Hi
    Since a hard reset because of a hot phone and bad battery life, just tracking now battery.

I have a SOT of 3h 12m and 36% of battery

One pushmal account active and bad signal in my home.

Not sure if my phone is faulty or good.

Your SOT 's ?
    12-11-15 12:15 PM
    Hi
    Since a hard reset because of a hot phone and bad battery life, just tracking now battery.

I have a SOT of 3h 12m and 36% of battery

One pushmal account active and bad signal in my home.

Not sure if my phone is faulty or good.

Your SOT 's ?
    Mine used to be like yours. Now it's closer to 3hrs 30mins at 50%.
    12-11-15 01:18 PM
    Took mine off charge this morning at about 745am, it's now 310pm and I have SOT of 51m and 82% battery left.

I do not use the hub, nor do I use any other blackberry apps. I have the hub entirely disabled, and several other apps I have no use for disabled as well.

Edit: oh, I also don't use the ambient notifications, either, since it has a notification LED, why bother with turning the screen on?
    12-11-15 02:10 PM
    I get about 3-4 hours of screen on time with 3 emails. 2 push and 1 syncing.

I'm not sure if this is normal or if it should be better with such a big battery.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-11-15 03:53 PM
    I get about 3-4 hours of screen on time with 3 emails. 2 push and 1 syncing.

I'm not sure if this is normal or if it should be better with such a big battery.

To be honest, that sounds pretty bad. I have six accounts, all set to push and 30 min syncing. I also have location services set to High Accuracy. I average 4-7 hours SOT, usually dependent on screen brightness (15-40%).

12-11-15 04:30 PM
    Just to point out, in case people are confusing it, but SOT refers to the amount of time that the screen was on since the last time you disconnected the device from charging. So, you want that value to correspond to the amount of time you actually have the screen on. When it's excessively large, that means something is waking your device. As for the amount of battery life you get from having the screen on, the screen is the most power hungry part of the phone, so unless you keep the brightness to minimum, your likely best battery life for SOT is gonna likely be somewhere around 50% of the advertised talk time, which is supposed to be 24hrs... so expect the best likely ideal amount of SOT on a full charge to be 12hrs, though I'd put my wager to be closer to the 8 hour mark max.
    12-11-15 04:38 PM
    Sometimes, it's not just the screen that will drain power. Rogue background apps are also culprits.

Attached is a screenshot of my battery usage today.
    Your SOT and Config-screenshot_2015-12-11-16-36-31.jpg

It was a slow day for me and as you can see, I had wifi the whole time. Normally, before I had battery drain issues, I end the day with around 25% charge left. So don't be shocked by the low usage. The thing to note is that the "Awake" graph almost corresponds to the "Screen On" graph. The times when the Priv was awake but screen is off correspond to background processes - stuff that sync like mail, sms, bbm, etc. - that run even when I have the Priv locked.

A few days ago, my Priv activated battery saver mode, which I set to 15%, at around lunchtime. My usage graph was different then. Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot at the time. What it looked like then is the "Awake" time was similar to Wifi, a solid green for the day. That occured after I started using the Kobo app. Problem is I wasn't even reading an ebook at all. I found out later that Kobo has a background process that stays active even after you stop using the app. And said background process is keeping the Priv awake.

Now I use Greenify to "hibernate" Kobo's background process. Greenify has a hibernate+lock feature/shortcut that you can use to replace the Google swipe up shortcut.

Hope that helps somebody.
    12-11-15 07:14 PM
    Best I can do on a typical work week. Daytime I'm on my desktop so I process all my emails on my desktop. At night my usage goes up. Wifi is on where I can get access (work and home), otherwise I'm on HSPA (I turn off LTE on all my phones). Wifi goes off when I go to sleep. The only google Apps syncing are contacts, chrome, and weather. Gmail is set to sync hourly in the hub.

To reduce double (or triple notifications) from FB and LI, I turn off App notifications and rely on their email notifications instead. Screen is set to 15%.

I've got two email accounts, FB, WA, LI running.

Weekend usage is much heavier. I'll post up screenshots when I get a chance.

Attached Thumbnails Your SOT and Config-screenshot_2015-11-27-00-56-25.jpg  
    12-11-15 08:20 PM
    Oh yeah, my total usage...

Attached Thumbnails Your SOT and Config-screenshot_2015-11-27-00-55-59.jpg  
    12-11-15 08:22 PM