Earlier this week, my plan was to walk into an AT&T store and pick up the Priv on Friday (today). So today is finally here and the reviews and comments are pretty scary. So I'm conflicted as of now. I'm going to hold off for the moment and let everything settle down before I make a final decision. I know I could go over to a store and "try out" the phone but real life experience can't be done inside the store.

My upgrade was due a couple years ago, so I've been sitting on it patiently.

When the Z30 can out, the reviews weren't all that favorably but I loved it.

Sooo ready to pull the trigger on the Priv.......

Posted via CB10
    Lacuna_a_x likes this.
    11-06-15 11:53 AM
    I would like to see a size comparison
    11-06-15 11:56 AM
    Feel better than my z30 one hand...so great device this priv

Posted via CB10
    theegoldenone likes this.
    11-06-15 12:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the input. I want to pull the trigger really bad.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:09 PM
    Try it out and if you don't like it, return it. Make your own decision instead of reading all the reviews(like on your Z30). Most carriers offer 14 day return.
    11-06-15 12:13 PM
    Believe in me, if you go in store, you'll buy it....unfortunately, my telus store only have the demonstration unit...hope he'll receive some this afyernoon...but not sure

Posted via CB10
    theegoldenone likes this.
    11-06-15 12:14 PM
    The Telus store I went into today had a number of Priv's there as well as a line up. There were about 7 people at the store when it opened looking to buy Priv's.

Don't know if that happened anywhere else today but...I'm sure SOMEONE will say "it's not an iPhone line up" but what do I care.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    pmccartney likes this.
    11-06-15 12:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Disagree. I definitely prefer my Z30 size wise. I also thought the Priv keyboard was very cramped when I played with it just now. My last keyboard device was the Q. This one feels like the Torch which I disliked.

Posted via CB10
    triplem23 likes this.
    11-06-15 12:35 PM
    Still getting mixed reviews.

Cramped keyboard? I honestly don't think I would use the keyboard a lot. Probably mainly for the track pad.

Camera? The camera on my Z30 was great for my purposes. If it's just as good, I'm fine with that.

Radio? That's a biggy. Hopefully future patches will help with that.

Battery? My Z30 was decent. Wouldn't last all day.

Will continue to watch other comments.....

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:11 PM
    Earlier this week, my plan was to walk into an AT&T store and pick up the Priv on Friday (today). So today is finally here and the reviews and comments are pretty scary. So I'm conflicted as of now. I'm going to hold off for the moment and let everything settle down before I make a final decision. I know I could go over to a store and "try out" the phone but real life experience can't be done inside the store.

My upgrade was due a couple years ago, so I've been sitting on it patiently.

When the Z30 can out, the reviews weren't all that favorably but I loved it.

Sooo ready to pull the trigger on the Priv.......

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, they all have me doubting my decision in pre ordering it... but i figured since i have 30 days to return it i might as well try it out for my self for 2 weeks
    11-06-15 10:21 PM
    Still getting mixed reviews.

Cramped keyboard? I honestly don't think I would use the keyboard a lot. Probably mainly for the track pad.

Camera? The camera on my Z30 was great for my purposes. If it's just as good, I'm fine with that.

Radio? That's a biggy. Hopefully future patches will help with that.

Battery? My Z30 was decent. Wouldn't last all day.

Will continue to watch other comments.....

Posted via CB10
    I had a Z30 before. The keyboard isn't as spacious as the Z30, I am still getting used to it, but I used to be able to fly my my 8900, and it's keyboard was tiny by comparison.

Camera is 2-3x better than the Z30. Quality is better, but it focuses so much faster.

Radio has been fine for me so far.

Battery... well it's an Android with a big screen and I have been playing all day, so can't call that yet. But I feel confident getting through the day will be easy.

Size is the same as Z30 with a bumper on, but it feels thinner, and much lighter. Screen feels much bigger, but phone doesn't, if that makes sense.
    11-06-15 10:44 PM
    I am also anxious to know whether emailing system will be same as Z30. If I get this confirmation from some users, I will go straight way order else, I will wait for some time and observe.
    11-07-15 01:25 AM