View Poll Results: ARE YOU STILL USING YOUR PRIV OR DID YOU MOVE ON?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • STILL USING THE BB PRIV

59 89.39%
  • SWITCH TO ANOTHER BB DEVICE

3 4.55%
  • SWITCH TO A NON-BB DEVICE

4 6.06%
    Yes
    11-07-18 04:26 PM
    The Priv will forever have the greatest screen on a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-08-18 05:39 PM
    I look forward to tcl doing a version of a blackberry slider phone like the priv. I think it will happen one day, they have to, and it will be a nice addition to the lineup.
    anon(10218918) and neoberry99 like this.
    11-11-18 06:03 PM
    I look forward to tcl doing a version of a blackberry slider phone like the priv. I think it will happen one day, they have to, and it will be a nice addition to the lineup.
    Well, maybe they should have made that Palm "phone" a QWERTY slider with an actual sim card slot and any carrier compatibility so that it can be used like any other smartphone, it would have made more sense.

But instead they churned out an incomprehensible device

You really have to not understand typing to NOT put a PKB on such a small device.

Typing frustration : Guaranteed

Hope that thing is tough enough for when the owner throws it at a wall after failing to peck at the tiny glass keys correctly for 2 words in a row.
    Oh wait, it has a glass back lol, so it'll break.

But hey, it's from the same company that's making the satisfying keyboard I'm typing this on now, so I'll calm down lol
    11-12-18 04:23 AM
    Still using Priv, my next phone will be a Priv 2 if they actually make it a phone worth the price.
    Mid specs at premium prices are not very popular.
    I would use the same screen, but less rounded. The screen is fantastic.
    The keyboard needs better tactile response, though it seems they figured this out with the Key2.
    4GB would be ideal. 6GB would be awesome.
    I am ready when you are BB...
    11-27-18 08:30 AM
    I stopped using the Priv for a while due to performance issues and got a Passport. LOVE the Passport but the browser is aging fast and Chase mobile banking no longer works.

Last week I decided to let the Google Play Store update all of the apps on my Priv and performance is now vastly improved. I'd switch back to using the Priv full time if I didn't love the Passport's keyboard so much, so now I carry both.

I was going to get a red Key2 LE upon release in December but it looks like I can hold off. Other than a bubble in the front camera lens (I never use it anyway) it's clucking along decently so far.
    11-27-18 04:09 PM
    I stopped using the Priv for a while due to performance issues and got a Passport. LOVE the Passport but the browser is aging fast and Chase mobile banking no longer works.

Last week I decided to let the Google Play Store update all of the apps on my Priv and performance is now vastly improved. I'd switch back to using the Priv full time if I didn't love the Passport's keyboard so much, so now I carry both.

I was going to get a red Key2 LE upon release in December but it looks like I can hold off. Other than a bubble in the front camera lens (I never use it anyway) it's clucking along decently so far.
    If I were you I'd sell off both the Priv and the Passport and use that $ to get the Atomic... I know I'm hopefully getting it as soon as it's available in the US
    11-27-18 04:28 PM
    I'm probably going to hang on to both. I gave away or sold my older Palm and RIM devices and wish I'd kept them as personal collectibles.
    11-27-18 05:19 PM
    If I were you I'd sell off both the Priv and the Passport and use that $ to get the Atomic... I know I'm hopefully getting it as soon as it's available in the US
    I thought you were in France Boon...
    11-27-18 07:06 PM
    Still using PRIV. Priv and I get on fairly well, so divorce is not happening anytime soon.

Would proably get another one if I could if my present phone gave up, but at the time of writing Amazon UK has KeyOne Black (64Gb/4Gb) at a cheaper cost than Priv STV100-4.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-28-18 09:39 AM
    Would proably get another one if I could if my present phone gave up, but at the time of writing Amazon UK has KeyOne Black (64Gb/4Gb) at a cheaper cost than Priv STV100-4.
    It would be pretty bad idea to get another Priv when a Black KEYone can be had for the same price.

Priv has better screen and back texture and matte keys but everything else is miles better on the KEYone BE
    11-28-18 10:38 AM
    Yes as a co daily driver to my Lumia 950 XL. Imaging is still superior to a lot of phones on my Lumia and I've bridged the app gap with the PRIV.
    11-28-18 11:24 AM
    no poll that I can see in Crackberry app
    11-29-18 08:54 AM
    I am on my second PRIV that I purchased back in July to replace my 2 1/2 year old one, which had a dying battery and was very laggy. Two things I instantly noticed about the new one were that the screen wasn't as bright (perhaps to save the battery), and the keyboard was a flat black instead of glossy.

The PRIV's slide-out keyboard allows me to still have a complete and unobstructed large screen to type emails and other documents and scroll up and down the internet. I thought about getting a Key2 but didn't because it seemed like a downgrade for the price with the smaller screen and no slide-out keyboard. The form factor of my PRIV is amazing, it still turns heads and starts conversations whenever I use it in public. I just have to make sure to keep a plug-in charger or spare power source in my briefcase or pocket.
    11-29-18 11:25 AM
    I am on my second PRIV that I purchased back in July to replace my 2 1/2 year old one, which had a dying battery and was very laggy. Two things I instantly noticed about the new one were that the screen wasn't as bright (perhaps to save the battery), and the keyboard was a flat black instead of glossy.

The PRIV's slide-out keyboard allows me to still have a complete and unobstructed large screen to type emails and other documents and scroll up and down the internet. I thought about getting a Key2 but didn't because it seemed like a downgrade for the price with the smaller screen and no slide-out keyboard. The form factor of my PRIV is amazing, it still turns heads and starts conversations whenever I use it in public. I just have to make sure to keep a plug-in charger or spare power source in my briefcase or pocket.
    And that's why I think the KEY devices are superior from a reliability/endurance standpoint than the Priv could ever hope to be.

It all comes down to:

Would you rather keep the 3 year old EOL device stuck on marshmallow with a bad processor and very "meh" battery life and beautiful 16:9 OLED,

Or

Do you want the communicator that doesn't have as impressive of a display but is completely superior in just about everything else

And btw: All Priv's have a matte keyboard, it's only the KEYone and the P9983 that have this glossy finish
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-29-18 11:28 AM
    still got mine, since April 2017. Most likely will replace it with a K1 Black or a K2LE next spring though. I got my money's worth at least, but the battery life and overheating are sooo annoying.

having a PKB at least made the move from BB10 to Android mostly painless.
    11-29-18 02:20 PM
    My PRIV is just about 2. Bought Black Friday 2016 and screen wrapped its hand in today. I just happened to buy an iPhone SE for a ski app a week or so ago. So transferred the SIM.
    Mail on the iPhone is truly awful. Has loaded 13k emails from gmail. And very difficult to delete from phone with out deleting from server. No options to limit number of days emails on phone, or select between deleting off phone or phone and server. Appalling. Can't wait to get back to Hub!!
    11-29-18 05:51 PM
    Sorry so many gave had Priv problems. In 30 months, I have had none of the above except battery life, which I manage with monitoring and charging with care. The Priv is my favorite phone so far.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-29-18 09:46 PM
    My PRIV is just about 2. Bought Black Friday 2016 and screen wrapped its hand in today. I just happened to buy an iPhone SE for a ski app a week or so ago. So transferred the SIM.
    Mail on the iPhone is truly awful. Has loaded 13k emails from gmail. And very difficult to delete from phone with out deleting from server. No options to limit number of days emails on phone, or select between deleting off phone or phone and server. Appalling. Can't wait to get back to Hub!!
    At least you can get a QWERTY keyboard case for the iSE which makes typing not as infuriating

I own it + the case
    11-30-18 04:49 AM
    And the comma doesn't appear to be on the main alphabet screen!!! At least double space puts in a full stop.
    11-30-18 05:02 AM
    I'm using my KEYone most of the time, but from time to time I like to switch back to my Priv for a couple of weeks. The feeling of the bigger and nicer screen, the slider, the loud speaker, the bigger notification led, etc are very enjoyable every time I made the switch, and when it slowly banish its time to go back to the KEYone.
    11-30-18 09:33 AM
    I'm using my KEYone most of the time, but from time to time I like to switch back to my Priv for a couple of weeks. The feeling of the bigger and nicer screen, the slider, the loud speaker, the bigger notification led, etc are very enjoyable every time I made the switch, and when it slowly banish its time to go back to the KEYone.
    Pretty much lol. The Priv is arguably one of the most "wow factor" BB's but once you start opening up several apps, especially Google Maps...... you kind of want to pop your sim right back in the KEYone
    12-01-18 12:48 PM
    hell yea I am... looked at other phones but not sure which one will replace the Priv
    12-01-18 09:41 PM
    Glad I'm not the only one with a slow Google maps
    12-01-18 10:06 PM
    I'm still using the PRIV.
    I want to upgrade, but this phone has no successor yet. I can't let go of an AMOLED display, and it has to a full screen (i.e. 5"+ and 16:9 or wider). Yet, I find it hard to live without a PKB.
    So, until we get another slider, I'm probably going to stick with the PRIV. Once you're accustomed to the best of both worlds, it is hard to sacrifice hundreds of dollars as well as features.
    12-03-18 09:59 AM
206 ... 23456 ...