View Poll Results: ARE YOU STILL USING YOUR PRIV OR DID YOU MOVE ON?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • STILL USING THE BB PRIV

59 89.39%
  • SWITCH TO ANOTHER BB DEVICE

3 4.55%
  • SWITCH TO A NON-BB DEVICE

4 6.06%
    I thought the same until I used it but it's memory, speed, quality, etc beats the KEYone hands down.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    Not to mention a MUCH less clunky design and without that atrocious silver forehead with the earpiece holes
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-01-19 06:45 PM
    Seriously?

You don't touch your phone too much lmao
    That's what I thought too! I never got 3 days from. Any phone let alone my priv!
    01-01-19 07:19 PM
    Miss my priv
    02-02-19 07:42 AM
    If they came out with a PRIV 2, I would buy it in a second.
    02-03-19 10:42 AM
    Love it, it's different. I really enjoy it when my mates all pull out their S9's and giggle at my Blackberry logo.
    Rico4you likes this.
    02-04-19 04:50 AM
    What issues have you heard about the Key2? I had gotten my Priv going again, but it just died and I think this time, it's for good.
    08-04-19 09:08 AM
    What issues have you heard about the Key2? I had gotten my Priv going again, but it just died and I think this time, it's for good.
    Did the autoloader not work?
    08-04-19 09:19 AM
    Haven't tackled that yet. I have to have 2 factor authentication to log into my PC at work so I just got my old Passport working again.
    Wanted to get that done before trying to fix the Priv. Was still hoping that one of the reboot attempts might miraculously work.
    Now that I have a working phone, I guess it's time to tackle reinstalling the OS on the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-19 11:57 AM
    If they came out with a PRIV 2, I would buy it in a second.
    If they released a Priv2, I'd like to see a larger screen and a wider keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Stars Fan and neoberry99 like this.
    08-04-19 11:59 AM
    If they released a Priv2, I'd like to see a larger screen and a wider keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I'd settle for a Priv 1 with any other CPU than the 808 lol.

Shouldn't cost much to manufacture...
    08-04-19 07:45 PM
    Yeah if there was a way to put say a set of KEYone internals into a priv, I'd pay 699 all over again for that operation lol
    Tim Heard likes this.
    08-06-19 03:05 PM
    Yeah if there was a way to put say a set of KEYone internals into a priv, I'd pay 699 all over again for that operation lol
    Affirmative.

But if it's possible to do it with the KEYone's 625,

Then why not do it with the KEY2's 660?
    TLSTWIN likes this.
    08-06-19 07:41 PM
    Oh yeah for sure, I was just thinking since I own them both (priv + KEYᵒⁿᵉ) I'd sacrifice one for the other w/ out buying a new device
    08-06-19 07:47 PM
    I really would love a newer "priv". I am still using mine daily, but experience web browser crashes more and more. And watching videos on the new vette and social media with it cause it to heat up and drain the battery. Wireless charging is spotty as best and gps is almost useless unless it has direct view of the sky
    Exedorable likes this.
    08-06-19 09:01 PM
    Yeah I almost never get thru a full day w/ out using my priv at least for a bit. On the one hand I'm secretly hoping for a follow up, but then again if this really was the last true BlackBerry handset then I'm very pleased w/ the hardware (even tho I strongly suspect the KEYᵒⁿᵉ was produced from full BlackBerry blueprints and just assembled by TCL) hard to blame them for Qualcomm drawbacks.
    08-06-19 10:29 PM
    hard to blame them for Qualcomm drawbacks.
    Well then you can blame them for not updating this $699 flagship to Android Nougat, which would have definitely breathed new life into this tempered 808.
    08-07-19 08:19 AM
    I have a QI Power brick since the microUSB is dead... I put in an EU destination SIM so I don't need to fumble on the setback tray and after its my back-up...

Also a pleasant excuse to pull out my priv and enjoy...
    08-09-19 05:44 PM
    Holding on to my PRIV as long as I can. Had a new screen put in because of the lines, hopefully I wont cause them again. Replaced the Battery. Using the Blackberry Key 2 for business.
    Rico4you and Sigewif like this.
    08-12-19 10:46 AM
    i just bring my priv from storage and turn it on, after update some of apps from google i will use it for a while
    Rico4you likes this.
    08-12-19 04:08 PM
    Still using my priv, even when it is getting pretty annoying already from software and have a lot of performance issues. Waiting for the F(x)tec Pro 1 to relase. Trying to never get into a non-pkb-smartphone.
    08-12-19 05:49 PM
    Trying to never get into a non-pkb-smartphone.
    The struggle is real...
    Sigewif likes this.
    08-12-19 09:30 PM
    Still using my priv, even when it is getting pretty annoying already from software and have a lot of performance issues. Waiting for the F(x)tec Pro 1 to relase. Trying to never get into a non-pkb-smartphone.
    Wow! Had never heard of this one!
    I'm not a fan of the landscape orientation, but I still hope the phone is very successful.
    08-13-19 04:11 AM
    Totally--the Priv was my dream phone. The form factor is the best! And KEY2 internals would be even better. I would pay more for the more powerful specs. Except for the camera. It needs to be better than KEYone or KEY2 cameras. The camera was great on the Priv for its day.
    Even with its flaws it is still high on my list. Mine is semi retired but still in use.
    PS: I would love a dual SIM.
    Exedorable likes this.
    08-14-19 11:51 PM
    I'm still using my Priv and it's doing just fine. it gets warm from time to time but I've been able to manage it. Living in Arizona doesn't help

I looked at the Key2 and it's nice. Just can't justify spending the money when the PRIV is still going strong.
    Sigewif, bqik and TLSTWIN like this.
    08-16-19 04:23 PM
    I am still using my priv as a daily driver. Cleaning the Cache from time to time really helps regarding perfomance. But if i am back from work i Stil switch back to my passport even if i already own a keyone

Posted via CB10
    09-07-19 09:45 AM
206 ... 45678 ...