When I read the writing it says:

"If the Priv sells well and makes profits, BlackBerry 10 is dead other than support/patches for devices in the field".

"If the Priv bombs BlackBerry is done with hardware. BlackBerry 10 is still dead".
    10-07-15 12:58 PM
    Thanks! Well if your phone doesn't sell, soon you won't be able to walk into the store and get it....then you can get a potato instead.
    So what is your magical strategy to sell tens of millions? launch another "sucessfull" BB10 device? launch a "run of the mill" Android full touch to compete with the chinese? or compete with samsung or Apple? What is the diferentiation factor that you think is the best to make everybody Buy a Blackberry?
    10-07-15 01:09 PM
    So what is your magical strategy to sell tens of millions? launch another "sucessfull" BB10 device? launch a "run of the mill" Android full touch to compete with the chinese? or compete with samsung or Apple? What is the diferentiation factor that you think is the best to make everybody Buy a Blackberry?
    Drop hardware/enterprise only.

Hardware should of been dropped long ago.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    10-07-15 01:48 PM
    I need this phone to sell well so I can someday see an official Passport running Android.

I also love physical keyboards. And I need me some physical keys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-07-15 01:52 PM
    I truly had hoped when the Android rumors were made official the bickering would slow down some around here. Nope! 😶
    10-07-15 01:55 PM
    You're confusing the concept of novelty. There's nothing novel about a physical keyboard. At one time every smartphone had them, because a workable full-touch solution had not been developed. iPhone changed that and the market went where it wished. When taking into account questions of mechanical reliability over the lifetime of the phone, ease of configuration and foreign language access, and inherent production cost, a VKB has been, in both the market and in practice, shown to be superior. It wasn't so long ago that BBRY users were crowing about what a superior VKB BB10 had versus other platforms. It seems only now, in the desperate desire to justify the blind lob of a failing hardware manufacturer, that PKBs are not just good but something that will take the market by storm. We'll see in a few months.
    I remember a time when every smartphone had a PKB, but to say that they lost them because a full touch solution was created is wrong in my eyes. I believe they lost them largely in part to BlackBerry holding the patents on a great physical keyboard. I don't see the all touch devices taking over as quickly if BlackBerry would have been on their game and dumped more into R&D around the same time the first iphone was being developed. BlackBerry didn't think the consumer would want a powerful camera on their device or to play games on their phone...they were wrong.

BlackBerry falling behind in camera specifications as well as app selection hurt the company in a big way. I believe if BlackBerry were on the same level as Android or Apple from the get go we wouldn't see such a huge decline in PKB devices. I know a lot of people that would have stayed with a physical keyboard if they would have had the same offerings of IOS and Android but what choice do they have, none other than another platform. I do understand your point when it comes to, production costs, ease of configuration and foreign language access a VKB kills it. I have used BlackBerry's VKB and I can say to me it is superior to the other platforms, it still lacks the OS that offers the app selection that most everyone wants these days. I don't think the PKB is going to take the market by storm, I believe the PKB matched with the app availability of android will turn some of the market. You throw in a full touch device teamed with Android released by BlackBerry with their VKB and I think they will have another winner.
    dusanvn likes this.
    10-07-15 02:13 PM
    Drop hardware/enterprise only.

Hardware should of been dropped long ago.
    if you think they should have droped the hardware long ago why are you here discussing hardware business in this thread? or why are you in this forum at all, because here all people discuss is Blackberry devices, pretty much nobody cares about Blackberry services on CB
    10-07-15 08:56 PM
    It has a touch enabled physical keyboard... that's special, nobody has it. What other companys have that is special?
    So what is the market for a keyboard phone? 10's of millions?
    10-07-15 09:01 PM
    Geez dude you are a perfect example of everything wrong today in the corporate and media worlds. Extreme profits and creating a society of blind consumerism so a few can hoard even more of the wealth. Hey apple's only sitting on like $300 billion dollars while the economy is stagnant for most.

You must be excited for the day when we have just one giant corporation left like in wall-e.

Posted via CB10
    Bullcrap. I want more money managers like that. They grow my retirement account. Which is what you should be doing if you don't want to work for the rest of your life! Instead of pouring more wasted money on a losing product cause you got some emotional attachment to a freakin smartphone.
    10-07-15 09:02 PM
    I disagree. BlackBerry design classy phones and hopefully the new one will combine the best of both with a wide range of apps.

Posted via CB10
    So is the Priv the only well built Android phone? No. I bet the price will be higher than other well built phones.
    10-07-15 09:03 PM
    Ha people like you don't create anything tangible. You just move money around to create more imaginary money.

Too bad that people like you don't realize that you actually end up hurting yourself with your views in the long run. You make the risk worse for yourself but continue on. And no i'm wasn't brainwashed by some teachers handing out participation trophies. I'm an investor myself with completely different beliefs then yourself.

Posted via CB10
    Well good luck on your retirement account.... cause I'd never trust my 401k on your brand of beliefs.
    10-07-15 09:05 PM
    Well good luck on your retirement account.... cause I'd never trust my 401k on your brand of beliefs.
    Oh yes the good old trickle down brand of economics never fails.

Having more and more wealth concentrated at the top adds significant risk to your retirement account actually but small minded people don't seem to grasp that it seems.

I never said I was going to get this phone anyway but I can defend it from fools who want it to fail so badly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by matt4pack; 10-07-15 at 09:27 PM.
    SmileDahling and Allanon89 like this.
    10-07-15 09:14 PM
    So what is the market for a keyboard phone? 10's of millions?
    I don't know... do you know?

(by the way, acording to Jonh Chen, they only need 5 million to break even)
    10-07-15 09:36 PM
    if you think they should have droped the hardware long ago why are you here discussing hardware business in this thread? or why are you in this forum at all, because here all people discuss is Blackberry devices, pretty much nobody cares about Blackberry services on CB
    Lol I didn't know you spoke for everyone on the forum. I'm fairly sure plenty people care about Blackberry services. I care about the company as a whole and the only way the can survive is by probably dropping hardware. Companies don't get into business to break even....sigh. Oh well.

"Chen, who had initially targeted annual sales of 8 million to 10 million devices, now says BlackBerry needs to sell about 5 million to make its handset unit viable, as licensing and other costs tied to selling Android phones are lower than those for BlackBerry 10-based devices."
    10-07-15 10:09 PM

Lol I didn't know you spoke for everyone on the forum. I'm fairly sure plenty people care about Blackberry services. I care about the company as a whole and the only way the can survive is by probably dropping hardware. Companies don't get into business to break even....sigh. Oh well.

"Chen, who had initially targeted annual sales of 8 million to 10 million devices, now says BlackBerry needs to sell about 5 million to make its handset unit viable, as licensing and other costs tied to selling Android phones are lower than those for BlackBerry 10-based devices."
    Yes I'm officially the spokesman. There are almost to threads of "blackberry services" in this forum compared to the hardware (and related software). It's in front of your eyes.
    10-08-15 04:06 AM
    Phones that sell?
    Hold your horses and compare Priv's sales after it has been on the market for over one year. BlackBerry makes very good devices and lack of apps was the disadvantage.
    10-08-15 09:01 AM
    Hold your horses and compare Priv's sales after it has been on the market for over one year. BlackBerry makes very good devices and lack of apps was the disadvantage.
    Yep, and a massive difference is the Priv is going to every major carrier in USA and Canada!
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-08-15 10:17 AM
    I'm not going to buy priv. Period.
    Gonna keep on using Passport and Q10 till they break, and then jump to Windows 10 phones, IF and only IF BB10 turns up REALLY dead. Otherwise, I'm gonna keep using them. And buy them if there's anything new with physical keyboard on the table, and that I like it.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 10-08-15 at 10:52 AM.
    Pravin1 likes this.
    10-08-15 10:35 AM
    Yep, and a massive difference is the Priv is going to every major carrier in USA and Canada!
    And when that was reported , I thought it a very significant statement given the hostility that some of these carriers have shown to BB (presumably as a result of years of arrogance shown by BB to them, pre ios). Hopefully the carriers' optimism is well founded.
    10-08-15 10:45 AM
    And when that was reported , I thought it a very significant statement given the hostility that some of these carriers have shown to BB (presumably as a result of years of arrogance shown by BB to them, pre ios). Hopefully the carriers' optimism is well founded.
    It seems Tmobile is jumping right back in by looking for current BlackBerry users as well as getting free WiFi text and calling going again. I got my Passport going last night with it!
    10-08-15 10:52 AM
    Phones that sell?
    How are HTC's sales doing? Motorola's?
    Are Samsung's stockholders happy with the mobile division's performance? How well has the Galaxy S6 sold? Why was the Edge+ introduced so soon after the Edge?
    10-08-15 11:59 AM
    Chen: We have two new releases of BB10 coming out to support government and high-security space.
    From re/code event

Clearly nothing to be excited if you are a consumer...
    10-08-15 12:03 PM
    I don't know... do you know?

(by the way, acording to Jonh Chen, they only need 5 million to break even)
    I know it isn't 5 million per year. If they sell more than 1 million per quarter I will be shocked.
    10-08-15 12:12 PM
    How are HTC's sales doing? Motorola's?
    Are Samsung's stockholders happy with the mobile division's performance? How well has the Galaxy S6 sold? Why was the Edge+ introduced so soon after the Edge?
    Lol and yet they sell more phones....but Blackberry will be able to compete with them? It is the same story BB10...z10....q10...z3....z30...Classic...Passport .

At least Samsung has other divisions to fall back on. That is what I don't understand, most other android manufacturers struggle to make it and you guys think Blackberry will magically do it?
    10-08-15 12:35 PM
    As a general input I'd like to mention something. We have to realize that your common CrackBerry user is not representing the average BlackBerry user.

CrackBerry users are basically power users, nerds, fanboys, or whatever you may call them. Of course they are stakeholders but neither are they representative for a whole market, nor will they have a significant impact on the success of BlackBerry as a company or on their hardware business.

The question whether holding on to BB10 or not will be beneficial to the company, does not have to be clearly answered. There will be a cutover phase anyways as companies relying on BB10 are not going to switch shortly.

With the Priv in the pipeline, a huge potential user base is available. If BlackBerry is indeed successful in this market, the rather small and constantly diminishing BB10 user base won't determine the future of BlackBerry. Instead, the Priv will enable BlackBerry to slowly become independent of a poorly performing market while building up a new pillar in a popular market.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 12:40 PM
104 1234 ...