I want to, but I won't.... I'm a cheap SOB, so I will wait until the first price drop

06-02-15 06:53 AM
    Nope. I'll first wait to see if it fits my needs.. And I'll wait more for the price to cool down.. And I'd wait a bit more for maybe BlackBerry might announce they might release a full touch goddamn flagship!!
    06-02-15 06:58 AM
    If you don't own the Passport - Like I don't the Passport is the talk of the town - However the Passport is not for me. I got microphone issues with my Z30. When the slider lands I'll get it cos it is a phone for me and it's a welcome fix to the dysfunction microphone in my Z30.

Op however I do not share your premises that every BlackBerry phone is for everybody. Thus there shouldn't be a relation between having the Passport and getting the slider.
    06-02-15 07:04 AM
    Yes, I will.
    06-02-15 07:10 AM
    I'll want to check it out - first. I bought the 9000 and the 9800 the day before at&t launched them. So the "got to have it 1st" excitement is totally gone for me. But, if I see that some time/effort and specs went into it, I'll get two of them. LOL, I've seen so much posted over the years about different BlackBerries that I take it all with a few grains of salt, a lime and a few shots of tequila.
    06-02-15 08:18 AM
    I never buy anything when it first comes out, not phones, not games (unless I know it will be good), not even clothing! Like yesterday I bought my first PS3
    06-02-15 08:19 AM
    Big moving parts are always bad news for reliability. Nothing feels crappier than hardware that is coming loose - a reminder that your device is falling apart. You know it's not going to get better - only worse.
    06-02-15 08:47 AM
    If they would let me BUY the beta device, I would buy it, use all my decades of computer software and hardware quality assurance and user experience design and deep knowledge of mobile technology to participate fully by way of reporting bugs or other observations about the usability of the product... and when the beta period was done, all I'd ask is that (if the final product hardware differed in significant ways due to bug fixes etc.) I would be able to swap out my beta hardware for final hardware.

So, if they'd let me, I'd PAY for the beta device, effectively PAYING to be a beta tester for them, they'd get quality feedback and analysis, and then I'd be happy to just settle in as a 'regular customer' after the device is launched.
    06-02-15 09:36 AM
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 09:39 AM
    Do we even have an official name for the Zlider yet?

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    06-02-15 09:53 AM
    eh......... we will see...
    06-02-15 10:14 AM
    Me too. I use a Q10 now but my old (and beloved) Torch still works fine. Never had any mechanical or other problems with it at all. To answer the OP's question: not as soon as it appears - will check out specs and other users' reactions first. My contract's up for renewal at the end of this month and I'll be getting a Passport, but I'd love to have a slider too. Greedy!
    06-02-15 10:22 AM
    YES and I hope the new slider has one as well. I want a bigger 9810 running BB10 ( with all the features of BBOS 7.1) and a fully fuctional Link. Other then that I'm easy to please.
    Me too. I use a Q10 now but my old (and beloved) Torch still works fine. Never had any mechanical or other problems with it at all. To answer the OP's question: not as soon as it appears - will check out specs and other users' reactions first. My contract's up for renewal at the end of this month and I'll be getting a Passport, but I'd love to have a slider too. Greedy!
    acovey likes this.
    06-02-15 10:26 AM
    Yes! Without a doubt. I would buy it on day one and stand in line for it. If and only if, it comes with either the full Android OS or an unlockable boot loader.

Sorry folks, but I don't believe there is much of a future left for BB10 and I don't want to buy hardware to run software that could be abandoned at any time. John Chen would be foolish to continue investing precious resources in bringing new additions to BB10. He seems like a smart guy, which is why he is taking all of the good parts of BB10 and making them cross platform instead of spending even more money on a commercial failure.

I wouldn't feel comfortable buying a new BB10 device at this time. Chen could pull the plug on development at anytime. However, I still like BlackBerry's physical keyboards (or at least I like them when they aren't double typing), and would love to have a Android powered smartphone with a BlackBerry keyboard as my secondary communication device.

Hopefully Mr. Chen reads this and gives me a reason to give BlackBerry some more of my hard earned money again. I honestly do miss using a BlackBerry device, just not enough to use BB10.
    06-02-15 10:27 AM
    So, if they'd let me, I'd PAY for the beta device, effectively PAYING to be a beta tester for them, they'd get quality feedback and analysis, and then I'd be happy to just settle in as a 'regular customer' after the device is launched.
    This would work:
    1. If everyone who participated was truly a qualified hardware tester and not just someone wanting to use a unreleased device.
    2. If they could prevent leaks from non-employees walking around with the devices all over the world.
    3. If the device isn't ultimately cancelled for whatever reason.
    4. If they could bypass any legal responsibility that a vendor has for providing something fit for use when they are accepting hundreds of dollars for a product.

Or they could just utilize the existing system where you go ahead and ship a customer pays for the device and returns/exchanges it if they don't like it. In some cases, according to the new book on BlackBerry, every single one of the initially shipped devices may be returned i.e. the Storm. I'm sure they got plenty of feedback about what was wrong with the devices.
    06-02-15 10:28 AM
    This would work:
    1. If everyone who participated was truly a qualified hardware tester and not just someone wanting to use a unreleased device.
    2. If they could prevent leaks from non-employees walking around with the devices all over the world.
    3. If the device isn't ultimately cancelled for whatever reason.
    4. If they could bypass any legal responsibility that a vendor has for providing something fit for use when they are accepting hundreds of dollars for a product.
    I'd interview for the job, and sign an NDA.
    06-02-15 10:30 AM
    Release it already.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 10:37 AM
    If only they make it in a Z10 form factor.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 10:51 AM
    Not right away, but this is my most likely upgrade path. My Z30 has been fantastic. I'm very happy with it and I feel like I'll be just fine with it for another year if need be. Of course I may just get a little envious of all you people getting them day one and snatched one up anyway.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 12:20 PM
    Yes! Without a doubt. I would buy it on day one and stand in line for it. If and only if, it comes with either the full Android OS or an unlockable boot loader.

Sorry folks, but I don't believe there is much of a future left for BB10 and I don't want to buy hardware to run software that could be abandoned at any time. John Chen would be foolish to continue investing precious resources in bringing new additions to BB10. He seems like a smart guy, which is why he is taking all of the good parts of BB10 and making them cross platform instead of spending even more money on a commercial failure.

I wouldn't feel comfortable buying a new BB10 device at this time. Chen could pull the plug on development at anytime. However, I still like BlackBerry's physical keyboards (or at least I like them when they aren't double typing), and would love to have a Android powered smartphone with a BlackBerry keyboard as my secondary communication device.

Hopefully Mr. Chen reads this and gives me a reason to give BlackBerry some more of my hard earned money again. I honestly do miss using a BlackBerry device, just not enough to use BB10.
    You are saying Slider might be Android-powered with BlackBerry 10 like skin?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 07:38 PM
    You are saying Slider might be Android-powered with BlackBerry 10 like skin?

Posted via CB10
    Nah, I'm not saying that it might be.... Although there are a lot of people who think it might run Android. I honestly have no idea if they will do that or not. Just saying that I hope they do decide to make it a Android-based device and that I'd buy one as soon as it becomes available if they do.
    06-02-15 08:18 PM
    Personally I hope there's no home button! I'd be fine with a Z10 or z30 sized phone that just has a slide out pkb

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I call that a 1/2 Berry
    06-02-15 11:44 PM
    Nah, I'm not saying that it might be.... Although there are a lot of people who think it might run Android. I honestly have no idea if they will do that or not. Just saying that I hope they do decide to make it a Android-based device and that I'd buy one as soon as it becomes available if they do.
    Based on recent moves, I think it's very likely that we'll see an Android-powered BlackBerry before year end. That is, an Android device with BlackBerry skin on it. With access to full Google Play and the works!

I won't be surprised if I see these three things happen by year end:

1. BlackBerry releases cross-platform 'hub', 'virtual keyboard' for ios and Android. John Chen already announced this - so this not really a speculation. BlackBerry Experience Suite.

2. BlackBerry launches a device running Android but preloaded with BlackBerry Experience Suite. Eg: 'hub', 'keyboard', 'bbm' etc. This is a guess on my part. But educated guess.

3. BlackBerry deciding to load/sell BlackBerry 10/QNX based OS only on special-order basis only.
    So, if you want BlackBerry 10 / QNX based OS device, you probably won't be able to purchase it as a consumer. It'd be sold only on-order. And probably only govt/military/large enterprises would be able to place such orders.

Posted via CB10
    Witmen and early2bed like this.
    06-03-15 12:06 AM
    No. Had a bad experience on sliders. Less moving parts, the better.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    I'm with you on that but it seems that they aren't doing a high end all touch so if I want a high end BlackBerry with a full length screen seems like this is my option.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 06:46 PM
    I wish they release a passport version 2 with or without the keyboard.

16:9 is not for me, unless it's an apple.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 06:51 PM
93 1234