Hey all, really disappointed here.
    Finally got the ability to upgrade to 10.3.1.1518, it downloaded OTA as normal, installed each MB as normal, it rebooted as normal.
    During the initial setup (accepting terms,etc) I needed to put in a new SIM.

So I skipped that, entered wireless password, completed the setup, and everything was cool.

As you all know, in order to put a new SIM in, you need to pull the battery.
    So I pulled the battery, put the SIM in.

Now the phone will not boot. Will not charge, will not even show the red LED.
    The whole phone is rendered useless now.
    Link doesn't recognize it, the pc doesn't recognize it.

I've left it without a battery for about 6 hours, and put it back in, and nothing.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:45 PM
    Hey all, really disappointed here.
    Finally got the ability to upgrade to 10.3.1.1518, it downloaded OTA as normal, installed each MB as normal, it rebooted as normal.
    During the initial setup (accepting terms,etc) I needed to put in a new SIM.

So I skipped that, entered wireless password, completed the setup, and everything was cool.

As you all know, in order to put a new SIM in, you need to pull the battery.
    So I pulled the battery, put the SIM in.

Now the phone will not boot. Will not charge, will not even show the red LED.
    The whole phone is rendered useless now.
    Link doesn't recognize it, the pc doesn't recognize it.

I've left it without a battery for about 6 hours, and put it back in, and nothing.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Try connecting the original charger and leave it for a few hours. Then try turning it on. But leave it charging for a while

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-25-15 09:51 PM
    If it was an update, then why did you go through the initial setup again? There would be no need to do that.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:57 PM
    It was doing a secure reset, deleting everything.
    I do it everytime there's a major update, and then just readd all accounts manually.
    I don't save anything to internal drive, everything is on SD so I don't lose any info

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:08 AM
    It was doing a secure reset, deleting everything.
    I do it everytime there's a major update, and then just readd all accounts manually.
    I don't save anything to internal drive, everything is on SD so I don't lose any info

Posted via CB10
    Did you turn off the phone first, or simply rip out the battery while it was still on?

There are some safeguards in place, but you should always shut down first. Especially during the first 30 minutes after a security wipe. The OS is still initializing itself and you corrupted the process.

Download and run the 10.3.1.2267 autoloader. It will give you a clean, fresh install of the latest official OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=995995

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-15 07:11 AM
    Ok, I will give that a shot.
    Downloading the autoloader now.
    It does seem however that it's not getting any power at all, even though the battery is full

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:02 AM
    lets just hope ur battery is K'OD
    02-26-15 08:09 AM