Hello.

I wanted to ask people using 10.3.2 on their Q10 and if it had any impact on the double typing issue. My Q10 developed the problem after about a month and a half of usage and has been pretty useless to my lately as i am slower on it than a touch screen phone due to the constant mistakes.

I was thinking of selling it to get a Q5 if the issue is not resolved. Any updates will be appreciated.

Thank you.
    06-10-15 08:59 AM
    Do not get a Q5, don't downgrade.

The most recent OS is supposedly to have a fix for double typing, so you need to hold out to install that officially, or you can install the leak now
    bbnrs likes this.
    06-10-15 09:01 AM

The most recent OS is supposedly to have a fix for double typing, so you need to hold out to install that officially, or you can install the leak now
    Have you tried it? Mine isn't as worst so I'm not in a rush but a fix would be great.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 09:11 AM
    Have you tried it? Mine isn't as worst so I'm not in a rush but a fix would be great.

Posted via CB10
    My passport doesn't have double typing, so I'm not in a rush to update to the leaked OS
    06-10-15 09:12 AM

How can software fix a hardware issue?

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.1
    06-10-15 09:14 AM
    How can software fix a hardware issue?

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.1
    Because it's not a hardware issue.

Explain how countless number of double type issues have happened on physical and virtual keyboards within the BB10 OS? You can't tell me the touchscreen is defective.

Explain how not only Q10s, but also Passports have this issue? I find it hard to believe if it was a HW issue, BlackBerry couldn't have fixed it before launching the Passport
    06-10-15 09:27 AM
    Because it's not a hardware issue.

Explain how countless number of double type issues have happened on physical and virtual keyboards within the BB10 OS? You can't tell me the touchscreen is defective.

Explain how not only Q10s, but also Passports have this issue? I find it hard to believe if it was a HW issue, BlackBerry couldn't have fixed it before launching the Passport
    Then why the Q10 of a friend didn't develop double-typing after it has been replaced by BlackBerry with a phone featuring a clearly redesigned keyboard? He has it now since more than nine months without double-typing.
    Why my Q10, also changed for a new replacement featuring a different keyboard, has yet to show any double-typing?
    Why there is a DIY fix available having you to open the keyboard, fix some membrane rings and suddenly the previously double-typing keyboard works like new?

I don't want to say software has nothing to do with it, in fact I guess on my Passport it seems to be software related and I even guess the same for my Classic. However in most cases, especially with the older Q it seems to be clearly hardware related.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 02:15 PM
    Then why the Q10 of a friend didn't develop double-typing after it has been replaced by BlackBerry with a phone featuring a clearly redesigned keyboard? He has it now since more than nine months without double-typing.
    Why my Q10, also changed for a new replacement featuring a different keyboard, has yet to show any double-typing?
    Why there is a DIY fix available having you to open the keyboard, fix some membrane rings and suddenly the previously double-typing keyboard works like new?

I don't want to say software has nothing to do with it, in fact I guess on my Passport it seems to be software related and I even guess the same for my Classic. However in most cases, especially with the older Q it seems to be clearly hardware related.

Posted via CB10
    Just read the log of changes that BlackBerry included with the new Beta OS (10.3.2.2204) . They have it right there in the change log that it brings a fix for double typing.
    Argue with the change log, not with the messenger lol

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2204 CB10
    Mansoor2 likes this.
    06-10-15 04:47 PM
    Yes I hope OP can get an answer. The issue has a software and hardware component. The interaction between the software and hardware is the issue. It seems like the new software may be able to compensate for keyboard issues. You would think that software is at the heart of preventing double typing as the keyboard can not work without the software.

Posted via CB10
    Mansoor2 likes this.
    06-10-15 05:01 PM