View Poll Results: Will you Buy Android or BB10 Slider?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android

16 26.23%
  • BB10

34 55.74%
  • Wait to see how the "Androidberry" is

11 18.03%
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    09-13-15 06:30 AM
    BB10...If I wanted an Android I would have one now.
    But then you wouldn't have a keyboard......which is to me one of the few main reasons to still stick with the BB brand....
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-13-15 07:24 AM
    But then you wouldn't have a keyboard......which is to me one of the few main reasons to still stick with the BB brand....
    +1

Keyboard and the HUB are the dealbreaker for any other brand of phones. I'm amazed how nobody copied the HUB from blackberry yet, because makes others OS's look cumbersome to deal with multiple messaging.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-13-15 08:45 AM
    I would like to. I need a new work phone and BlackBerry 10 is not an option at my company. But has to be released soon. Hopefully, I can wait.
    09-13-15 08:49 AM
    Depends if the android slider is safe and if it has the hub

Posted via CB10
    With the BlackBerry, the Android OS security will not be an issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:50 AM
    With the BlackBerry, the Android OS security will not be an issue.
    …you assume.
    09-13-15 09:56 AM
    Definitely will purchase whether it has BB10 OS skin with android in the background, or just plain BB10 OS and availability of android appstore
    09-13-15 11:44 AM
    not making any commitments but if the screen is anything like Samsung's,maybe.
    09-13-15 12:29 PM
    Think how much it would cost to load a batch of devices with bb10 that they know they will sell? I find very hard to believe that they will only ship Android, that would be a terrible message to the market admiting the fail of BB10. Is that what you're going to say to your Enterprise customers that just bought bunch of classics or passports or Leaps?

You don't even know almost any specs of the device, what did the rumours and leaks told you other than the physical aspect? We don't even know the real screen size, the leaked news told you nothing.

If you think the thread is useless, look the the poll results. There is demand, for BB10 for this device in the forum, it's an easy and almost cost-free sell
    The forum is composed of what, a couple hundred regular users? To a company trying to maximize profits that's nothing. I'm not against a BB10 slider, I'd might even get one if it happens,but I wouldn't fault them for not making it either. I also doubt it's cost free as your making it out to be.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-13-15 12:46 PM
    I would prefer to stick with the BB10 OS. Apps are not an issue with me, and my 3 Passports will carry me until a slider comes out with BB10 OS on it. Nothing is certain if there will be a duel boot right now, as far as I know.
    09-13-15 03:28 PM
    I would prefer to stick with the BB10 OS. Apps are not an issue with me, and my 3 Passports will carry me until a slider comes out with BB10 OS on it. Nothing is certain if there will be a duel boot right now, as far as I know.
    I don't feel the dual boot thing, but that would be nice. If it comes with 2 OS's i think it will have to be on separate devices like HTC One has a Android version and identical but Windows Phone
    09-13-15 05:20 PM
    5MM out of the 10MM current BB users will op for BB10 slider, but 10MM android users will flock to the BB Android slider, thats only 1% of the android user base, conservatively speaking
    Mr Mozi, ayngling and Sal1982 like this.
    09-13-15 05:20 PM
    Android Slider for sure
    09-13-15 05:29 PM
    5MM out of the 10MM current BB users will op for BB10 slider, but 10MM android users will flock to the BB Android slider, thats only 1% of the android user base, conservatively speaking
    THIS.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 05:44 PM
    Bb10. Preorded the new iPhone just incase
    09-13-15 05:54 PM
    Personally, I don't think I can make that decision until it is revealed what is actually happening. I need to know what is the Android version bring? Are BlackBerry services integrated? etc And of course will there even be a BB10 version?
    09-13-15 06:01 PM
    I didn't say the poll is useless, but judging from past experiences, i'm pretty sure the slider will be all android. Also you have to remember that Google will not allow Blackberry to sell a phone with Android as well as BB10 on it. Also since the slider was shown briefly, Mr Chen never once said any thing to confirm it will be running BB10 on ti. This is after may people have asked and shown they are concerned about that. So if they did intend toioalso run BB10 they would of come out and said it. So the silence is deafening, trust me there won't be a BB10 slider, even Bla1Ze will tell you that if you ask him.
    09-13-15 06:31 PM
    Neither. Don't want a physical keyboard on a phone.
    Omahahaha likes this.
    09-13-15 08:20 PM
    i'm gonna get the android version. hopefully, it has the hub.
    09-14-15 01:49 AM
    I take a look at Android occasionally, but each time the little Steve Jobs in me shows up and says:

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong... I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

And then I stay with BB 10.
    09-14-15 06:39 AM
    Think how much it would cost to load a batch of devices with bb10 that they know they will sell? I find very hard to believe that they will only ship Android, that would be a terrible message to the market admiting the fail of BB10. Is that what you're going to say to your Enterprise customers that just bought bunch of classics or passports or Leaps?

You don't even know almost any specs of the device, what did the rumours and leaks told you other than the physical aspect? We don't even know the real screen size, the leaked news told you nothing.

If you think the thread is useless, look the the poll results. There is demand, for BB10 for this device in the forum, it's an easy and almost cost-free sell

And what if it would cost them their Google Mobile Services certification? From what we understand about the certification process and the OHA, not selling forked versions of Android is one of the requirements of obtaining certification. So in fact releasing a BB10 version of the Slider cold be very expensive....

Now they could take the time (an money) to rework BB10 to remove the Android Runtime... but then, how many users would "really" want a device with almost NO apps at all? If they were going to do that, they'd be working overtime with native app developers..... instead of ignoring them.

While I know there are some here, and some in Gov and Enterprise that are not going to want to see an end to BB10. I just don't think BlackBerry is in a position to give everyone what they want.
    09-14-15 07:16 AM
    Two phone user here so i will stick with the Passport SE and may get a iphone 6S (have not had an iphone since the 4s which i kept for 6 months, so want to see what it is like now).
    09-14-15 07:32 AM
    I have no reason to go Android and plenty of reasons to stay BB. The app gap has never been a concern of mine. Apps and games are not the reason I use a smart phone.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    09-14-15 08:51 AM
    I would like a device like the slider but now it shows that it's full Android there's no way I'm getting it. I just don't feel comfortable with Google knowing everything.

The fact that so many people are blind to it doesn't mean that Google is good.

09-16-15 01:17 PM
    I'll get the android one and keep my passport for BB10

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 06:56 AM
86 1234