View Poll Results: ARE YOU STILL USING YOUR PRIV OR DID YOU MOVE ON?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • STILL USING THE BB PRIV

59 89.39%
  • SWITCH TO ANOTHER BB DEVICE

3 4.55%
  • SWITCH TO A NON-BB DEVICE

4 6.06%
    Once you're accustomed to the best of both worlds
    You mean the worst of both worlds, but both worlds nonetheless.
    12-03-18 10:56 AM
    Yup. Still on my priv. I don't think I can go back to just glass. And I don't really like the keyone design and loss of screen. But if I have to upgrade I'm gonna end up with a keyone model simple cause I still need a keyboard.
    I come here these days just to see if any new model will be coming out that's similar to a priv.
    12-03-18 01:59 PM
    Yup. Still on my priv. I don't think I can go back to just glass. And I don't really like the keyone design and loss of screen. But if I have to upgrade I'm gonna end up with a keyone model simple cause I still need a keyboard.
    I come here these days just to see if any new model will be coming out that's similar to a priv.
    Nothing for now, but if you wanna go for a KEY device, you can skip the KEYone at this point and jump straight to KEY2/LE
    12-03-18 02:14 PM
    Nothing for now, but if you wanna go for a KEY device, you can skip the KEYone at this point and jump straight to KEY2/LE
    The thing is I can't justify spending that kind of money on something I don't really like or want. I figure by sometime next year I'll be looking. If the prices drop to 300 I'll go in that direction. If not than I could get a black edition for 300 or less. Than hopefully something cool comes out in the next few years. To spend 500 or more on something that I don't want doesn't equate.
    Gerard62100 and newcollector like this.
    12-03-18 02:27 PM
    Yes, it's my daily driver
    12-04-18 05:07 PM
    Have been using PRIV for exactly two years now. Have had battery and charging issues largely compensated for by docking on wireless charger when not in use. Almost always run out of power at end of day if not charged some time in middle of the day.
    I have a weird little issue that prevents me from putting in battery saving mode.... it always thinks that it is charging.. I don't know if something is stuck in charging port or what. Another weird thing is that if I plug it into charging port, I have to restart/turn off device for it to start charging. charges well and fast then. Despite these problems, I love my PRIV and still get comments on what a cool device it is. It has been amazingly durable. Has been dropped numerous times and no cracks or significant scratches. Sadly considering iPhone for next device as Verizon really gives me no other alternative...
    12-11-18 04:21 AM
    Sadly considering iPhone for next device as Verizon really gives me no other alternative...
    KEY2 LE
    12-11-18 05:48 AM
    using Key 1, planning to buy K2. love every model I had, bold, passport, priv, k1... I think will only use blackberry phones...
    Rico4you likes this.
    12-12-18 04:44 PM
    I will be seriously screwed up when my Priv dies!!
    12-12-18 08:48 PM
    I will be seriously screwed up when my Priv dies!!
    I'd you MUST have a slider and only a slider then yeah, for now it looks like it I'm afraid
    12-12-18 10:01 PM
    Yes . My first AT&T priv with all of the AT&T apps wasn't that great. It lasted about 2 years before I bought an unlocked one from blackberry. It was a much better phone. The only issue I have is overheating if I play games for over 3 hours.
    12-13-18 02:24 PM
    I'm using a preowned Priv for a month now. Loving it. The p.o. took excellent care of it. The battery life is excellent so far, knock on wood. I wish u could put Android Pie on it. I'll use this phone as long as i am able. Anyone in the Atlanta area using one? I'm available to meet for coffee and discuss keyboard phones. I'm an ex-webOS geek. We used to meet but that clan has gone extinct.

Merry Christmas btw!
    Rico4you likes this.
    12-25-18 01:54 PM
    I am still using DESPITE the overheating , inadequate battery time, broken charging port which I caused I guess and a super ridiculous native BB contact app that asks me to "Wait" or "close it", all the time. I still LOVE this phone , but wonder why. oh yes, screen size and PKB and the glass protects the keyboard but YIKES give me a track pad BUTTON for goodness sake. stop the suffering.. My BlackBerry contact app won't allow editing for 2 days now ! venting over
    12-27-18 10:10 AM
    I get 3 days battery with care out of my stv4
    I notice no terrible lag.
    Google maps work fine
    phone never seems to overheat
    however it appears to be a very late build
    it runs far better than my former stv3
    is there evidence that BlackBerry got over many of priv troubles at the end of production.
    Rico4you likes this.
    12-29-18 12:17 AM
    I get 3 days battery with care out of my stv4
    I notice no terrible lag.
    Google maps work fine
    phone never seems to overheat
    however it appears to be a very late build
    it runs far better than my former stv3
    is there evidence that BlackBerry got over many of priv troubles at the end of production.
    Likewise on a STV4 and going just fine. I clear cache regularly and kill apps in background when too many open. Running BETA suite apps works great. Love the screen and slider form factor.
    12-29-18 02:46 AM
    thanks that is more or less exactly what I do.
    this brings me to wonder if what we really have is a prototype stv 5
    12-29-18 03:10 AM
    Well my PRIV STV100-4 died at 2 years old. And having moved from Bold to it, I had discovered that I hadn't used the PKB much ; so good is the VKB and the word suggestions and predictions. In fact I prefer the BlackBerry VKB to my laptop PKB.
    Wanted a new phone that would be properly supported, so another PRIV out as well as most other BlackBerry phones and after a 5.5"+ screen.
    Mobile insurance coughed up over £200 and as PRIV was a 2016 BF special, it had only cost me around £50 for 2 years.
    I have an iPhone SE for a skiing app, so used it for a couple of weeks as my phone. Although some quite good features and apps, the keyboard and word suggestions and predictions are all truly awful. After typing Merry Christmas several times, its little AI brain didn't cotton on that the most likely word after Merry would be Christmas, offered 3 rubbish words every time. And no comma on the qwerty screen - so dumb. And no Hub or even equivalent.
    So got a Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 4Gb 64Gb and just updated to Pie. 2/3 years of support. With BlackBerry Apps, just brilliant.
    And I join the queue for a large screen BlackBerry - was that a few pigs flying overhead??
    12-29-18 12:03 PM
    I get 3 days battery with care out of my stv4.
    Seriously?

You don't touch your phone too much lmao
    12-29-18 06:58 PM
    I put greenify on there and disabled BlackBerry apps/other bloatware. Seems to help considerably. With Android, you just gotta tweak.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-18 07:28 PM
    ref boon re battery life.
    I do not do any social media, use a paid version of an app killer. that's about it . never reset etc . when not in use battery actually gains very slightly .the stv3 I had for 18 months before it passed away lasted half a day if I was lucky and discharged at all times.
    12-30-18 01:33 AM
    further to last .my passport which I keep sadly now just as an emergency phone was no better if as good .I do try to plug in for Google maps if relevant. I have no other clue to offer .
    12-30-18 01:42 AM
    What I like about my Priv is that I can change between PKB and VKB with a flick of my thumb. I have one or two niggles with it, but nothing so big to warrant changing.

I expect my next phone to be BlackBerry, but specifically I can't say as it will depend on price and life of existing device.

If I was to change now, I'd go for KeyOne, as I can get one on Amazon UK for less than a new Priv, Key2 LE maybe.
    Rico4you and PRIVuser2018 like this.
    01-01-19 06:52 AM
    What I like about my Priv is that I can change between PKB and VKB with a flick of my thumb. I have one or two niggles with it, but nothing so big to warrant changing.

I expect my next phone to be BlackBerry, but specifically I can't say as it will depend on price and life of existing device.

If I was to change now, I'd go for KeyOne, as I can get one on Amazon UK for less than a new Priv, Key2 LE maybe.
    KEY2LE is a great upgrade over KEYone at a good price.
    01-01-19 08:54 AM
    KEY2LE is a great upgrade over KEYone at a good price.
    Except that it lacks a capacitive keyboard. I for one can't justify giving up ⅓ of the screen to a keyboard that can't even be used for scrolling.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-01-19 10:28 AM
    Except that it lacks a capacitive keyboard. I for one can't justify giving up ⅓ of the screen to a keyboard that can't even be used for scrolling.
    I thought the same until I used it but it's memory, speed, quality, etc beats the KEYone hands down.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-01-19 11:23 AM
206 ... 34567 ...