Google Zhuyin Input, Playstore keeps wanting to update it, (and sometimes does). I can't figure out how to delete it.

OK, just now found the app in apps, I assumed it wasn't there cuz it wasn't showing up under 'downloaded' or 'disabled', even though it has updated a couple of times. Had to search through 'All'. I disabled it, and it's no longer showing up under my apps in play store.

My original question, (which I haven't asked yet) still stands, how do I delete these foreign language apps that I have no use for, and eat up memory?

Anybody have any luck with CC Cleaner?
    03-15-16 01:31 PM
    Google Zhuyin Input, Playstore keeps wanting to update it, (and sometimes does). I can't figure out how to delete it.

OK, just now found the app in apps, I assumed it wasn't there cuz it wasn't showing up under 'downloaded' or 'disabled', even though it has updated a couple of times. Had to search through 'All'. I disabled it, and it's no longer showing up under my apps in play store.

My original question, (which I haven't asked yet) still stands, how do I delete these foreign language apps that I have no use for, and eat up memory?

I think you can mark it as disabled in App Info, no? Besides I don't have it under Running, so not sure if it's actually taking memory?

EDIT: Okay I misread. I don't think you can delete apps marked as system unless you root.
    03-15-16 01:36 PM

Thanks. I was hoping they could be uninstalled or disabled. Just did it.

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    03-15-16 01:41 PM
    CC Cleaner didn't work. Was aware system apps couldn't be removed, but am rather flabergasted that 3 different foreign language apps are system apps. If disabled, they don't use RAM, but together they occupy about 42MB of system memory.

Who decided what was going to be system app? Gmail, Hangouts, some finance app and UTube are apparently also "system apps", WTF?
    03-16-16 06:14 AM
    CC Cleaner didn't work. Was aware system apps couldn't be removed, but am rather flabergasted that 3 different foreign language apps are system apps. If disabled, they don't use RAM, but together they occupy about 42MB of system memory.

Who decided what was going to be system app? Gmail, Hangouts, some finance app and UTube are apparently also "system apps", WTF?
    To my knowledge, Google has a required minimum for preinstalled Google apps when OEMs are going to use Google Play Services. Those aren't allowed to be deleted by default, unless of course you root your phone. Hangouts, Youtube, Maps are just some examples.
    03-16-16 07:31 AM
    To my knowledge, Google has a required minimum for preinstalled Google apps when OEMs are going to use Google Play Services. Those aren't allowed to be deleted by default, unless of course you root your phone. Hangouts, Youtube, Maps are just some examples.
    The 3 keyboards aren't though. IMO BlackBerry should've just directed people to the Play store.
    03-16-16 07:39 AM
    ' insert appropriate cuss word here ' Google

And here I thought buying a factory unlocked would avoid most of the bloatware, Wrong.
    Rooting is beginning to sound like less of a bad idea.
    03-16-16 07:41 AM
    ' insert appropriate cuss word here ' Google

And here I thought buying a factory unlocked would avoid most of the bloatware, Wrong.
    Rooting is beginning to sound like less of a bad idea.
    It's not Google, but Blackberry, they decided these 3 are system: Turn on Chinese and Japanese input methods - Keyboard - 1.2.0

If anything I had to download a 4th one myself (Google Cantonese) as I don't use those 3.
    03-16-16 08:03 AM
    The keyboard input apps have a better claim to system status than the financial app, Gmail, UTube, Hangouts or whatever else is 'system' that I haven't tried to delete yet. It's utter bull doo doo.

Preload plenty of apps yes, but calling them system, and not allowing delete?
    Now we know why the Priv is stock with 32 gig internal, they had no choice.
    03-16-16 05:17 PM
    They are useful to me and I thank BlackBerry. If memory is a problem buy a 200gb SD card I have 100gb of music on my phone and plenty of room to grow. I don't understand the complaints just disable what you don't need and move on. Every phone has some bloat and the PRIV has bloat that is useful to me. And while I don't dig the Google I do understand 2016 and like Dj Neophyte said "adept or die"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-16-16 06:26 PM
    Gotta have something to complain about!
    I do have a 128GB SD, the 200 was horrendously expensive last year, and plenty of memory left.

But I'm sticking to my guns, if it's not a system app, it shouldn't be classified as such.We should be be free to delete it, or not.
    I like Google maps, and use it, but it shouldn't be a system app.

It's kinda like buying a pair of pants where somebody has put what they think you need in the pockets. And you are not allowed to remove any of it. You can add whatever you want, you can even buy extra pockets in case you want to have a lot of stuff.
    But whatever was in the pockets off the shelf, you have to tote around for as long as you own the pants.
    FF22, tazcubed and emrys01 like this.
    03-17-16 06:06 AM