View Poll Results: ARE YOU STILL USING YOUR PRIV OR DID YOU MOVE ON?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • STILL USING THE BB PRIV

59 89.39%
  • SWITCH TO ANOTHER BB DEVICE

3 4.55%
  • SWITCH TO A NON-BB DEVICE

4 6.06%
    Still using it successfully because I use it within the envelope it likes to be used in. Such a cool phone!
    Rico4you likes this.
    09-13-19 03:09 AM
    I am still using it. since i removed all google apps it still works perfect
    09-13-19 03:35 AM
    I am still using it. since i removed all google apps it still works perfect
    I use it daily with Google apps and IG via browser not app. My PRIV works perfectly and last security update October 2017. No issues.
    riccorich likes this.
    09-13-19 06:11 PM
    The Priv is still my only phone.
    Original screen and battery in place and (touch wood!) still working fine.
    I bought a Classic just in case anything happened to the Priv, but the Classic is still in its box.
    I love the Priv.
    Rico4you and Exedorable like this.
    09-19-19 05:46 AM
    I'm still using mine but seriously considering a switch to a Pixel 3 or Galaxy S10 as my priv heats up quite a bit and the battery does drain faster than before

too bad BlackBerry doesn't have a flagship coming up
    IwantPriv2 likes this.
    09-20-19 10:22 PM
    still my only phone.

dreaming of a priv2
    Tim Heard likes this.
    09-21-19 08:58 AM
    I thought I was the only one who's priv was constantly overheating, draining battery etc.. This is a sad day!!!
    I too am considering switching to a S10+
    09-25-19 01:17 PM
    The overheating is a characteristic of the phone. The worsening battery drain is simply indicative of needed battery replacement.
    09-25-19 06:10 PM
    I thought I was the only one who's priv was constantly overheating, draining battery etc.. This is a sad day!!!
    I too am considering switching to a S10+
    Are you clearing cache? My PRIV used daily Oct 2019 and had it 3 years does no overheat.
    Also make sure location is disabled and only use when needed. I also removed Instagram / Facebook and only use them via browser.

good luck.
    09-27-19 05:50 PM
    The PRIV is my current phone. It's really awsome. I have the AAW068. I had tried samsung between 2015 and 2018, but this one is rally great. I love the physical keyboard and the concept.
    09-28-19 06:14 PM
    The overheating is a characteristic of the phone. The worsening battery drain is simply indicative of needed battery replacement.
    Honestly, with october 2017 build's, I remarked more draining and bugs. But with the 2018's update, it's clearly better. The battery is more efficient as well the launcher and background tasks( without Facebook and useless apps)
    09-28-19 06:34 PM
    Honestly, with october 2017 build's, I remarked more draining and bugs. But with the 2018's update, it's clearly better. The battery is more efficient as well the launcher and background tasks( without Facebook and useless apps)
    The basic problem was and is simply if someone is attempting to utilize it’s Android capabilities as intended. The improvements with battery life and battery drain from PRIV to DTEK to KEY series is amazing. That’s biggest part of the learning curve.

BBAndroid operates differently with hub while the app ecosystem runs differently than BB10 does. BB was going through it’s learning curve 2015-2018 that Android OEMs experienced 2008-2015 from the fragmented development.

The compensating for the PRIV with shutting various features off will help with overheating but it defeats the whole purpose of using many of the modern apps since it limits capabilities. The battery degradation is just that from having to be charged repeatedly with additional factor now of age. The device hasn’t been actually produced since mid-year 2016 at latest.
    09-29-19 06:43 AM
    I thought there were a couple moments when I was close to having to Start my search for a new phone, but thankfully the priv pulled through and is working just fine.
    Rico4you and Kat580 like this.
    11-10-19 05:05 PM
    I thought there were a couple moments when I was close to having to Start my search for a new phone, but thankfully the priv pulled through and is working just fine.
    +3 years with my PRIV and going like a champ . Had falls and nothing. The last BlackBerry device and built in Mexico.
    11-11-19 07:03 AM
    +3 years with my PRIV and going like a champ . Had falls and nothing. The last BlackBerry device and built in Mexico.
    I'd change the battery by now lol
    11-11-19 10:16 AM
    I'd change the battery by now lol
    No issue that needed to change battery. I regularly charge to 90% and do not let drop btw 10%.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-11-19 10:29 AM
    No issue that needed to change battery. I regularly charge to 90% and do not let drop btw 10%.
    That's good practice.

Do you have AccuBattery installed?

After a few charge cycles, it should give an estimate of the actual capacity as opposed to the design capacity (in this case 3410mAh).

If you used it hard for about three years, my guess is you're at about 2900 or so mAh.

But obviously you're using it as a secondary device so no big deal really
    11-11-19 10:44 AM
    Three years in January next year and I am still happy with it

Posted via CB10
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-11-19 10:50 AM
    That's good practice.

Do you have AccuBattery installed?

After a few charge cycles, it should give an estimate of the actual capacity as opposed to the design capacity (in this case 3410mAh).

If you used it hard for about three years, my guess is you're at about 2900 or so mAh.

But obviously you're using it as a secondary device so no big deal really
    Those Battery apps are Battery drainers themselves. Not sure how reliable they are. Nonetheless I use my PRIV everyday as for work reading reports excel / dashboards and on PRIV can be done effectively with great screen. While on KEY 2 things just get way reduced.
    TLSTWIN, the_boon and Jake2826 like this.
    11-11-19 10:54 AM
    I'd settle for a Priv 1 with any other CPU than the 808 lol.

Shouldn't cost much to manufacture...
    ^^^ This!!!

Another 3 GBs of RAM, a better processor (I'd be fine with the 660) and Android P and I would happily pay a cool grand for a PRIV 2!
    11-11-19 12:03 PM
    ^^^ This!!!

Another 3 GBs of RAM, a better processor (I'd be fine with the 660) and Android P and I would happily pay a cool grand for a PRIV 2!
    100%

This is the easiest cash grab BBMo could come up with, and it would still be worth it for both them and us consumers...

...IF, they can produce one batch or so for very little cost to them.

I don't know how much it would cost for them to request BBL to provide them the same exact blueprints / tooling that Foxconn used for the Priv.
    All they have to do is copy the damn thing and slap the KEY2's processor and RAM into it.
    However, using Android Pie would undeniably mean BBL actively develop it, which they won't do for a couple thousands (maybe tens of thousands?) Priv 2's.
    So... Oreo it will be.

Hell, I'd even buy it if it was an LCD screen, but would obviously much prefer the Priv 1's OLED.
    And if they're really the same dimensions and all, I guess you could salvage a Priv 1's OLED and slap it on the Priv 2 lol
    11-11-19 12:25 PM
    seriously. I don't need a revised design. Just like they have done with the "KEY" same housing, different/better internals
    the_boon likes this.
    11-11-19 03:58 PM
    Still got my Priv from 2016. Can't bear to move away form a physical keyboard - a pity Blackberry didn't do more Android handsets. Priv II please!
    12-02-19 05:30 AM
    Yes, I am still using it although I actually prefer to see my Passport in my hand, but BB 10 really couldn't installed well apps. Hopefully, my Priv will go on running well in the coming year, 2020! Cross my fingers!
    the_boon likes this.
    12-22-19 02:03 AM
    I've just got a new condition priv yesterday and enjoying it so far. Got it mostly set up but taking time with which apps to install. Loving the pkb on this.
    12-24-19 10:23 AM
206 ... 56789