So on 10.1, group texting worked fine for the most part. When three of my friends created a group text, I could respond within the group and everyone would receive it.

Upgrading to 10.2.1, I've lost this ability. When I respond to a group text, it sends the text to each person individually in their own private thread. This makes group texting pretty much impossible.

Anyone know a way to fix this?

Posted via Q10
    02-14-14 01:25 AM
    It sounds like what you need is BBM Groups. What you're describing works flawlessly on BBM Groups.
    02-14-14 04:23 AM
    I have the same issue. Create a group text and send it to both my daughters. When they reply I receive it in their separate text dialogs instead of compiling together as one. It would be awesome to have this feature WITHOUT having to load an additional app or setting it up in BBM..especially when you're communicating cross platform.

Z10
    Last edited by BKA22; 02-14-14 at 06:16 AM.
    02-14-14 05:45 AM
    On my leaked 10.2, there is a checkbox to enable group text. Are you checking that box when you start the text?
    02-14-14 05:59 AM
    I have another disappointment with group text. It's seems to send it as an MMS. Any idea why it does that? I have recipients in the group that can't open MMS

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 06:02 AM
    I have another disappointment with group text. It's seems to send it as an MMS. Any idea why it does that? I have recipients in the group that can't open MMS

Posted via CB10
    Group texts always send as an mms, that's how the protocol works.

Persons above: no I'm not using bbm, nobody uses bbm. And my phone doesn't have a check box for group chat.

Posted via Q10
    02-14-14 08:57 AM
    I didn't have any luck with group text either. Maybe because my kids are on Android phones. Much as I prefer BBM, I caved to my three kids' preference for Whatsapp. Now I actually quite like it. Since they're my only Whatsapp contacts, I always know who's messaging me by the tone, and I don't have the risk of accidentally adding them to a BBM chat like I erroneously did with the Q10.

Besides, Whatsapp has our all time favorite emote.... a lollipop. Wish BBM had one.
    02-14-14 09:26 AM
    10.2.1 group texting-img_20140214_143821.png

I have the 10.2.1.1925 leak installed, and this is what I see when I type >1 contact as a recipient.
    02-14-14 01:51 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140214_143821.png 
Views:	701 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	247873

I have the 10.2.1.1925 leak installed, and this is what I see when I type >1 contact as a recipient.
    Wow, really strange. I'm running OS 1925 and I don't get that option when I select multiple people.

Anyone know if the latest leak has this working consistently?

Posted via Q10
    02-15-14 04:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Turn that option off in settings

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 04:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can choose how you want them sent

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 04:25 PM
    10.2.1 group texting-img_00000442.png

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 04:29 PM
    If I change that setting, what will happen if I receive, or intentionally try to send a picture or video via text?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 06:17 PM
    I am on a leak also 10.2.1.1259, when I am involved in a group messages

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 07:58 PM
    To certain people in my contacts it shoot them individual message rather in the group message also.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 07:58 PM
    If I change that setting, what will happen if I receive, or intentionally try to send a picture or video via text?

Posted via CB10
    Text-only, lol it says

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:02 PM
    It works both ways. If you send a group text to say 6 people, they need to have group messaging enabled on their phones. If their phone has group messaging off, you will receive a separate message back and now have a new one on one conversation. Sometimes I get a group message and it don't want everyone to see my response, so I just delete the original and send a new message in response to the original sender.

Also, 10.2.1 allows you to create a group for texting and emailing that group. I have a team of 12 people managers I'm on and also manage a group of 15 people. Sending a group message is easy now with 10.2.1, you go into contacts and at the bottom there's the normal + sign to add new contact, but also an add group feature. Select it, name your Group and select each member and save it. Now when you go to text or email just select the group name from your contacts and the messages go to everyone in the group. The groups remain saved and can easily be edited.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-15-14 11:14 PM
    It works both ways. If you send a group text to say 6 people, they need to have group messaging enabled on their phones. If their phone has group messaging off, you will receive a separate message back and now have a new one on one conversation. Sometimes I get a group message and it don't want everyone to see my response, so I just delete the original and send a new message in response to the original sender.

Also, 10.2.1 allows you to create a group for texting and emailing that group. I have a team of 12 people managers I'm on and also manage a group of 15 people. Sending a group message is easy now with 10.2.1, you go into contacts and at the bottom there's the normal + sign to add new contact, but also an add group feature. Select it, name your Group and select each member and save it. Now when you go to text or email just select the group name from your contacts and the messages go to everyone in the group. The groups remain saved and can easily be edited.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    When I do groups from the contacts app, it sends each person an individual text instead of creating a group chat for all of us.

Posted via Q10
    02-16-14 10:37 AM
    When I do groups from the contacts app, it sends each person an individual text instead of creating a group chat for all of us.

Posted via Q10
    You have to enter the group name in the address line and check off enable group conversation. It still requires everyone else to have their group messaging turned on as well. I've found many people turn this feature off because they only want their response to go to you. I enable and disable the feature depending on the message I get. If I get sent a message and am 1 of 20 people, I want to respond but sometimes it's an annoyance to receive everbody's response. It's like commenting on a Facebook post and then getting a ton of notifications from everyone else who chimes in. You can only control that everyone in the group gets your message, you can't control whether or not the respondents choose to respond in the group or as an individual response.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-16-14 11:39 AM
    My problem is when I go to send a group text messages, the numbers selected are not the mobile numbers of my contacts. Numbers seem to be randomly selected when they should be mobile numbers only. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:02 PM
    When I get group messages, to reply to everybody I open up my text messaging options and say, send text-only messages as, mms. That is how I participate in group messaging. They all get it in the group message on their iphones.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:02 PM
    When I get group messages, to reply to everybody I open up my text messaging options and say, send text-only messages as, mms. That is how I participate in group messaging. They all get it in the group message on their iphones.

Posted via CB10
    Yea I think that might be the only way to reliably do it, you'd think when set to automatic the phone would figure it out (like it did in 10.1).

Changing the setting each time is a pain.

Posted via Q10
    02-16-14 02:42 PM
    Yes, this is a major pain. I thought it was a bug. I called T-mobile who gave me Blackberry support. My support rep thought it was a bug as well and directed me to re-load my OS via BB Link (which didn't work for a day...guessing because of their servers). Finally got it re-loaded, and it behaves the same. It's a function of 10.2.1, and I think it stinks. I think BB is trying to force us into BBM with this. Love my Q10 but I'm nearly ready to dump it for, eww, Android or iOS. BB is supposed to be about messaging and efficiency!!!
    03-20-14 03:50 PM