That was how i felt, then i forgot myself and turned my phone off and had no choice but to let the update finish, and amazingly i havent seen a single problem yet. The volume thing, i had to turn my master volume back up as it had been turned down, just thought I would mention this in case its that simple for the volume.

On my Q5 the music program equalizer thing is a huge improvement in sound quality. Videos at youtube work fine. It left all my apps in their folders just like i had them.

Maybe some of your issues will mellow out in a few days.

Now i know my Z10 refusal to update past 10.1 is my carriers doing and not a problem with my internet strength like they said. I do not want this latest update on the Z10 though and I have automatic updates disabled on the Z10.
    02-26-15 09:54 AM
    "To Boldly Go", thank you for the suggestions. Most appreciated. Unfortunately, no change with the volume.

Hope you are correct about things mellowing. However, as I was typing this had a call and noticed the contact pictures are no longer showing when the phone rings - the name shows, but no image....
    02-26-15 06:15 PM
    "To Boldly Go", thank you for the suggestions. Most appreciated. Unfortunately, no change with the volume.

Hope you are correct about things mellowing. However, as I was typing this had a call and noticed the contact pictures are no longer showing when the phone rings - the name shows, but no image....
    I know! When my home phone rings, it shows me who is calling on my tv, but I can't see their photo, and sometimes I forget what people look like, and it really throws me off when I talk to them, and can't see a photo of their face to remind me who they are.
    Sorry for the sarcasm. It's crazy where technology has taken us lately, and how angry people get when it doesn't function exactly as we think it should.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:02 PM
    HJ,

You did make me laugh. Nonetheless, it is important as I deal with thousands of contacts. And when a contact calls who I may have had business with 4 or 5 years ago but have not spoken to or seen since that time, and for the sake of argument, their surname is "Park", and I have oodles of that surname in my database, it is nice to be able to put a face to the name. Often, the visual recognition triggers a memory that can help break the ice after a long silence.

And since technology has encouraged us to take the time to capture pictures, it would be nice if technology would be somewhat consistent and allow us to continue to use the feature.

Some other issues that are coming up (and that I have not yet noted elsewhere)....Just trying to find out if a feature/process change or a bad install...

1. Missed calls - now I must push twice. First push brings up a screen with a "call back" option at the bottom that must be pressed. Is this correct? In the old OS, just push the missed call once and the call back is in place.

2. Call ends, a black screen‎ appears with a green square at the top showing call duration. Holds for about 3 to 5 seconds, then goes black again and returns to phone main screen. Total time to wait: 5 to 8 seconds.

3. Every time I wake up the phone, the Hub is showing. Even if I leave it on an email account I want to see when I wake the phone up, it is ALWAYS the Hub. Is there a setting I can change as I didn't need to with 10.2.

4. Contacts have become jumbled. Actually the update seems to have randomly deleted numerous ‎bits of info. At the moment seems to be email addresses of people to whom I mail using their various accounts. For example a person may have three or four emails depending on the project, entity, or just personal vs work.

5. Bluetooth headset. Seems that when I select to use the handset, as I sometimes want to do, the phone rings on the handset and then switches to the headset automatically. I then have to search my bag, if I am at an airport like this morning. Or juggle things, search for the headset . . . Again, is this a feature?

Fully realise I may just have a bad install.
    02-26-15 10:46 PM
    HJ,

You did make me laugh. Nonetheless, it is important as I deal with thousands of contacts. And when a contact calls who I may have had business with 4 or 5 years ago but have not spoken to or seen since that time, and for the sake of argument, their surname is "Park", and I have oodles of that surname in my database, it is nice to be able to put a face to the name. Often, the visual recognition triggers a memory that can help break the ice after a long silence.

And since technology has encouraged us to take the time to capture pictures, it would be nice if technology would be somewhat consistent and allow us to continue to use the feature.

Some other issues that are coming up (and that I have not yet noted elsewhere)....Just trying to find out if a feature/process change or a bad install...

1. Missed calls - now I must push twice. First push brings up a screen with a "call back" option at the bottom that must be pressed. Is this correct? In the old OS, just push the missed call once and the call back is in place.

2. Call ends, a black screen‎ appears with a green square at the top showing call duration. Holds for about 3 to 5 seconds, then goes black again and returns to phone main screen. Total time to wait: 5 to 8 seconds.

3. Every time I wake up the phone, the Hub is showing. Even if I leave it on an email account I want to see when I wake the phone up, it is ALWAYS the Hub. Is there a setting I can change as I didn't need to with 10.2.

4. Contacts have become jumbled. Actually the update seems to have randomly deleted numerous ‎bits of info. At the moment seems to be email addresses of people to whom I mail using their various accounts. For example a person may have three or four emails depending on the project, entity, or just personal vs work.

5. Bluetooth headset. Seems that when I select to use the handset, as I sometimes want to do, the phone rings on the handset and then switches to the headset automatically. I then have to search my bag, if I am at an airport like this morning. Or juggle things, search for the headset . . . Again, is this a feature?

Fully realise I may just have a bad install.
    1. Previously it was a bit too easy to place accidental calls while scrolling through the hub. You can still call contacts with one touch via the phone app
    Also to note.. there was no detailed call logs before. There is now, which is what you see in the hub and is the the callback had to be buried.
    2. I don't like how the phone interrupts everything everytime a call is ended
    3. Hub > settings >display > return to default view when idle
    4. Not sure. You can try to backup your contacts to SD using www.deviceswitch.com app, then go to settings > accounts > menu > delete local contacts. Wait a few minutes for the process to complete, then use device switch to re import your contacts
    5. Might want to try turning off the bluetooth setting to "automatically connect to last device"

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-27-15 02:00 AM
    Nah,

Thank you for your kind suggestions.

1. I could write something snide about how I am being punished for the mistakes of others, but I will resist. Nonetheless, this is like a number of other features in 10.3 that requires more pushes than in 10.2, therefore taking a little more time out of my day.

2. Ditto

3. has been in that setting for a while and not working/no impact.

4. Have reached a point where I will nuke one phone and go back and autoload 10.2.2

5. Looks like a combination of bluetooth issues and I have an issue that I can hear the caller, but the caller can not hear me.

And have you noticed, for example in BBM, at the top of the screen where the image of the contact is supposed to be, the "white on white" theme makes it near impossible to read the contact's name....Very bad UI design.
    02-27-15 09:11 AM
    Sorry about what happened to you. My situation was quite the opposite. After waiting for a week to get the update on my SQN100-3 bought on Amazon with a Telus SIM card, I decided to try Sachesi and I'm very satisfied with the update.
    The only thing I notice is that volume on notification is low compare to what it was on 10.2. But let's be honest here, it was so loud on 10.2 that my volume was at the 3rd and loud enough ! Now it's true that I need to almost max it to get the previous volume.. but when I read the reviews about this issue, I thought it was going to be way worse than that...
    The rest of the modifications, you may like it or not... but you can't bring changes without changing things!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:26 AM
    The rest of the modifications, you may like it or not... but you can't bring changes without changing things!
    And some of the changes were user requested, not created by some developer gone amok to just antagonize the user...
    fogscreen likes this.
    02-27-15 01:43 PM
    Thank You for all the replies.

‎After three days of use, I have come to the following conclusions as it relates to my experience and my thoughts relative to a Q10.

‎Note that to date I have not had any issues with processor speed on either the Z's or the Q's. Moreover, I don't use many apps and those that I do have no issues with the current specs. Mainly I am about communication, be it email, BBM, sms, phone, etc, and I read the FT, stocks etc in the browser. Books from my little public library.

First and foremost I do not believe this version of 10.3.1 is suited for the small screen real estate of the Q. Rather I think it is better for large screens such as my Z's. I have no issue with the flattened UI other than it is too much an homage or aping of other‎ recent OS's.

Yet, the changes have meant an increase in size of some items such as bar at the bottom of the screen, and the addition of elements such as the blue blob. While interesting on the larger screens they are an annoyance on the Q. The result is less space, and in my instance more "bad swipes" as I unintentionally catch items.

The legibility of the fonts and a number of areas where effectively white on white is used makes the reading difficult . Additionally smaller icons on the Q mean reading glasses are required more often.

As I have noted the increase in required touches/taps for the actions I do often is frustrating. So too are the lags, the slowness, and the pervasiveness of Assistant when compared to universal search. ‎ This is very evident in all mail and BBM: almost as if the phone requires a second or two to process commands. Although I doubt it as such slowness is mostly accompanied by a slight shading effect that makes me believe it to be part of the UI.

And as I work in a number of languages, the language input is now slower, lags and provides some very strange suggestions - especially in the Asian languages.

As for the calendar and the volume. . .'nuff said.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, I think BlackBerry is on the right track in an effort to recover. And I will, once I read in these pages and elsewhere that the problems that afflicted me and my colleagues are remedied , reinstall the latest version. However, until that time I can not act as an unpaid and unheeded tester.

Or perhaps there will be a new Q with an OS modified for its uniquely small screen and efficiency.

Finally, as someone who puts out new products, I do think BlackBerry must review this release. To me it seems there are too many issues that were known, and not corrected, from 10.3. If what has been written in Crackberry is correct, that is an atrocious ‎lack of respect for its core, loyal customers.

Again, thank you for your assistance. I may return if the autoloader fails. . .
    02-28-15 12:45 AM

Or perhaps there will be a new Q with an OS modified for its uniquely small screen and efficiency.
    Well, considering 10.3 available on the p9983 (q10 for people who bathe in money) for 4 months, before bringing the ui to the q10.. I'd say BlackBerry originally designed the os for square screens, without paying attention to real estate.

It's not perfect on the passport either.. where you say some things are too big on q10, on passport some things are too far/not designed/optimized for the screen.
    The quick settings toggles for example, the buttons should be in the middle.
    Also, the top prediction should be in the middle etc.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-28-15 03:28 AM
    Nah,

That would be a frightening and slightly disappointing thought: that the experience is "middle of the road" on both devices . . .
    03-01-15 06:36 PM
36 12