yes I would , mine arrived yesterday as my backup phone to my Key2..
    very surprised at the improvement

had one of the first phones on lauch, build was awful , not this one , no creaking back etc etc

screen is very very good , probably best on any BlackBerry, love the size , even the
    keyboard seems eaiser

so key2 for multiple emails and banking ...love the locker

priv for camera and watching films ..looking good

now if they could put the best bits from both these phones , that really would be something special
    07-14-18 01:27 PM
    yes I would , mine arrived yesterday as my backup phone to my Key2..
    very surprised at the improvement

had one of the first phones on lauch, build was awful , not this one , no creaking back etc etc

screen is very very good , probably best on any BlackBerry, love the size , even the
    keyboard seems eaiser

so key2 for multiple emails and banking ...love the locker

priv for camera and watching films ..looking good

now if they could put the best bits from both these phones , that really would be something special
    If they make a KEY3 and it has on-screen nav buttons and an OLED screen, it would make it easier for Priv die-hard holdouts to make the switch
    07-15-18 11:02 AM
    getting the Priv made me see just how good the OLED screen is ..👍
    07-15-18 11:32 AM
    The Priv is the BlackBerry with the best screen ever and IMHO Priv PKB is better than K1 PKB.

I don't know why people still complain about the Priv if they don't use it now...

If you buy a Priv made in 2016 you have lot of chances to buy a good device with early problems resolved.

I just can say good things of all My 5 Priv , not the same of my 2 K1 devices.

As you will see there are 2 differentiated opinions in this forum.

Tomorrow I will post a picture of my K1 vs Priv and you will see what is a good device and what is a mediocre device.

Regards
    Compared to the key2 I would agree it's a mediocre device ..to the keyone it's a tie..but if I had my choice I much rather have a updated priv running Android as the priv design is much better than either of the keyones
    07-17-18 03:49 PM
    My simply answer is a definite "NO" . Especially for the exuberant price I paid for it.

I think there are too many very interesting and superb alternatives currently available for the original price I paid?

The PRIV unfortunately did not live up to my expectations. (Maybe my expectations were set too high?).

I cannot see myself buying any of the current BlackBerry models and, unless TCL and the Indians are able to produce a substantial better phone equal to some of the competition BlackBerry is academic for me.
    07-18-18 09:33 AM
    Priv had snapdragon 808 and it wasn't the best chipset. If Priv had at least snapdragon 820, I would still use it as a daily driver over k1.
    07-18-18 10:13 AM
    Priv had snapdragon 808 and it wasn't the best chipset. If Priv had at least snapdragon 820, I would still use it as a daily driver over k1.
    I don't see the Priv die-hards making the switch until TCL buys some AMOLED panels from Samsung for an upcoming PKB device. Once that's done, it'll just be a question of how valuable is that extra 0.9" of screen real estate
    07-18-18 05:02 PM
    I don't see the Priv die-hards making the switch until TCL buys some AMOLED panels from Samsung for an upcoming PKB device. Once that's done, it'll just be a question of how valuable is that extra 0.9" of screen real estate
    Not enough holdouts to make that purchase, near-term or possibly ever.
    07-18-18 08:18 PM
    Not enough holdouts to make that purchase, near-term or possibly ever.
    Doesn't matter about the holdouts, they should still go OLED whenever possible. It should also allow to eliminate the small black bezels on the sides since apparently OLED displays are less space consuming.

Besides the occasional burn-in over time, I'd say it has more advantages over LCD.
    07-19-18 04:10 AM
    Doesn't matter about the holdouts, they should still go OLED whenever possible. It should also allow to eliminate the small black bezels on the sides since apparently OLED displays are less space consuming.

Besides the occasional burn-in over time, I'd say it has more advantages over LCD.
    Which typically costs more?
    07-19-18 05:52 AM
    Which typically costs more?
    Well yeah, gotta factor that in also. Keep LCD for lite variants, OLED for premium
    07-19-18 07:48 AM
    No, because for what I do the screen size of the Key2 is wide enough. With an all touch screen there might be less scrolling but on the Key2 scrolling is assisted by the capacitive keyboard. I think the the PRIV appeals to folks who do not like the appearance of a PKB or watch a lot of videos or play games.

By the way, at my local store they have a working Key2 next to a dummy Motion. By comparison , the Motion comes across as a clunker. The Key2 was all black but it does not look very premium. I suspect that the silver version looks better. I wish too that the top of the phone was not square . I was also surprised again how small and light the Key2 seems in person. It is very pocketable.

In my view their is room in the market for a Key2 plus sized but slot in the Key2 regular as a cheaper device and a key 2 lite as an even cheaper device.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 07-19-18 at 08:13 AM.
    07-19-18 07:56 AM
62 123