View Poll Results: Will you Buy Android or BB10 Slider?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android

16 26.23%
  • BB10

34 55.74%
  • Wait to see how the "Androidberry" is

11 18.03%
    IMO This thread is irrelevant, since there will only be an android version. Anyone hoping for a bb10 version will be greatly disappointed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-17-15 08:14 AM
    I'm not interested in a slider, so I won't be getting this phone in any flavor, even assuming there's a BB10 version, which is doubtful. For that matter, I'm not really itching for a new phone now anyway.

But if BlackBerry manages to do something interesting with Android, and a post-slider device comes along, I may be interested by then.
    09-17-15 08:21 AM
    IMO This thread is irrelevant, since there will only be an android version. Anyone hoping for a bb10 version will be greatly disappointed.

Source?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 09:12 AM
    That is just my opinion,

I honestly just don't see any value left in the BB10 platform, sales continue to decline, developers are moving to greener pastures. It's not sustainable. It just doesn't make sense to pour resources into an OS that nobody supports.

09-17-15 11:10 AM
    That is just my opinion,

I honestly just don't see any value left in the BB10 platform, sales continue to decline, developers are moving to greener pastures. It's not sustainable. It just doesn't make sense to pour resources into an OS that nobody supports.

You speak in conceptual terms. But how about in practical terms? I'll go:

BB10 is just not user friendly to travelers. None or non-working native Airline apps to generate boarding pass barcode (the eff do I want to keep printing passes for?). Soon even the Android apps will quit working. The American Airline app got a recent update and it quit working on my Z30. Needs the G-Play. The native map is just not accurate, and lousy with its presentation. A total mis-match compared to the Google Map. Kinda like a Div 1 college team playing the NE Pats.

Speaking of Google Play... Cobalt put in a lot of work but it is still an extreme hassle to get that working with android apps. Forget it. I didn't get a pocket computer as a stand alone hobby to see what will work on it or how I can make it work. I've got things to do that involves using the pocket computer not trying to get apps to work. Speaking of apps that won't work. The current Andy runtime on BB10 is already 2 OS versions behind. Soon to be 3. Soon updates to andy apps will no longer be compatible with the runtime. And there are no BB world apps to replace them.

I could go on and on with anecdotes but I don't have the time. Just 1 final shot: I can't get my hands on BB phones to examine it prior to purchase. Only the Classic, I want more. Stores just won't carry them.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-17-15 12:29 PM
    I doubt there will be a BB10 version. Why would BlackBerry do that? It would confuse consumers and take away from the android version.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 11:48 AM
    I doubt there will be a BB10 version. Why would BlackBerry do that? It would confuse consumers and take away from the android version.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, the real risk is that it would it be an 'all else equal' directly measurable and indisputable rebuke of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 12:54 PM
    Android version, worst case scenario it'll make me appreciate BB10 more at which point I'd return to my Z30. Assuming there's no BB10 version to switch to.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 02:57 PM
    I've never in my life wanted a device so much. I will only buy this if it is android. OS10 is good. However I would really like to use all my household devices without having any compatibility issues like I had with my sideloaded .apk's. Lollipop android OS is way batter than the other versions of android that were previously released.

As far as a hub. I really don't get what the big deal/ difference is and I've been using os10 from day one. A messages icon that has all your text/email/calls and the call log button, so I take it android has 2 hubs lol....
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-18-15 03:23 PM
    why would he sell a feature (the hub) that is a core part of the Blackberry experience? It would be like selling you an iphone where you would have to buy Itunes...
    Does apple allow windows pcs to access iTunes and do they make a boat load of money from it

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 07:23 PM
    Does apple allow windows pcs to access iTunes and do they make a boat load of money from it
    How is that even remotely the same thing?
    09-19-15 08:20 AM
86 ... 234