Hi. I am still trying to find ways to extend battery life. Someone mentioned using Swipe. I can read the reviews there but I want reviews from the Priv Crackberry group. I am not a constant Facebook user. But I am still seeing only 9-10 hrs until I have to charge. Seems slick that Swipe has messaging and Facebook in one. So, what are your thoughts: a better solution than the stock Facebook or not?
    12-24-16 04:58 AM
    If you can live without Messenger, go to the Facebook touch enabled mobile site and allow notifications in Chrome. You will get push notifications, but there is no longer any way to send messages from the mobile site.

If FB is the main hog you could always use the mobile site for FB and also install Messenger as they will function independently of each other.
    12-24-16 11:36 AM
    I was using Swipe for a few weeks recently, as the Facebook and Messenger apps were eating a lot of battery power, but the recent updates to both apps seems to have corrected this. I am now using the stock apps again, however I do not have them linked to the hub anymore, and battery usage is nominal.
    FF22, JG_Agustin and hbelkin like this.
    12-24-16 12:30 PM
    Sounds good. I may install them again. Early November updates to both apps caused large drain on my current DTEK60 but not on am S7.

I may give them a try again, although a little social media detox wasn't a bad thing... haha.
    12-24-16 01:49 PM
    I was using Swipe for a few weeks recently, as the Facebook and Messenger apps were eating a lot of battery power, but the recent updates to both apps seems to have corrected this. I am now using the stock apps again, however I do not have them linked to the hub anymore, and battery usage is nominal.
    I'm in the same boat. I used Swipe for a while but changed its icon using "Awesome Icons", as in all honesty, it's quite awful. It's a very good Web wrapper, probably the best one I've tried and even would be great for BB10, but unfortunately it's only available for Kit Kat and up.

Battery wise however, after the recent updates to the official Facebook and Messenger apps, I haven't noticed any drainage anymore. I'm easily getting a day's use and still have some juice when it's time to charge around midnight (30-40%). In the case of Swipe, I wasn't saving so much, maybe another 5% or so and this was back when the official apps where acting funky.

Currently, my only reason not to use such official apps would rather have to do with storage reasons. If you're an occasional Facebook user and don't need things like "live streaming" or Messenger calls, Swipe could well be a good option.

 Passport /  PRIV
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    12-24-16 02:34 PM
    Thanks everyone.
    12-24-16 07:29 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that Facebook app does not use the pkb shortcuts lile "t" and "b" to navigate? Sees odd but got used to those on BB10.
    12-27-16 12:28 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that Facebook app does not use the pkb shortcuts lile "t" and "b" to navigate? Sees odd but got used to those on BB10.
    That's because the BlackBerry 10 version was written by BlackBerry.
    12-27-16 08:42 AM
    Hi. I am still trying to find ways to extend battery life. Someone mentioned using Swipe. I can read the reviews there but I want reviews from the Priv Crackberry group. I am not a constant Facebook user. But I am still seeing only 9-10 hrs until I have to charge. Seems slick that Swipe has messaging and Facebook in one. So, what are your thoughts: a better solution than the stock Facebook or not?
    I'm all for Swipe, it's a good app which pretty much gives you all the functionality you would need/want. I've heard of alternatives like metal, but when I compare swipe and Facebook, they're pretty comparable so I never had the inclination to try another app because swipe simply worked so well.
    12-27-16 08:45 AM
    I'm all for Swipe, it's a good app which pretty much gives you all the functionality you would need/want. I've heard of alternatives like metal, but when I compare swipe and Facebook, they're pretty comparable so I never had the inclination to try another app because swipe simply worked so well.
    12-27-16 08:45 AM
    I'm trying out Swipe once again. Although the official Facebook and Messenger apps are working well, I just hate how they start to grow after each use and take up more and more storage space.

I'd suggest using "Awesome Icons" to create a much nicer icon for Swipe. As you can see in the attached screenshot it looks like the official app. I'm also attaching the icon I used.

Swipe also integrates nicely with Messenger in case you wish to retain it. Hub integration would be a plus, but I can live without it. And for some BB10 nostalgia, it's full of swiping gestures!
    Attached Thumbnails your experience -  Facebook vs Swipe for Facebook-f_icon.svg.jpg  
    01-02-17 01:21 AM
    I'm trying out Swipe once again. Although the official Facebook and Messenger apps are working well, I just hate how they start to grow after each use and take up more and more storage space.

I'd suggest using "Awesome Icons" to create a much nicer icon for Swipe. As you can see in the attached screenshot it looks like the official app. I'm also attaching the icon I used.

Swipe also integrates nicely with Messenger in case you wish to retain it. Hub integration would be a plus, but I can live without it. And for some BB10 nostalgia, it's full of swiping gestures!
    Screenshot didn't attach for some reason, here it is.
    Attached Thumbnails your experience -  Facebook vs Swipe for Facebook-screenshot_20170102-012335.jpg  
    01-02-17 01:24 AM