I am still not satisfied that an Appt/event does not visually persist when I wake my phone and a warning (15 minutes, two hours, whatever) notice is not clearly visible like it was on my Z30. The little Android notification spark on a tiny calendar icon is just not enlightening. This is especially the case if I was not near my phone when the warning sound went off.

So I just decided to experiment with what shows on the lock screen (Settings, Sound&Notification, "When the device is locked" I changed it from "hide sensitive" to "show all notice content" Well, I missed a call and a voice mail was left. The non-hidden shows a variety of stuff including the contents of unopened email. I can deal with that little disclosure. But it also shows the dialing code and my voice mail password. Seems that goes a bit too far. At least, I think so.

Would you consider showing voice mail password on the lock screen a flaw?-voicemail.jpg
    04-13-16 12:08 AM
    I am still not satisfied that an Appt/event does not visually persist when I wake my phone and a warning (15 minutes, two hours, whatever) notice is not clearly visible like it was on my Z30. The little Android notification spark on a tiny calendar icon is just not enlightening. This is especially the case if I was not near my phone when the warning sound went off.

So I just decided to experiment with what shows on the lock screen (Settings, Sound&Notification, "When the device is locked" I changed it from "hide sensitive" to "show all notice content" Well, I missed a call and a voice mail was left. The non-hidden shows a variety of stuff including the contents of unopened email. I can deal with that little disclosure. But it also shows the dialing code and my voice mail password. Seems that goes a bit too far. At least, I think so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	voicemail.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	396944
    That's probably you're on a crappy network or a budget voicemail plan because on Telus there is a system option to not prompt for password when dialing from your own phone and on Rogers you have the same option on anything other than their basic voicemail 3 plan.

BTW: These are Canadian carriers so I don't know how it is where ever you're located.

Edit: I see you're on Verizon in the States so I don't know if they have that option or not but it is pretty much standard here in Canada
    FF22 likes this.
    04-13-16 12:31 AM