My Priv has aged (problems with usb charge port and battery). I have the option to buy an unused Priv for 2r9 € or buy a new KEYone 3 GB for 349€
    I really like the screen quality of the Priv and the slider concept. Would you still buy a new Priv today (knowing there are no more security updates)?
    Blackberryfaithful likes this.
    06-30-18 01:16 PM
    you got to think realistic ,sec updates you might not need it but apps will stop working just to force you out of your old phone
    if you don't need many apps and you can use the browser go for it
    06-30-18 01:41 PM
    I'm about to buy a rebuilt one on Amazon to replace my 2 1/2 year old PRIV that overheats and has absolutely no more battery life. I love the form factor of this phone, and would feel like I was downgrading if I went to a Key2 with the smaller screen and permanently exposed keyboard.
    06-30-18 02:23 PM
    Brand new, I probably wouldn't.

But I did "refubished" my Priv over the weekend to keep it running: new battery, new camera, and repaired the GPS.
    06-30-18 02:55 PM
    Not worth spending more than 150$ ish for a Priv these days, new or used. You'll be far far better off with a KEYone/KEY2
    Qorax and neoberry99 like this.
    07-01-18 07:38 AM
    Not worth spending more than 150$ish for a "NEW" Priv - and $100ish for an "OLD" Priv these days...
    There, fixed it
    the_boon likes this.
    07-01-18 07:50 AM
    I moved on from the PRIV to the Motion. I never used the physical keyboard so the Motion was the right choice for me. The Motion is a fantastic phone, it feels solid, everything works exactly as it should and the battery lasts for days. If you are looking for a new BlackBerry forget the PRIV and order a Motion.
    07-01-18 03:03 PM
    I moved on from the PRIV to the Motion. I never used the physical keyboard so the Motion was the right choice for me. The Motion is a fantastic phone, it feels solid, everything works exactly as it should and the battery lasts for days. If you are looking for a new BlackBerry forget the PRIV and order a Motion.
    Unless OP wants a PKB then KEYone/KEY2 it is!
    Qorax likes this.
    07-01-18 05:44 PM
    My screen got broken on my 2 1/2 year old Verizon PRIV. I found a practically new one on E,-bay , and got it for 81 $ (US) . it's like brand new and works great. !! I love it.
    Gigolo69 and neoberry99 like this.
    07-02-18 08:51 AM
    absolutely yes!
    Keith Aubin, PHughes and Gigolo69 like this.
    07-02-18 11:44 AM
    My Priv has aged (problems with usb charge port and battery). I have the option to buy an unused Priv for 2r9 € or buy a new KEYone 3 GB for 349€
    I really like the screen quality of the Priv and the slider concept. Would you still buy a new Priv today (knowing there are no more security updates)?
    I had the Priv and now have the KeyOne Black Edition, the screen and the camera on the Priv was better however for me battery life was unpredictable and performance at times was dire... The KeyOne has been a much better experience... Fluid operation with fantastic battery life... I couldn't go back to the Priv now, however I have fond memories...
    07-02-18 12:04 PM
    Sad to say. No. And I wouldn't recommend it to anyone either. it's outdated , and as time passes it will be even more dated.
    BUT. I love the slider, writing this on it,and i really wish for a priv2 :-)

PS. haven't been using it for the past six months because my screen went green. Picked it up a few days ago and the screen seems to have fixed it self. But it feels slow, like it's struggling to run some apps...
    07-02-18 12:21 PM
    Not worth spending more than 150$ ish for a Priv these days, new or used. You'll be far far better off with a KEYone/KEY2
    Unless you don't like the KeyOne form factor.
    07-02-18 01:17 PM
    Unless you don't like the KeyOne form factor.
    Then it just depends if you prioritize a big screen or a PKB
    07-02-18 06:19 PM
    Interestingly, the Priv has both.
    07-02-18 06:21 PM
    The Priv is the BlackBerry with the best screen ever and IMHO Priv PKB is better than K1 PKB.

I don't know why people still complain about the Priv if they don't use it now...

If you buy a Priv made in 2016 you have lot of chances to buy a good device with early problems resolved.

I just can say good things of all My 5 Priv , not the same of my 2 K1 devices.

As you will see there are 2 differentiated opinions in this forum.

Tomorrow I will post a picture of my K1 vs Priv and you will see what is a good device and what is a mediocre device.

Regards
    PHughes likes this.
    07-02-18 07:40 PM
    The Priv is the BlackBerry with the best screen ever and IMHO Priv PKB is better than K1 PKB.

I don't know why people still complain about the Priv if they don't use it now...

If you buy a Priv made in 2016 you have lot of chances to buy a good device with early problems resolved.

I just can say good things of all My 5 Priv , not the same of my 2 K1 devices.

As you will see there are 2 differentiated opinions in this forum.

Tomorrow I will post a picture of my K1 vs Priv and you will see what is a good device and what is a mediocre device.

Regards

Looking forward to that!
    07-03-18 05:02 AM
    I know 2 people who have Privs and after their experiences with the device I would have to say absolutely no way would I buy one. Both had major overheating and lag issues and one had the red stripe down the right hand side of the screen defect that some others have reported too. The person with the screen issues just told me over the weekend that the speaker has now failed and it doesn't even ring or audibly alert her to messages and is now actively shopping for a new 4/64 KEYone.

Don't get me wrong, I love the form factor and the slider mechanism is a work of genius but it seemed that BlackBerry put so much effort into the chassis of the phone they ran out of time, money and/or energy to make Android run properly on it.

No matter how cheap it is, I'd take that money and put it toward a new KEYone, KEY2, or Motion.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-03-18 06:53 AM
    Looking forward to that!
    Don't be fooled, this is not the real Bla1ze.
    07-03-18 07:00 AM
    Don't be fooled, this is not the real Bla1ze.
    And don't pretend so.

Had this username in other forums.

Look at the side by side priv vs priv ( on the left the 2 year old and new on the right ) and how well it is aging

Also see the Q10 loop only used for 8 months naked

The Passport SE used for 1.5 years

And the mediocre K1 that seems older than my Priv, look at the back and paint chips...

Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Would you still buy a new Priv today?-86721.jpg  
    07-03-18 12:06 PM
    More pics
    Attached Thumbnails Would you still buy a new Priv today?-86725.jpg  
    07-03-18 12:10 PM
    More
    Attached Thumbnails Would you still buy a new Priv today?-86722.jpg  
    07-03-18 12:11 PM
    And more
    Attached Thumbnails Would you still buy a new Priv today?-86723.jpg  
    07-03-18 12:11 PM
    Last one
    Attached Thumbnails Would you still buy a new Priv today?-86724.jpg  
    07-03-18 12:12 PM
    PRIV was great first Android device that is EOL and had too many hardware problems regardless of Lollipop or Marshmallow. The KEYone is considerably improved over the PRIV with about twice as much battery life with similar usage pattern for me.
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    07-03-18 05:48 PM
62 123