11-10-15 09:27 PM
    I really hope the phone is selling, not being supplied at very low quantities. I remember the passport being sold out very early the we realised sales were not that great.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:29 PM
    Or... it could be component shortage. It could also mean that the bulk of the inventory went to retail stores (Best Buy, carriers) with the online store getting the last bit of inventory.

I have been cautious for calling it hotcakes after the Z10 launch.
    11-10-15 09:31 PM
    From the sounds of things I don't believe they had a big inventory to start with, Chen didn't want to wright down more inventory if sales went south.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Blackberry Priv
    A_Aviator_A and rai187 like this.
    11-10-15 09:32 PM
    Probably same date for preorders.
    kertong likes this.
    11-10-15 09:40 PM
    Ever since the z10 sales disaster... BB and Chen in particular have kept a tight reign on the supply chain... the 4 carrier stores I went to had on average 10 units per store..... lack of an actual launch... minimal supply.... and no advertising... I expect this to be a repeat of the Passport launch... unfortunately the moniker "too little ... to late" may be the quite prophetic....
    11-10-15 09:47 PM
    I have a buddy, that I work with, who is friendly with an AT&T store manager. Told him he had 30 people waiting to see the phone on Friday, before opening. Five wanted to buy the only one they had. Customers were arguing about who was in there first.
    I guess they just assumed there was no need to line up for a Blackberry release?

Las Vegas, fyi.

Posted via CB10
    3junior and John Doe99 like this.
    11-10-15 09:57 PM
    I have a buddy, that I work with, who is friendly with an AT&T store manager. Told him he had 30 people waiting to see the phone on Friday, before opening. Five wanted to buy the only one they had. Customers were arguing about who was in there first.
    I guess they just assumed there was no need to line up for a Blackberry release?

Las Vegas, fyi.

Posted via CB10
    Cant wait for PRIV 2 lol
    saxxman likes this.
    11-10-15 09:59 PM
    The price is 900 on that site!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Priv
    11-10-15 10:00 PM
    lmao its still "preorder" as well....my guess is its not selling like hotcakes its just that BB didn't give DR any stock to sell. Many people who preordered weeks ago still have not been shipped. its a complete mess
    John Doe99 and JeepBB like this.
    11-10-15 10:06 PM
    This is what I was thinking. The guy who prints the FedEx labels has been out sick with allergies @shopbb. They expect all 27 Priv preorders to be out by thanksgiving. As a thank you gift they are including BB10 ball point pens for you to fill out your android life share policy.

I KID I KID, don't shoot.

I'm just jealous cause they haven't even made Verizons version yet.

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    11-10-15 10:09 PM
    Why haven't BlackBerry release a statement about this shipping/delivery issue?
    11-10-15 10:32 PM
    The price is 900 on that site!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Priv
    It's Canadian price

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:27 PM
    I was just going to post this.
    11-10-15 11:59 PM
    Ever since the z10 sales disaster... BB and Chen in particular have kept a tight reign on the supply chain... the 4 carrier stores I went to had on average 10 units per store..... lack of an actual launch... minimal supply.... and no advertising... I expect this to be a repeat of the Passport launch... unfortunately the moniker "too little ... to late" may be the quite prophetic....
    I've been waiting for the Blackberry powered by Android commercials selling the best of both worlds concept but nothing yet...

Of course, they called it the "Priv"... A name that sure stirs excitement???
    11-11-15 12:00 AM
    I've been waiting for the Blackberry powered by Android commercials selling the best of both worlds concept but nothing yet...

Stop monkeying around
    11-11-15 12:07 AM

So, I'm in the USA, I'm considering using a British accent when ppl ask about my phone.

"O, this one 'ere? Thas my Priv"

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 12:11 AM
    Selling like cakes? Yes maybe your right. Selling like hot cakes? Don't think so, not with the sounds of the lack of supply from each store and no advertising.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 12:19 AM
    Times should have slightly sped up after Amazon launched, albeit briefly before selling out. I cancelled my shopbb order, as I'm sure did many others. My Amazon order is on the truck for delivery today.

Digital River seriously sucks. There is zero incentive to pre-order when they can't deliver the product on time. I spent an hour on hold just to cancel my order. Dear BlackBerry, just send all your stock to Amazon. It will make for a much smoother launch with a lot less pissed off people who are trying to support you.
    11-11-15 06:59 AM
    If you are honestly putting any stock into what Digital River shows as delivery date or that they even had any stock of the phone in the first place you haven't been around here long enough. The exact same thing happened with the Passport and people were raving about how the phone had sold out and that sales were massive.
    11-11-15 07:21 AM
    This is a bit concerning for BB that the stores doesn't have enough and could really hurt the sales.

Also I wonder if BB is responsible or carriers that are not ordering enough to send to their stores... Since they didn't expect it to be popular.
    11-11-15 07:23 AM
    This shopBB is a mess I can't even log in to see my order update it says my email is an invalid login but I still get the update emails to let me know they are trying to ship it on November 6. Very disappointed.

Z30 10.3.2.2639
    11-11-15 07:30 AM
    This is a bit concerning for BB that the stores doesn't have enough and could really hurt the sales.

Also I wonder if BB is responsible or carriers that are not ordering enough to send to their stores... Since they didn't expect it to be popular.
    I agree about not having sufficient stock to meet the demand, most folks will take the chance if the device is available to buy right then in the store. If they are told they have to wait a few weeks or a month to get it, well most are going to get something else. Unfortunately Blackberry does not have the name they once had and I am afraid the Priv fad may wear off quickly if they don't get the supply chain issues fixed ASAP.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    11-11-15 07:34 AM