View Poll Results: ARE YOU STILL USING YOUR PRIV OR DID YOU MOVE ON?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • STILL USING THE BB PRIV

59 89.39%
  • SWITCH TO ANOTHER BB DEVICE

3 4.55%
  • SWITCH TO A NON-BB DEVICE

4 6.06%
    It goes to show that an OEM should not use a crappy processor even if it's the "latest and greatest". The small whining about the Priv having a 6xx series chipset or even 801 would have been nothing compared to the high return rate due to the awful 808.

Better to have whining about specs than returns due to poor battery life and overheating.
    Oh, I agree. Better to have a device that works as it should than what they came out with. It goes to show that they were caught between issuing the "BlackBerry Savior" sooner or later. Makes one wonder why the issues didn't come up in their testing of the device. It also shows there is a major difference between real world and internal testing devices. They should have known the issues. If they did and ignored them just to get the device out, the "Savior" turned into the Death Star.

Oh, what could have been with just a few different decisions. And let's not forget that the Priv's price was a concern especially with the performance issues.
    09-06-18 08:24 AM
    That's interesting, wonder why?
    Polls have a tendency to show on the desktop version, but not the mobile. So people can't vote since it isn't visible. I went to my computer and voted.
    09-06-18 08:32 AM
    Polls have a tendency to show on the desktop version, but not the mobile. So people can't vote since it isn't visible. I went to my computer and voted.
    All I do is use a browser on my phone. It is just as easy as an app, I rarely use apps for anything. Browser it is for me.... Lol
    09-06-18 09:00 AM
    All I do is use a browser on my phone. It is just as easy as an app, I rarely use apps for anything. Browser it is for me.... Lol
    I am using DuckDuckGo as my browser and I am not using the app. It still doesn't show unless I go to desktop mode rather than mobile mode.
    09-06-18 09:12 AM
    I am using DuckDuckGo as my browser and I am not using the app. It still doesn't show unless I go to desktop mode rather than mobile mode.
    Interesting, stupid technology.... Lol
    09-06-18 10:38 AM
    The Priv is resting at the moment. I was using the DTEK 60 more that the Priv over the summer months as the hot summer weather affected the Priv. (Overheating/battery drain). I just recently picked up a BB Motion and sat the 60 down. The Motion has exceeded the Priv and 60 in everything but screen quality. Motion call quality and signal is very good, Motion hold a signal where I would lose a signal on Priv and 60. Motion is giving me 2 days of battery life, water resistant, updated software with Android O, Locker feature, Power center...it will be hard to pick up the old hardware as daily drivers.
    09-06-18 08:28 PM
    Thought I’d answered already. Just picked a Priv up on eBay for my business lunch me. Not bad. Waiting on Key-whatever forBig Red.
    09-07-18 06:27 AM
    Thought I’d answered already. Just picked a Priv up on eBay for my business lunch me. Not bad. Waiting on Key-whatever forBig Red.
    You're probably going to gain a lot of weight while you are eating that lunch while waiting on Big Red for anything. Might want to forget about dessert.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    09-07-18 08:20 AM
    And yes, I'm still using my Priv after 2 1/2 years.
    09-07-18 08:21 AM
    And yes, I'm still using my Priv after 2 1/2 years.
    You are a glutton for punishment!
    09-07-18 08:28 AM
    You are a glutton for punishment!
    That's true. But it works well enough for what I use it for. Strictly recreational. Such as this site.
    09-07-18 08:31 AM
    That's true. But it works well enough for what I use it for. Strictly recreational. Such as this site.
    So then you aren't a glutton for punishment, you just like an occasional bruising.

Like you I periodically drag out the old Priv. I know it is not fair to compare that device with the one I use now, especially with all the up tick on optimization, ram, and processor, but the difference is like a car from the 1990's and a car today. No comparison.

But I did love the Priv and wish someone would make one with the specs of today as well as the optimization.
    09-07-18 08:40 AM
    You're probably going to gain a lot of weight while you are eating that lunch while waiting on Big Red for anything. Might want to forget about dessert.
    Ugh! Just saw that. I meant “for my second line”
    09-07-18 09:15 AM
    I might be switching to the Key one here soon though.
    10-29-18 02:38 PM
    I use the Verizon version of the Priv. Only for a work phone. I'll probably get rid of that and use my note 8 as it's replacement
    10-30-18 10:42 AM
    use Priv as backup and love the feel, everything... not the heat and lag... Priv³, YESSS !!
    10-30-18 01:21 PM
    I finally transitioned to a Black KEY2 2 weeks ago after being on a PRIV since launch November 2015. I did enjoy the PRIV over almost 3 years but it was time to upgrade to a new device.

Having had the KEY2 for a little over 2 weeks now I can honestly say I'm very pleased with it. The OS performance and battery life far exceeds the PRIV without a doubt. I don't have a major issue sacrificing screen size for my needs as the benefits of the KEY2 certainly make up for it in my opinion.

Bob
    the_boon likes this.
    10-30-18 01:59 PM
    I finally transitioned to a Black KEY2 2 weeks ago after being on a PRIV since launch November 2015. I did enjoy the PRIV over almost 3 years but it was time to upgrade to a new device.

Having had the KEY2 for a little over 2 weeks now I can honestly say I'm very pleased with it. The OS performance and battery life far exceeds the PRIV without a doubt. I don't have a major issue sacrificing screen size for my needs as the benefits of the KEY2 certainly make up for it in my opinion.

Bob
    Are you able to use Key2 as mobile Hotspot on AT&T?
    10-30-18 02:06 PM
    I haven't tried that yet... I never had the need before even with my PRIV. I will checked it out and see.

As you are aware, my biggest disappointment and frustration is the lack of support by AT&T with VoLTE/Enhanced HD Voice Connectivity on the KEY2.

Bob
    10-30-18 02:14 PM
    I haven't tried that yet... I never had the need before even with my PRIV. I will checked it out and see.

As you are aware, my biggest disappointment and frustration is the lack of support by AT&T with VoLTE/Enhanced HD Connectivity on the KEY2.

Bob
    Since AT&T rep managed to warranty replace my Femto unit, lack of WFC and VoLTE is #2 and #3 on my priority list. Mobile Hotspot important for meetings in client residences using laptop. I recently had to use my AT&T branded iPad for Mobile Hotspot because it had stronger AT&T signal than my AT&T branded KEYone. I'm running out the list of reasons that I enjoy my BlackBerry devices.

I carry laptop because my biggest vendor doesn't support Android/IOS for 1995 security policies. This company uses Lotus Notes for email communication. If logged in from webversion email, I'm unable to open attachments. In a client appointment, I had laptop, KEYone and iPad. Do you know how much ridiculously dinosaur, I looked to my client? If they had ever seen the BB PKB, I'm not sure if meeting could even continue.
    10-30-18 02:26 PM
    Still using and loving my priv. Currently I have no plan to change the phone. I do every 6 months or so reload the os and reinstall my apps. This seems keeps battery life up and over heating down. Will swap out for Priv2 once it's released.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-01-18 12:48 PM
    Yes using my daily PRIV and working fine. I follow these tips:
    -never let battery drain below 10% and max 90%
    -clear cache regularly above 300mb
    -use a task manager app which comes with built in KILL APPS feature and use to free up memory

Alongside use as daily driver my amazing KEY2.
    11-01-18 01:25 PM
    Yes using my daily PRIV and working fine. I follow these tips:
    -never let battery drain below 10% and max 90%
    -clear cache regularly above 300mb
    -use a task manager app which comes with built in KILL APPS feature and use to free up memory

Alongside use as daily driver my amazing KEY2.
    Hey Rico!

You should also lower the resolution to 1080x1920 via adb, as well as the other battery saving tips I posted around the Priv forum.

As for the battery, I don't see any issue with charging it to 100%. It's only when you store a device away for long term that the battery should be at about 50% or so.

What I always do is charge my devices to 100% before going to sleep, and then I unplug them and put them in battery saving mode + airplane mode.
    In the morning they're at no lower than 98%.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-01-18 02:22 PM
    I used the Priv for one year then advanced to the KeyOne.

Regardless the Priv is aesthetically the most unique phone I've ever seen, besides the Passport SE.

It had such great potential but sadly had a lot of issues, I guess this is what happens when BlackBerry transitioned to Android.

I use the Priv as a at home device for taking notes, browsing the Web, etc

Posted via CB10
    Gerard62100 likes this.
    11-05-18 05:18 PM
    I finally had the opportunity to try Mobile Hotspot today with my KEY2 and yes, it works just fine on AT&T.

Bob
    11-05-18 08:30 PM
206 12345 ...