With so many complaints about the BlackBerry passport floating around, would you pick up the slider on its launch date?

I often hear the problems are mostly with the first batch of the devices. I myself quite confused bcoz of issues faced by other passport users.

Honestly hope BlackBerry does some real testing on the slider before pushing it out.

Currently I have a Red BlackBerry passport and I haven't faced any issues with it so far. I had a z30 before passport and it was also very good.

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    05-31-15 12:30 PM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    alchemy_junkie likes this.
    05-31-15 12:54 PM
    There are certainly lots of users want to have a slider, so they would be buying it on the day it gets available just the way i got the Z30 on the day it was available at BB stores in India and felt proud.. Wish i had that much money to do that magic again on this slider.
    05-31-15 12:59 PM
    I have my place on line already and if it doesn't come to Verizon then "Bye bye big red"

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 01:48 PM
    I'd buy it. If there is a manufacturing problem, I'd get it replaced later under warranty. To be sure, I'd buy insurance or extended warranty or whatever it is called through my carrier. If there are no issues within first 6 months, I'd cancel the insurance.
    05-31-15 01:53 PM
    I'd want to first know things like if it has a vkb, how study it is, if the pkb is touch sensitive...etc

I might buy it a couple weeks after launch

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 02:08 PM
    I dont have any complaints about my passport! Best smartphone I ever owned but to answer the question.....NO

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.680
    05-31-15 02:25 PM
    I probably will but right now there is limited information about it out there. More info would make my decision more concrete.

My berry keeps getting better...Z10 since Feb 2013
    Arabianhorse likes this.
    05-31-15 02:32 PM
    Hmm, I would have to see the device before I make the decision. If it has a Passport Keyboard... no question about it. Day 1 it will be purchased

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    05-31-15 02:33 PM
    yup had 0 issues with passport after 6 months i can deal with the slider awesomeness as well.
    05-31-15 02:53 PM
    Had no issues with the Passport and I bought it from Shopblackberry the minute it became available. I'm gonna do the same for the Slider. Going to buy it on release day.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 03:15 PM
    Maybe not. The Z30 form and function suit my needs. A slider may be good for many but not so much interest for me.

C000C6078 Bits for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.
    05-31-15 03:28 PM
    Yup. Been waiting for it for 3 years now.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 03:30 PM
    Hi. Yes, most likely. Bought the Z10 and the Passport on launch day/week at Selfridges in London so will be there then as well! Btw, no issues with my Passport...
    05-31-15 03:36 PM
    If it has a really good camera, yes! I'd be all over that the first day it becomes available. I'm holding off my next cellphone purchase until I hear what the Slider has to offer in that department. The Passport's camera is really close to being good enough to suit my needs but it's still lagging behind other flagships from 2014/2015 (perhaps solely software related). I use way too much social media for both work and pleasure, I need a very reliable, consistent camera experience. I'm sure the execs at Blackberry realize how on trend this is and won't mess it up... I'm optimistic! Otherwise I'll have to get a boring note 4/s6/lg g4 since it's more "worth the money" for my needs. I really hope it doesn't come to that though, they're so boring otherwise...
    05-31-15 04:07 PM
    hell yeah

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 04:22 PM
    I would want to, but something tells me this one is going to be particularly expensive.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 04:25 PM
    With so many complaints about the BlackBerry passport floating around, would you pick up the slider on its launch date?

I often hear the problems are mostly with the first batch of the devices. I myself quite confused bcoz of issues faced by other passport users.

Honestly hope BlackBerry does some real testing on the slider before pushing it out.

Currently I have a Red BlackBerry passport and I haven't faced any issues with it so far. I had a z30 before passport and it was also very good.

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    Agreed I as well have not had ANY issues whatsoever! So I think it's just a batch to batch issue, as there's always a few devices manufactured that are lemons! Mobile smartphones require a multitude of parts and wires to interconnect. This happens with all electronics manufactured today!!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    05-31-15 04:39 PM
    Yes, hoping it comes to VzW. Maybe since att&t got the PP Verizon will get the slider. I have unlimited data grandfathered in with Verizon, or I would have already switched so I could buy GSM phones from amazon. :-D

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 04:45 PM
    HELL YES I WILL!!!! I plan on taking advantage of the new bill the CRTC passed about people that still have 3 year plans in Canada can now cancel them without paying out the balance of the phone or any cancellation fees!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-31-15 05:14 PM
    I thought about this for a while before springing for the Passport the other day.

The Slider is reputed to have better specs than the Passport, but the Passport is still a top-tier flagship phone, so we're not talking about a lot of performance difference in the day-to-day stuff.

I really, really like slider designs - from the LG Shine (anyone remember the LG Chocolate on Verizon back in the day? First to pack capacitive buttons) to the Sony Ericsson Walkman line, to the Palm Pre, to the oh-so-sexy Dell Lightning/ Venue Pro.

Sliders seem to sort of bring the best of all worlds that the Passport managed to do - a full size, full-touch screen display at a great resolution, a full-size tactile keyboard, and an interesting mechanical element that people loved in their old sliders and flip phones before slabs became the standard.

All that being said, I decided on the Passport because the wider screen and keyboard, guaranteed big battery and its attenuating battery life, and unique 1:1 aspect appealed to me more than the slider, even with higher-end specs. In fact, the slightly lower resolution of the screen plus the quadcore CPU vs the estimated octo-core CPU of the slider should mean even better battery life, so that was a point in the Passport's favor for me. These two devices are already so far ahead of my current phone that I won't feel deprived either way on the specs.

If I didn't get the Passport, I would definitely get the Slider, and I would probably be very happy with it as well.
    Ascumbas likes this.
    05-31-15 05:22 PM
    Nope, full touch, no sliding stuff for me, please.
    bakron1 likes this.
    05-31-15 05:23 PM
    Nope, full touch, no sliding stuff for me, please.
    From what I can tell based on pictures and rumors: even with sliding keyboard in closed-position, the device would be no thicker than z30. So, you'd be able to use it as full touch device. Just don't slide out the keyboard.

I think the crowd that wants a full touch device with no physical kb is going to be pleased with final look. It'd probably be no thicker than z30 and should accommodate needs of full-touch crowd.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 05:41 PM
    No. A slider seems like a step back to me. Next thing they will add a home button. Ugh.
    05-31-15 05:50 PM
    I will definitely give this device a try. Although the Z30 is still quite relevant for my needs and suits me just fine, I have always liked the functionality of hybrid devices. Besides, I still have money that was set aside for the Verizon Passport that failed to materialize.
    05-31-15 05:51 PM
93 123 ...