Here we go again...

Article from the International Business Times states your smartphone is at risk of spying attacks if it's running Android 4.4 KitKat or above. Linux vulnerability that allows attackers to spy on unencrypted traffic also affects Android devices. I am not worried because BB phones are encrypted.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/your-smartp...4-kitkat-above.
    08-17-16 06:16 AM
    I am not worried because BB phones are encrypted.
    This is referring to internet traffic, BBphones are no more secure than any other in this instance.
    Here's a link that works, the above is broke.
    80% of Android users vulnerable to spying attacks through Linux TCP flaw
    08-17-16 06:38 AM
    This is referring to internet traffic, BBphones are no more secure than any other in this instance.
    Here's a link that works, the above is broke.
    80% of Android users vulnerable to spying attacks through Linux TCP flaw
    Thanks for the information. From article: " In order to patch the vulnerability, Android devices need to have their Linux kernel updated. However, Lookout claims that the kernel is yet to be patched in the latest developer preview of Android 7.0 Nougat." This is not good if the Android 7.0 Nougat OS is not patched for this.
    08-17-16 07:03 AM
    IMHO, it's not really a vulnerability, it's not like it can be used to get into your phone. Or get anything if you are on an secure site.
    If you are on your banks site, or using banking app, it's encrypted.
    If you go to Amazon, and don't sign sign in, it's not encrypted, the bads guys could see what you are looking at. As soon as you sign in to buy something, it's encrypted.
    If you put private info out on an unencrypted site, it's your bad.
    Uzi and artemis-kun like this.
    08-17-16 07:22 AM
    IMHO, it's not really a vulnerability, it's not like it can be used to get into your phone. Or get anything if you are on an secure site.
    If you are on your banks site, or using banking app, it's encrypted.
    If you go to Amazon, and don't sign sign in, it's not encrypted, the bads guys could see what you are looking at. As soon as you sign in to buy something, it's encrypted.
    If you put private info out on an unencrypted site, it's your bad.
    More and more sites are going encrypted now. I don't know about the Amazon app, but at least if I go to the website, without signing in, it's over SSL by default.
    08-17-16 09:44 AM
    I use Norton Security on my 5 custom build PC's and use their mobile device on my Passport and Z10.... I tend to like to fly under the radar, so to speak and Norton keeps things running smoothly.
    Ya know, with the daily bickering that goes on here over such important matters as the color and name of devices, I'm not surprised that something as useless as security would be ignored.
    Android has had several large attacks in past years!!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-18-16 01:17 AM
    When it's all said and done, Android IS Google, it will never be any more secure than Google wants it to be, no matter what we do.
    The flip side is that, with just a little effort on our part, nobody except Google can spy on us.
    Which is why my plans for world domination will never be on a cell phone.
    Are you listening Google? It's a big world, we can share it.
    08-18-16 06:02 AM