendar a useful app.

Automatic mtg notification isn't enough to compensate the loss but yeah, it's quite cool.

CB on Q10
    02-20-15 10:40 PM
    I can't agree more and have also complained in a number of topics. The way they designed the 10.3.1 calendar is a clear step backwards compared to 10.2.x Honestly, I don't know what the software gurus at BlackBerry were thinking

My main gripe is the new monthly view. All those colored squares and circles. It looks bad and there is no productive use at all. Sure on Q10/Q5/Classic you do not have much screen space, yet the little bars shown in previous versions were much more productive than those dots. At least I could check whether the appointment is early or later on that date. I mean looking years back, software designers managed to make great calendars for devices with 1.) even smaller screens, 2.) even lower resolutions and last but not least 3.) much less potent hardware.

I really hope BlackBerry goes back to the drawing board fast. For me, my phone is a productive tool I rely on. I do not need Instagram, Snapchat, Netflix or whatever else "hip" must-have app there is available at the moment, but I need that productivity performance. That's the reason why I got a BlackBerry in the first place. Unfortunatly BlackBerry needs to step up their core game, be it Calendar, be it Docs to Go.

Posted via CB10
    JackTColten and playfoot like this.
    02-21-15 12:18 AM
    I can't agree more and have also complained in a number of topics. The way they designed the 10.3.1 calendar is a clear step backwards compared to 10.2.x Honestly, I don't know what the software gurus at BlackBerry were thinking

My main gripe is the new monthly view. All those colored squares and circles. It looks bad and there is no productive use at all. Sure on Q10/Q5/Classic you do not have much screen space, yet the little bars shown in previous versions were much more productive than those dots. At least I could check whether the appointment is early or later on that date. I mean looking years back, software designers managed to make great calendars for devices with 1.) even smaller screens, 2.) even lower resolutions and last but not least 3.) much less potent hardware.

I really hope BlackBerry goes back to the drawing board fast. For me, my phone is a productive tool I rely on. I do not need Instagram, Snapchat, Netflix or whatever else "hip" must-have app there is available at the moment, but I need that productivity performance. That's the reason why I got a BlackBerry in the first place. Unfortunatly BlackBerry needs to step up their core game, be it Calendar, be it Docs to Go.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree more. The UI designers were probably fans of the new iOS.

CB on Q10
    JackTColten likes this.
    02-21-15 12:22 AM
    Has anyone tried loading the 10.2.1 calendar bar over the circle and dot mess? Seems like making a hybrid OS is the interim solution as the calendar is not updated through the app world.

Posted via my repaired Q10
    02-21-15 12:32 AM
    I also agree ,old Calendar UI was very good compares to this new UI,
    There should be a way to choose between app UI's
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    02-21-15 05:16 AM
    So looks like we're getting a concensus here that the 10.3 Calendar UI isn't as functional as its predecessor.

CB on Q10
    JackTColten likes this.
    02-21-15 06:41 AM
    The calendar is less than stellar and it should not have been changed so dramatically. Upgrades should make things better, not worse.

Posted using my Q10
    02-21-15 06:46 AM
    Screen shots anyone? I still have not updated so I'd like to see what the fuss is about.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:29 AM
    Screen shots anyone? I still have not updated so I'd like to see what the fuss is about.

Posted via CB10

10.3 Calendar's UI is terrible-img_20150221_115015.png

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    02-21-15 10:50 AM
    Agreed! My calendar app has been on the fritz for a while now so I hoped the upgrade would fix it. Sure it works but it's not user friendly! Dumb

Posted via CB10
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    02-21-15 03:12 PM
    Have to agree that 10.3.1 calendar is a eye sore and less productive than past versions. I hope BlackBerry will address this sooner rather than later.

Posted via CB10
    JackTColten and Lag_Fisher like this.
    02-21-15 03:41 PM
    I like the 10.3 calendar for bringing back multiple days in the agenda view like BlackBerry 7 had. I think I can get used to the other quirks.

Posted via CB10
    Bobglen and acovey like this.
    02-21-15 04:53 PM
    This does not seem so bad to me. I guess I'll find out whenever Verizon decides to push the latest OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:15 PM

Posted via CB10

10.3 Calendar's UI is terrible-img_20150222_094751.png

CB on Q10
    02-21-15 07:49 PM
95 123 ...