View Poll Results: ARE YOU STILL USING YOUR PRIV OR DID YOU MOVE ON?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • STILL USING THE BB PRIV

59 89.39%
  • SWITCH TO ANOTHER BB DEVICE

3 4.55%
  • SWITCH TO A NON-BB DEVICE

4 6.06%
    GOOD INFORMATION, BUT DONT FORGET TO USE THE POLL AS WELL

Are you still using the PRIV?

Did you switch to another BB device?

Did you switch to a non-BB device?
    Last edited by TLSTWIN; 09-01-18 at 04:42 PM.
    08-31-18 07:24 PM
    Still on my Priv as DD. Love it. I'm looking at the Galaxy Note 9, but, can't bring myself to pull the trigger.
    08-31-18 07:36 PM
    Still on my Priv as DD. Love it. I'm looking at the Galaxy Note 9, but, can't bring myself to pull the trigger.
    make sure you vote in the poll
    08-31-18 07:42 PM
    Where?
    08-31-18 07:45 PM
    Where?
    top of the thread "vote now"
    08-31-18 07:47 PM
    I switched to a Pixel 2XL a few weeks ago. I would have bought a Key either 1 or 2 but I got spoiled by the beautiful screen on the Priv and did not want to move to an LCD. My wife and daughter both have a KeyOne and they are great phones. Fast, reliable etc.
    I certainly miss using my Priv for the uniqueness factor as the Pixel does not stand out. That being said, the battery life is insane, the screen is beautiful and it is fast. The Hub has no lag at all.
    08-31-18 09:27 PM
    I am still using it as my second device. I switched to the KeyOne 3 weeks ago because of the security updates that the Priv doesn't get since end of last year. The Priv is still very good, not so the battery. I also hoped for the promised Oreo for the KeyOne but it hasn't got security patches or Oreo. BBMo is very disappointing and it is hard to have faith in this company anymore.
    Qorax and gebco like this.
    09-01-18 04:40 AM
    I switched to key2. I didn't want to but got a better plan than what I was on if I Switched when my wife got a new phone. this Key2 is pretty awesome, but I LOVED my priv
    09-01-18 07:28 AM
    Just got my third one. I stupidy broke my second a few days ago and bought a practically new one from a 3rd party. Now if I can just figure out which carrier it is locked to
    09-01-18 07:35 AM
    Sure! I've tried to replace it a couple times but I've finished to retake it from the box and nothing to do I continued with it. I hope I will find a new alternative by BlackBerry but until now I always prefer my PRIV after almost 3 years...
    Rico4you likes this.
    09-01-18 07:37 AM
    I never had a Priv until July of this year, planning on getting another one!
    09-01-18 10:16 AM
    I'm still using my original Priv that I purchased at launch in November 2015. Yes, I've had some issues over the years and have needed to do a couple factory resets... 😖

I would love to get a new device and preferably a BlackBerry as I can't fathom transitioning to typing on glass 100% of the time. I have checked out the Galaxy S9 and it's a nice device but I am just not comfortable typing on glass... I will undoubtedly check out the Pixel 3 when it's released if I'm destined to seriously consider a VKB.

I was hoping the KEY2 would be in my future but I am not sold on it based on the numerous reports regarding the keyboard, space bar, and camera. Oh well... I will continue on with my Priv as it still is providing me reasonably good service. It is getting long in the tooth and it does lag a lot these days. Like others I do love the form factor of the Priv and the screen size is certainly more to my liking than the KEYone and KEY2.

Bob
    Qorax likes this.
    09-01-18 10:29 AM

I would love to get a new device and preferably a BlackBerry as I can't fathom transitioning to typing on glass 100% of the time. I have checked out the Galaxy S9 and it's a nice device but I am just not comfortable typing on glass... I will undoubtedly check out the Pixel 3 when it's released if I'm destined to seriously consider a VKB.

Bob
    I also looked at the Samsung but ultimately chose the Pixel as security updates are important to me. Google guarantees this and has proven to be reliable on their Pixel phones whereas Samsung is much less so.
    09-01-18 12:28 PM
    Cool to see which phones people are looking at to replace the PRIV. I have had phones over the past decade plus with pkb , it's had to leave them.

don't forget to get involved with the Poll at the top
    Attached Thumbnails Are you still using the BlackBerry PRIV?-img_20180224_1144077.jpg   Are you still using the BlackBerry PRIV?-img_20180224_1143494.jpg  
    BlackBerryKingdom likes this.
    09-01-18 01:37 PM
    Are you still using the PRIV?

Did you switch to another BB device?

Did you switch to a non-BB device?
    Went from Priv to KeyOne BE... Use my phone for business and the Priv was letting me down with random battery drain... The KeyOne BE has been awesome with near 2 day battery life and not a single issue...
    09-01-18 02:38 PM
    Just got my third one. I stupidy broke my second a few days ago and bought a practically new one from a 3rd party. Now if I can just figure out which carrier it is locked to
    What are the APN settings? That may give a clue. You could try here: https://www.imei.info
    09-01-18 04:09 PM
    thanks for reply. APN settings are completely greyed out. Can't go into it. UNfortunately that sight doesn't give me anything helpful either. sigh...
    09-01-18 04:22 PM
    My Priv just died. Hours ago. Thinking it's most likely the battery.
    How hard is it to replace them?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-18 08:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Pretty easy if you have basic mobile phone tools. Plenty of videos on YouTube on battery replacement, it's straightforward.
    09-01-18 09:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Very easy, did it twice already.
    09-02-18 04:38 AM
    I wanted so bad to love this phone! But the overheating problems and the battery drain just make me go crazy..
    It is the most lousy phone I've ever had.
    I am living in a worm place, so it's impossible to use this phone for navigation. the chrome using was also imposible because of the overheating.
    I was so frustrated from the simple task of a smartphone that was pretty much impossible without a workaround or something like that. and believe me I did my best to not over use this phone. Iwas too gental with it, and it still not working.
    The build quality was not that good. When it was closed without a case it was very wobuly.
    I know it's the cursed SD808 problem, but it felt to me like the guys in BB never used this phone before they realesed it.
    I moved for a xiaomi phone that was very good as phone, but was very boring for a BB fanboy. So I bought a used classic and loving it. Maybe I will go for the K2LE.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 02:40 AM
    I'm still using my original Priv that I purchased at launch in November 2015. Yes, I've had some issues over the years and have needed to do a couple factory resets...

I was hoping the KEY2 would be in my future but I am not sold on it based on the numerous reports regarding the keyboard, space bar, and camera. Oh well... I will continue on with my Priv as it still is providing me reasonably good service. It is getting long in the tooth and it does lag a lot these days. Like others I do love the form factor of the Priv and the screen size is certainly more to my liking than the KEYone and KEY2.

Bob
    I still use my PRIV and really enjoy it. Now just recently got a KEY2 and this is pure beast mode. Fast, no lag, no heat, keyboard is basically best ever from BlackBerry... solid feel! I have recommended KEY2 without a doubt!
    09-03-18 05:30 AM
    I use it as a secondary device to my Passport. I have no GPS on my PRIV and nobody here could help me fix it. I can't use a phone without GPS as my daily driver, and I love BB10, but the PRIV is very good too

/*Passport SQW100-1*/
    09-03-18 08:02 AM
    I use it as a secondary device to my Passport. I have no GPS on my PRIV and nobody here could help me fix it. I can't use a phone without GPS as my daily driver, and I love BB10, but the PRIV is very good too

/*Passport SQW100-1*/
    The Priv is famous for overheating when using it for navigation, so you're not really missing out much
    09-03-18 08:31 AM
    I use the PRIV occasionally but had broken the screen and instead of fixing it I bought a Passport. however it wa my dd for a good year. I like the size of the Passport so much and figure support is shutting down in 2020 anyway so I might as well enjoy it while I can.

what I like about the PRIV: screen size. keyboard is pkb and virtual. all the BlackBerryisms that have been done by BlackBerry to Android. I like 52 shortcuts vs PP. widget tab means I never need to use my home screen.

I got rid of my Gmail account six months ago and don't miss it in the least. I use yalp and apks'.

the only flaw is a huge one. android. this means google. I try not to trade my freedom for convenience, no matter how slick and advanced. also android figures why use one step when you can use five.

however, I prefer the Passport. looking back, I should have skipped buying the PRIV even though I like it.

ultimately, I still use the PRIV but not as much
    09-03-18 09:10 AM
206 123 ...