I had this error since yesterday... I tried all the workarounds on this thread... what I found is that in your computer on your yahoo email setting, account security, "manage app password" all the way at the bottom... click it.. add "android email" ... and copy without spaces the password given on the screen... that worked for me... just now... how long will it last unsure... hope this helps others ...
    Am I missing something? I do not currently see an option for "android mail" or "app password"--just this: "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"
    I will continue fiddling with it. Big time drain, to be sure.
    09-22-16 09:17 PM
    I have been having the same problem. Started two weeks ago. Keeps telling me someone tried signing into my accounts in the U.S.

Changed all my as swords today, still doing it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-16 12:16 AM
    Do the 2 step verification . Ever since I did it it has been good! The unauthorized signing

09-23-16 12:57 AM
    Do the 2 step verification . Ever since I did it it has been good! The unauthorized signing

What's step 2? I got a messages telling me that someone tried to sign in from the US... I changed me password after learning that yahoo got hacked...so sad been using yahoo for 16 years

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    09-23-16 08:48 PM
    What's step 2?
    Under Account Info->Account Security, you can enable 2 step verification.
    09-24-16 10:10 AM
    Under Account Info->Account Security, you can enable 2 step verification.
    Thanks I think I might have already done it

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    09-24-16 10:52 AM
    Issue : Trying to add yahoo mail on BlackBerry Hub and you get the "Authentication error" even if your credentials is correct.

Resolution is after you sign in to BB Hub and you get the "Authentication error"
    -Sign in to your Yahoo mail account using a computer or yahoo mail app and then you will see this link
    -Just follow instructions on the email.
    -Turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"
    -Open BB Hub again and you should be good to go.

Reason is : Yahoo don’t find BB Hub to be a secure app and for security purposes it blocks apps that it doesn’t recognized.
    We need to allow BB Hub first on yahoo mail for us to integrate the yahoo mail account.
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    09-25-16 12:49 PM
    I had this error since yesterday... I tried all the workarounds on this thread... what I found is that in your computer on your yahoo email setting, account security, "manage app password" all the way at the bottom... click it.. add "android email" ... and copy without spaces the password given on the screen... that worked for me... just now... how long will it last unsure... hope this helps others ...
    This just happened to me last night. After all the Yahoo hack business last week, I went into my account and changed my login info to the Account Key. Then this no authentication notice showed up. I tried the allow others apps thing, but it didn't help. So I did your suggestion to add Android email to the app password. It worked perfectly. I since turned off the allow other apps thing and haven't had a bit of problems. Thanks.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-26-16 10:41 AM
    I am having this problem right now. Tried using two-step verification but got stuck at authenticating outgoing server settings (SMTP).
    04-25-17 04:29 PM
    I have been so annoyed with yahoo mail and have 2 important addresses that I have as hub accounts. When I log in on my computer it makes me click on a pop-up that says it is more vulnerable because I have a non yahoo app running yahoo I assume that is the hub. I have to click on a box that says "I understand the risks". I think that is for their protection so they don't get sued. I did not reset it on my pc in the yahoo settings after setting up the hub because I thought it would block the BlackBerry Hub from getting the emails. I don't want to use the two step authentification because I hear it causes trouble if you travel abroad. Does it require Receiving a text on your cell? When I travel sometimes I am out of range for my cell when I want to use yahoo mail.
    04-26-17 06:17 PM
    All of a sudden today, unable to getting any yahoo mail access. Changed password, made sure "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" is on, deleted yahoo android app, deleted yahoo mail from hub, and now have even tried manual setup, different server addresses, I don't have two-step or authentication key activated, ... and yet still can't even re-add yahoo mail. And as far as I know I have not experienced any security issues. (And, oddly, I experienced the same in trying to add my icloud account earlier this week.) Every time I receive the "Your account....can't be authenticated..." Some times I would even receive something like "An error occurred...can't connect to server..."

I wonder if yahoo's "allow apps that use less secure sign in" is not working?

Or is something awry with Blackberry servers? Or Blackberry Hub+ Services (it had recent update)?

Anyways, can someone please HELP?!

And I am on DTEK60
    Last edited by nathan62969; 05-28-17 at 09:40 PM.
    05-28-17 09:13 PM
    All of a sudden today, unable to getting any yahoo mail access. Changed password, made sure "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" is on, deleted yahoo android app, deleted yahoo mail from hub, and now have even tried manual setup, different server addresses, I don't have two-step or authentication key activated, ... and yet still can't even re-add yahoo mail. And as far as I know I have not experienced any security issues. (And, oddly, I experienced the same in trying to add my icloud account earlier this week.) Every time I receive the "Your account....can't be authenticated..." Some times I would even receive something like "An error occurred...can't connect to server..."

I wonder if yahoo's "allow apps that use less secure sign in" is not working?

Or is something awry with Blackberry servers? Or Blackberry Hub+ Services (it had recent update)?

Anyways, can someone please HELP?!

And I am on DTEK60
    First, I know that sometimes Yahoo has had issues so you might want to wait a day or so and check again.

You might want to check your settings again. Also, I don't think there's any detriment to deleting and then re-adding the account. That would test your info.
    05-28-17 10:41 PM
    First, I know that sometimes Yahoo has had issues so you might want to wait a day or so and check again.

You might want to check your settings again. Also, I don't think there's any detriment to deleting and then re-adding the account. That would test your info.

Thank you.... all I can do is wait. As I said, I've done everything anyone else has ever tried, as noted in this thread and elsewhere - including settings and delete/readd account... Seems Yahoo and Blackberry aren't sympatico somehow at the moment...
    05-28-17 10:47 PM
    Yahoo is changing accounts to require an App Password as a better method of authentication (according to them), perhaps that is the issue? Did you get a notification? Rogers users that have Yahoo accounts got a notification recently.
    05-29-17 05:58 PM
    Yahoo is changing accounts to require an App Password as a better method of authentication (according to them), perhaps that is the issue? Did you get a notification? Rogers users that have Yahoo accounts got a notification recently.
    Thank you, I did not receive any such notification. However, things returned to normal today, magically - i.e. I went back to create an account and encountered no issues in doing so. Seems that there was some kind of technical difficulties, hopefully the last ever, at Blackberry and/or Yahoo yesterday...
    FF22 likes this.
    05-29-17 06:20 PM
40 12