This just popped up when I ran DTEK. Never seen this before
    Attached Thumbnails WTH does this mean?-105651.jpg  
    11-11-16 07:49 PM
    A glitch perhaps.. Try disable and enable again the dtek app
    11-11-16 07:51 PM
    I had the same thing. I went nuclear and reloaded the whole OS and started fresh.
    11-11-16 08:55 PM
    This just popped up when I ran DTEK. Never seen this before
    lol @ "You are not using a BlackBerry device."

Why is that even a possible warning?
    FF22, Spinal, Wezard and 2 others like this.
    11-11-16 09:10 PM
    A glitch perhaps.. Try disable and enable again the dtek app
    How can I disable / enable this app? I'm able to force stop, but disabled option is still shaded.
    11-13-16 10:05 AM
    Not a glitch, probably to many apps given permissions to access to much information.
    Two choices to get back to where you want ir.
    One>factory reset.
    Two>(this is only a posibbly) reset app permissions not to access so much information>settings>apps>tap on a app>tap permissions and reset permissions.
    I have done option 1 but not option 2.
    Good Luck
    11-13-16 10:17 AM
    DTEK is comparing a computed checksum against the known value, and not finding a match. I read in another thread here on CB that the factory reset is the fix.
    11-13-16 10:34 AM
    Excuse my naieveness, but I've never had to do a factory reset before. Don't I lose everything when I do this? I know I have to back up the information first, but how do I get my information back on the device (apps, contacts, photos, etc)?
    11-13-16 10:41 AM
    Upload info to google play store account.
    Upload to a contacts app and sms app.
    Still there will be setting up your device again.
    11-13-16 10:47 AM
    Yes, the factory reset will clear your device and make it like you removed it from the box. That is completely starting over. A benefit is that you get the chance to completely wipe away any trace of apps that you grabbed and deleted, or apps that you just don't use.

The easiest way to backup your photos and such is to copy them to the SD card or to cloud or network storage. Then you can just move them back once you're up and running again. Your contacts and calendar info should repopulate when you reload your accounts, assuming that they are tied to a cloud account (Gmail, Outlook, etc). If you're using a Verizon device, you can backup your contacts to their VZ Cloud. If you have your device set to do automatic backups through your Google account (SETTINGS/BACKUP AND RESTORE), your network passwords, BT parings, and such should repopulate when you sign in to that account.

Your apps will normally not automatically reload, but your app data and settings may be restored when you reload the apps from the Play store. That will depend on whether you have AUTOMATIC RESTORE set in your backup and restore settings.

Expect the entire process to take some time, especially if the phone needs to reload the MM update as well. Make sure that you leave the phone connected to power too.

=======================================

EDIT: I see from your posts in another thread that you're on AT&T and not VZW. I'm fairly certain that AT&T has something similar.
    Last edited by underway99; 11-13-16 at 11:28 AM.
    FF22 and anon(3641385) like this.
    11-13-16 11:01 AM
    Of course I talk to Att and they tell me that I don't really have to worry about this poor status. Any validity to that claim?
    11-13-16 01:40 PM
    Of course I talk to Att and they tell me that I don't really have to worry about this poor status. Any validity to that claim?
    yes and no....the app really needs to show exactly why its throwing the flag. It might be something and it could be nothing of real danger. I have less and less confidence in the app being useful when they cant show exactly why its "poor"
    FF22 likes this.
    11-13-16 01:48 PM
    Haha 'you are not using a BlackBerry device'! I knew nothing good would come from those stupid alcatel slabs.
    (Just saw it's a priv...nevermind.)
    Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 01:58 PM
    yes and no....the app really needs to show exactly why its throwing the flag. It might be something and it could be nothing of real danger. I have less and less confidence in the app being useful when they cant show exactly why its "poor"
    In the other Integrity thread, someone posted the BB admitted it was a mis-report. Jen, you should call BB, they need more of these reports. Particularly, "it is not a BB device" when it is. They are a SOFTWARE company so they should get their software operating properly. A wipe may be the fix but it is inappropriate!!!!
    howarmat likes this.
    11-14-16 10:03 AM
    In the other Integrity thread, someone posted the BB admitted it was a mis-report. Jen, you should call BB, they need more of these reports. Particularly, "it is not a BB device" when it is. They are a SOFTWARE company so they should get their software operating properly. A wipe may be the fix but it is inappropriate!!!!
    completely agree. This phone should PREVENT the corruption from happening otherwise what good does telling you after the fact do. I might actually take the DTEK line more seriously if they could do that. I know that is more on the consumer though and harder for BB to manage but I would like to see that more than an after the fact check.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-14-16 11:07 AM
    Talked with Blackberry for almost two hours today. Did a bunch of tests in and out of safe mode. Still showing a poor security status. They have no clue. Right now they're suggesting I do a full factory reset. They're supposed to be calling me again tomorrow.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-14-16 11:11 PM