Hello !
    I have checked previous posts and articles. I have a Q10 running 10.1 and I did find a the way to add a custom notification to a contact. I am just afraid that I am missing something: is there any way to set a specific email from a contact to ring even if the telephone is in silent mode ? It is possible with bebuzz but I read somewhere that the 10.1 notification should also be settable to ring even when the phone is in silent mode but I can't find the way to do it. Thanks in advance.

Look very much forward to have Level 1 back on 10.2
    j556 likes this.
    07-01-13 04:05 PM
    no one with a good workaround for this / similar to level 1 notifications ? thanks
    07-02-13 01:29 PM
    Hello !
    I have checked previous posts and articles. I have a Q10 running 10.1 and I did find a the way to add a custom notification to a contact. I am just afraid that I am missing something: is there any way to set a specific email from a contact to ring even if the telephone is in silent mode ? It is possible with bebuzz but I read somewhere that the 10.1 notification should also be settable to ring even when the phone is in silent mode but I can't find the way to do it. Thanks in advance.

Look very much forward to have Level 1 back on 10.2
    I don't think you can change an individual email notification or change the volume/on-off, on the contacts. You can change the ringtone for different contacts and you can obviously change the notification volume for all notifications, but I do not believe you can do what you are looking for. On the older 7.1 devices, you could add a blinking LED for individual contacts through the AdvancedOS-LED app but its not available yet for BB10 devices. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    07-02-13 02:38 PM
    Thanks for your reply ! Well one way is via bebuzz that seems to work fine for a special ringtone on email (+ led) even if the telephone is on silent. This is close to level 1 notifications which, I think, will appear on 10.2

How do you/other uses handle a level 1 look alike feature (e.g. ringing on a specific important email sender even is the telephone is on silent or night mode?)
    Or is it the case the most users were not using level 1 notifications so don't really miss them ?
    07-02-13 04:17 PM
    This has been a real frustration for me too. With my Bold 9900, I could put it on silent mode especially when I was travelling overseas and was asleep while people were still at work in North America but whenever my wife or kids would send me a message, I would still be notified by a specific tone and a specific color LED. Now, if I put my Q10 in silent mode, the custom tone I set for my family is also turned off. Why oh why did BBRY downgrade this valuable user experience!
    07-14-13 03:24 PM