Hey everyone.
    I just got my new Priv and thought I'd create a thread for people to ask for advice with things if they need it. There are people that have experience with Android so it would be nice to hear from them if anyone has any Android base queries they can't figure out.

I just got my Priv and I'm not happy with the build quality. It's all a little creeky and the back plate feels flimsy and thin and pushes in like there's a gap in there.

I also am noticing the keypad is not keeping up with my typing and is missing letters out constantly. I've done all updates and rebooted now. It's now on charge. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, does anyone know how to get emails in the hub to size themselves automatically and for all images to automatically download too?

Thanks and enjoy your devices!
    utsav01 likes this.
    11-09-15 10:03 AM
    Hey everyone.
    I just got my new Priv and thought I'd create a thread for people to ask for advice with things if they need it. There are people that have experience with Android so it would be nice to hear from them if anyone has any Android base queries they can't figure out.

I just got my Priv and I'm not happy with the build quality. It's all a little creeky and the back plate feels flimsy and thin and pushes in like there's a gap in there.

I also am noticing the keypad is not keeping up with my typing and is missing letters out constantly. I've done all updates and rebooted now. It's now on charge. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, does anyone know how to get emails in the hub to size themselves automatically and for all images to automatically download too?

Setting in the Hub

Settings - General Settings - Scroll down to "Download Images Automatically" and turn on
    Aneres11 likes this.
    11-09-15 10:05 AM
    Setting in the Hub

Settings - General Settings - Scroll down to "Download Images Automatically" and turn on
    May not be a good idea while roaming, there should be settings there also 'while roaming' , I hope?
    11-09-15 10:53 AM
    Anyone else having a problem with the physically keypad not keeping up with words being typed?
    11-09-15 11:03 AM
    Anyone else having a problem with the physically keypad not keeping up with words being typed?
    I read that someone had keys not recognizing a double tap.. and had some sort of clicking with the device.. he exchanged it and all the problems were fixed

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 11:13 AM
    I read that someone had keys not recognizing a double tap.. and had some sort of clicking with the device.. he exchanged it and all the problems were fixed

Posted via CB10
    These are basically the problems that I'm having with the device. It seems when I type quickly the phone isn't registering the presses or it is missing them out. It's keeping up ok by looks of it there's no slowdown but it definitely is not registering all presses. And it's majorly annoying.

My unit also creeks and clicks terribly. As soon as you pick it up it feels creaky and it's noisy. Returning it I reckon.
    11-09-15 11:16 AM
    Yes, I'm having that same issue with the physical keyboard.
    11-09-15 11:22 AM
    I am certainly not experiencing that issue.
    11-09-15 11:25 AM
    One issue. I don't have one. XD help me pls? A kickstarter maybe?...

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 11:58 AM
    May not be a good idea while roaming, there should be settings there also 'while roaming' , I hope?
    There is a setting you can toggle on / off to "Download complete messages while roaming"
    11-09-15 12:10 PM
    Yes, I'm having that same issue with the physical keyboard.
    Massively imfuriating. I type quite quickly but not mega fast yet as only had it for a few hours and it doesn't keep up with my words. The keypad feels mushy too.
    I have another device arriving tomorrow so waiting to see if that one is the same.

I know a guy in here has the same problem and returned his device (other issues were faced too) and his replacement was perfect. So could be a problem with certain devices?
    11-09-15 12:56 PM
    An issues thread? *Prepares popcorn*

Posted via CB10 on the Blackberry Q5.
    11-09-15 12:57 PM
    Hey everyone.

Sorry to hear your device has physical issues (the software side can be tweaked with newer updates, the sooner the better).
    Please, keep us posted how the second unit compares to this one, and enjoy your new BlackBerry.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    11-09-15 03:06 PM
    A general issues thread might not be a good idea. It's going to get very messy with people replying to many different issues and such. I'd keep it to an individual issue per thread; that way it's more easily tracked and much easier for folks to read through.
    11-09-15 03:17 PM
    definitely get it exchanged
    Aneres11 likes this.
    11-09-15 03:43 PM
    Sorry to hear your device has physical issues (the software side can be tweaked with newer updates, the sooner the better).
    Please, keep us posted how the second unit compares to this one, and enjoy your new BlackBerry.
    Thank you! I have another Priv arriving tomorrow so going to check that one out.
    Of its the same I'm gonna give up for a bit an maybe buy again in a couple of months when some more updates have been pushed through etc.

Fingers crossed this one fares better!
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    11-09-15 03:46 PM
    So one problem I'm having with my priv right now is only directed to the Google hangouts app. The physical keyboard seems to be working great and is very responsive so far but whenever I try to type on the physical keyboard from hangouts the features to double tap on the keyboard to move through a text field doesn't work and also using the alt button for alternate text doesn't work. For all other uses of the physical keyboard in any other app everything seems to work fine but something with hangouts is messing with my keyboard. Has anyone experienced this?
    11-16-15 12:40 AM