The Priv is not BB10 it's Android. Get over it! BB10 is done unfortunately. It won't have android runtime soon and less and less app support. I love my Z30, but it's pretty obvious this is the end. Everyone will have to make the switch to something else, whatever that may be. The sooner everyone stops comparing the Priv (Android) to BB10, the better off we will all be. I, like most on CrackBerry, believe BB10 is the best to get s**t done, but unfortunately not enough other people feel that way. BB10 was too late to the party. So if you don't like the Priv, return it or don't buy it, but stop comparing it to something it's not, and quit the ********!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 11:01 AM
    Fine. Go jump in your swamp of despair. But I really won't be joining you and you may find it lonely in my there.

CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    11-08-15 11:20 AM
    Well put. Let's talk about what it is. Not another great platform (bb10).

It's a pointless comparison

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 11:23 AM
    I do agree with OP.
    Still we need to separate actual users with problems from those (most w/o the device) and the "I told you" mantra. The former deserve our support and help, while the noise made by the latter makes this task very uncomfortable. Each of us should calm down and put the filters back on. I've read unbelievable things ... c'mon, let's land back to planet earth!

P.S : Unfortunately, I have no device so none of the categories above apply to me. Still, I noticed that the apps update seems to be very fast (as much as several in this weekend alone) and the sky may be clearer next week.
    11-08-15 11:24 AM
    The Priv is not BB10 it's Android. Get over it! BB10 is done unfortunately. It won't have android runtime soon and less and less app support. I love my Z30, but it's pretty obvious this is the end. Everyone will have to make the switch to something else, whatever that may be. The sooner everyone stops comparing the Priv (Android) to BB10, the better off we will all be. I, like most on CrackBerry, believe BB10 is the best to get s**t done, but unfortunately not enough other people feel that way. BB10 was too late to the party. So if you don't like the Priv, return it or don't buy it, but stop comparing it to something it's not, and quit the ********!

Posted via CB10
    BOOM! Right on the money! I paid full price for that Verizon Z30 . Only 8 months later, apps quit working or don't get updated. Map is never updated and can get you lost! And the Facebook app? What FB app? enough said. (I don't mean to single that out, but that is just one example indicative of the BB10 experience).

The Priv is by no means perfect. And I won't get it until it has the Marshmallow build or a newer BB Android device comes alons or announced (Android Passport?). But it is now light years ahead in fulfilling its promise of being a pocket computer! Not just being a glorified flip phone.
    11-08-15 11:28 AM
    I agree. People will have to look it as an android phone that is tweaked by BB plus the addition of the physical kb.

There are definitely things I really enjoyed and appreciate on bb10 that aren't available for android. I will say that the Priv is a beginning of a new Era for bb phones. By moving to android I'm hoping bb will have a more focused team that will improve their bb Android apps instead of spreading out their resources out to cover their in-house OS. And hopefully one day these android bb apps be on par to what they did on bb10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 11:33 AM