View Poll Results: ARE YOU STILL USING YOUR PRIV OR DID YOU MOVE ON?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • STILL USING THE BB PRIV

59 89.39%
  • SWITCH TO ANOTHER BB DEVICE

3 4.55%
  • SWITCH TO A NON-BB DEVICE

4 6.06%
    Just got my third one. Love this phone. Yes, I'm using one & another two of them in the boxes. Just waiting those hour. I'm thing about upgrade to K2, but didn't see the reason to that at this moment.
    09-03-18 02:40 PM
    Just got my third one. Love this phone. Yes, I'm using one & another two of them in the boxes. Just waiting those hour. I'm thing about upgrade to K2, but didn't see the reason to that at this moment.
    I'd keep one of the brand new Privs, and sell the other 2 for a KEY2/LE
    09-03-18 03:17 PM
    2 years and still loving my priv. need a priv 2 as a replacement.
    09-03-18 10:17 PM
    GOOD INFORMATION, BUT DONT FORGET TO USE THE POLL AS WELL

Are you still using the PRIV?

Did you switch to another BB device?

Did you switch to a non-BB device?
    I am not using the Priv any longer.
    I switched to a OnePlus 5T and couldn't be happier.
    I switched due to lack of security updates and the failure to upgrade the OS (yes, I know they didn't have to, but they were sure hedging their bets on providing rather than being forthcoming about it. By their duplicity and wavering, they created a no win situation for themselves. It has bit them in the but more than once. I got tired of it).

I also switched due to performance issues/optimization issues. I loved my Priv but it just got old in performance compared to what is now available.
    09-04-18 08:29 AM
    I am not using the Priv any longer.
    I switched to a OnePlus 5T and couldn't be happier.
    I switched due to lack of security updates and the failure to upgrade the OS (yes, I know they didn't have to, but they were sure hedging their bets on providing rather than being forthcoming about it. By their duplicity and wavering, they created a no win situation for themselves. It has bit them in the but more than once. I got tired of it).

I also switched due to performance issues/optimization issues. I loved my Priv but it just got old in performance compared to what is now available.
    The KEY devices didn't float your boat?
    09-04-18 09:05 AM
    I'm still on a priv. Hard to switch back to glass. Keyone design aint for me but if I had to choose between that and a touch glasses phone I'd take the keyone and be unhappy with the screen size.
    The priv design is much better
    09-04-18 09:13 AM
    The KEY devices didn't float your boat?
    Nope. Tried the KeyOne, but found it to be slow. Plus the loss of screen real estate compared to the Priv was unacceptable. Finally the Price was way to high for what one was getting: a mid-level processor plus the optimization was not there. For over $200 less, I was able to purchase a new OnePlus 5T with much more ram, better optimization and a much smoother and quicker device with a much better camera. And I got a tempered glass screen protector and a sandstone case as well included in that $200 less price.

I just found the price on the KeyOne too much for what one got. The other thing was the inability to root the device for future OS updates when OnePlus does cease to support it. And OnePlus has been very forthcoming about support and very good about updates.

After along time of being a BlackBerry maven, I stopped drinking the kool-aid and moved on. I still support by having the Paid BlackBerry suite on my device, but knew it was time to switch.
    09-04-18 09:36 AM
    Nope. Tried the KeyOne, but found it to be slow. Plus the loss of screen real estate compared to the Priv was unacceptable. Finally the Price was way to high for what one was getting: a mid-level processor plus the optimization was not there. For over $200 less, I was able to purchase a new OnePlus 5T with much more ram, better optimization and a much smoother and quicker device with a much better camera. And I got a tempered glass screen protector and a sandstone case as well included in that $200 less price.

I just found the price on the KeyOne too much for what one got. The other thing was the inability to root the device for future OS updates when OnePlus does cease to support it. And OnePlus has been very forthcoming about support and very good about updates.

After along time of being a BlackBerry maven, I stopped drinking the kool-aid and moved on. I still support by having the Paid BlackBerry suite on my device, but knew it was time to switch.
    Used KEYones are gettig really cheap these days though.

I personally wouldn't use any glass slab even if it was given to me for free, and will continue mashing on real keys for as long as someone makes a phone with them

As far as "drinking the kool-aid" , well I stopped drinking the slab-aid for over a year now and the last thing I do is look back
    newcollector and glwerry like this.
    09-04-18 10:35 AM
    Yes, I still use my PRIV although the battery is getting worse. Other than the aging battery and lack of updates, it works well for me. I'd love to update to the Key2 or Key2 LE, but I'm a Verizon subscriber.
    Siren65 and medic22003 like this.
    09-04-18 10:38 AM
    Used KEYones are gettig really cheap these days though.

I personally wouldn't use any glass slab even if it was given to me for free, and will continue mashing on real keys for as long as someone makes a phone with them

As far as "drinking the kool-aid" , well I stopped drinking the slab-aid for over a year now and the last thing I do is look back
    Hooked on physical keys, eh? I was too, until i got the Z10. I have discovered that I do like both the pkb and the vkb. Had a Passport and then moved to the Priv. Used the physical and the virtual on it about 60/40. I totally admit, BlackBerry makes a great pkb and vkb.

Since I am equally adept on both types of keyboards, my choice was based upon performance. The KeyOne didn't measure up. I switched in November of 2017. The Key2 was only a twinkle in BlackBerry's eye back then.
    09-04-18 11:16 AM
    Hooked on physical keys, eh? I was too, until i got the Z10. I have discovered that I do like both the pkb and the vkb. Had a Passport and then moved to the Priv. Used the physical and the virtual on it about 60/40. I totally admit, BlackBerry makes a great pkb and vkb.

Since I am equally adept on both types of keyboards, my choice was based upon performance. The KeyOne didn't measure up. I switched in November of 2017. The Key2 was only a twinkle in BlackBerry's eye back then.
    Would you consider the KEY2 now? I think the 660 is a nice balance of power and energy efficiency
    09-04-18 11:20 AM
    Would you consider the KEY2 now? I think the 660 is a nice balance of power and energy efficiency
    Like I shared earlier, the price point on the Key2 doesn't measure up with the price point on the OnePlus 5t nor the OnePlus 6. I am getting a lot more phone for a lot less price in my opinion: better specs, better optimization, UI, quicker speed and despite my being a heavy user, the battery lasts me all day. Granted there is no pkb, but I don't have to have one. My 5t screen is better and OnePlus has given a clear support roadmap for the years ahead.

So the short answer is "no". I already have the 5t and I am quite happy with it. I will not consider the Key2.
    09-04-18 11:34 AM
    Still have my PRIV, still liking it.

I'm on contract until the end of the year - when that's up I may look at going to Key2 or Key2 LE, but not sure at this point.
    09-04-18 12:10 PM
    I am still using my Priv.
    09-05-18 03:20 AM
    I have my Priv for two years now and I still love it.

I love the screen and because of that, i won't change it. A Priv2 would be a good evolution or a Evolve X too but not for now.
    09-05-18 03:29 AM
    Get involved in the poll, vote, 38 replies, 12 votes.
    09-05-18 04:57 AM
    Acquired my Priv in February and just plain love this phone despite the fact that I have to charge it at dinner time. This big gorgeous display is just worth it! My last favorite Blackberry was the 9810. Waiting for the next slider..
    09-05-18 09:03 AM
    Vote done - but was only avail in webbrowser.

I'm still on PRIV as only device, would think of Key2 but perhaps make it to wait for Key3 cause of camera comments.
    Still very upset because of the soon cease of OS update support.

Slider and the rest of the mechanical stuff seems to me more reliable then I thought.

Had no factory resets so far and after 1,5y the battery also is quite OK.
    TLSTWIN likes this.
    09-05-18 06:27 PM
    my 2.5 year old priv was starting to act a little whacky. random shut downs and lag that hadn't really been an issue. battery was doing some weird drain/ charge stuff as well. Verizon doesn't carry the key series phones or I'd be using one very likely. Got an S9 and running the BlackBerry App suite. my dad wanted to try a smartphone, so he is now using my priv. still going, just being used by someone with fewer demands on it than I was doing
    09-05-18 10:32 PM
    Poll doesn't show on the app
    09-05-18 10:35 PM
    I still use priv .100%
    no issues so far .Even 30 hrs out of Battery most days ,
    Phone 2 years old
    09-06-18 12:23 AM

Slider and the rest of the mechanical stuff seems to me more reliable then I thought.
    Agreed, but it seems like they put so many resources into perfecting the slider mechanism that they forgot to test and see that the snapdragon 808 is a TERRIBLE chipset.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    09-06-18 01:48 AM
    Agreed, but it seems like they put so many resources into perfecting the slider mechanism that they forgot to test and see that the snapdragon 808 is a TERRIBLE chipset.
    I think BlackBerry had been criticized for lacking in the processor so much that they just went with what was the latest and greatest no matter what. They wanted to get the phone to market and made a huge mistake on the processor, sad to say.
    09-06-18 06:08 AM
    I think BlackBerry had been criticized for lacking in the processor so much that they just went with what was the latest and greatest no matter what. They wanted to get the phone to market and made a huge mistake on the processor, sad to say.
    It goes to show that an OEM should not use a crappy processor even if it's the "latest and greatest". The small whining about the Priv having a 6xx series chipset or even 801 would have been nothing compared to the high return rate due to the awful 808.

Better to have whining about specs than returns due to poor battery life and overheating.
    09-06-18 07:25 AM
    Poll doesn't show on the app
    That's interesting, wonder why?
    09-06-18 08:19 AM
206 1234 ...