Would you buy a Priv with BBOS 10?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 03:24 AM
    I would.

♤♕☠⚔Whatever It Takes...⚔☠♕♤Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2576
    10-28-15 03:46 AM
    No. Simply because BB10 is done. Even though we will get "updates", those will rather be smaller bugfix releases than serious feature releases. I wouldn't invest in an OS which is running on life support only, which simply is the case with BB10:
    No further API updates
    No further SDK updates
    No further developments of Android runtime

I had this situation with Maemo and Symbian already, I'd rather jump the ship and get a future proof OS. While I'm thinking about keeping my Passport, I already bought it anyways, I surely won't drop multiple hundreds of bucks on hardware without software support.

Posted via CB10
    bodjor, pgg101, meltbox360 and 3 others like this.
    10-28-15 03:47 AM
    Yes! But they have to add more/new features to BB10!
    10-28-15 03:48 AM
    Yes and no. If they made a bug free android runtime under BB10 maybe i would buy. But i would buy faster a Passport with android.

I believe that the path is this last one. They already have android secured by blackberry standards, the hardware is almost the same and we already saw some leaked passport running android.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 04:04 AM
    Yes.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    10-28-15 04:08 AM
    I don't care really. In fact I don't give a flying crap about BlackBerry 10, nor do I give a flying crap about BlackBerry either. Only reason I'm getting the Priv and using my Classic is the PKB.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-28-15 06:16 AM
    I would IF and only IF Android runtime was improved such that apps that won't work for me work. Otherwise I need an Android powered BlackBerry.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-28-15 06:29 AM
    If BB released the Priv with BB 10 OS, then it would mean that they aren't giving up on BB 10 just yet. It wouldn't make sense to release such a phone and have the OS go into maintenance mode at the same time. So, yes, if they released this phone, it would be at the top of my wish-list.
    10-28-15 06:53 AM
    Fantasy sports > fantasy threads
    DrBoomBotz and BB-JAM215 like this.
    10-28-15 06:58 AM
    Only if there was continued support for the ecosystem and all programs within it like social apps like Facebook which are rubbish!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 07:01 AM
    Of course I would it was to be the next in succession after Classic people were asking for a slider, Berry just could not keep losing money on 10 .
    10-28-15 07:12 AM
    I will certainly buy the Priv with Android. If it satisfy me, I will not buy a BB10 version.

For sure if both came at the same time, I will prefer BB10.
    10-28-15 07:51 AM
    Yes, of course!
    10-28-15 07:54 AM
    As much as I love BB10, it's time to move on.
    Now Android with a physical keyboard and the HUB? oh yeeeaaaa
    10-28-15 07:57 AM
    Honestly, no.

The whole purpose of bigger screens and bigger form factors and amazing speakers is to allow for better content consumption.

Not that BlackBerry doesn't allow for it, but if I'm going to carry around a big device the apps I need better work and as it stands right now, more and more do not.

BlackBerry is still superior for communication and productivity but you don't need a giant screen for that. Lack of access to certain cloud and Google apps actually hinder productivity so there's that...

No one uses bbm...

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    10-28-15 07:58 AM
    Oh yea

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 08:02 AM
    No, I would not, at least not right now. My Passport is serving me very well right now and I would not give it up.
    10-28-15 08:23 AM
    If they committed to bb10, in a heartbeat.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    10-28-15 08:24 AM
    No, for two reasons. First, unfortunately, BB10 is an OS that BlackBerry has given up on in terms of further development. Second, given the historical hardware issues BlackBerry has apparently had in the manufacture of one-piece phones (my Z30 and Passport have both been fine, but read the forums), I am betting that there will be so many hardware issues with a sliding keyboard that these threads will be filled in no time with angry, disappointed Priv rants. Imagine for a moment dropping the phone with the keyboard out. Ouch!
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 10-28-15 at 09:03 AM.
    10-28-15 08:29 AM
    No. Simply because BB10 is done. Even though we will get "updates", those will rather be smaller bugfix releases than serious feature releases. I wouldn't invest in an OS which is running on life support only, which simply is the case with BB10:
    No further API updates
    No further SDK updates
    No further developments of Android runtime

I had this situation with Maemo and Symbian already, I'd rather jump the ship and get a future proof OS. While I'm thinking about keeping my Passport, I already bought it anyways, I surely won't drop multiple hundreds of bucks on hardware without software support.

Posted via CB10
    So you couldn't support the larger resolution of the Priv because its not in the current EOL SDKs right?
    10-28-15 08:33 AM
    You need to look at this logically; if BlackBerry were to release a BB10 version of the Priv then surely it would be an indication that they have a future plan for BB10 albeit if only minimal. I don't think that putting BB10 onto the Priv just to move a few more units would be cost effective for BB so if they were to do so the reasoning would need to be more sound.

As for me I would be more likely to get the BB10 version over Android but I am not fully sold on the form factor as it is. If they were both sitting in my local Verizon store at this very minute I would still seriously consider the Classic over both of them.

Honestly, no.

The whole purpose of bigger screens and bigger form factors and amazing speakers is to allow for better content consumption.

Not that BlackBerry doesn't allow for it, but if I'm going to carry around a big device the apps I need better work and as it stands right now, more and more do not.

BlackBerry is still superior for communication and productivity but you don't need a giant screen for that. Lack of access to certain cloud and Google apps actually hinder productivity so there's that...

No one uses bbm...

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    Content consumption also includes documents, so for me viewing and editing PDFs on the larger screen would be sweet. I don't need the cloud per se, but that is what DropBox and Evernote do for me, anyways. I also do not use nor need Google apps to remain productive. If you do, cool, but I don't. And to be frank about 90% of my productivity and content consumption is done with my laptop anyways. Hence why I would still (and am) considering the Classic as my next phone.
    Gregory Ryan likes this.
    10-28-15 09:28 AM
    Of course been a dream of mine for some time now

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 09:53 AM
    So you couldn't support the larger resolution of the Priv because its not in the current EOL SDKs right?
    No, purely because it backs up what some loyal BB10 developers keep talking about for some time now: BlackBerry doesn't seem to have any serious interest in third party developers anymore. When a plattform reached this point, it's already on route to get abandoned.
    Of course a Priv with BB10 would work just like any current BB10 phone does, but I don't see any point of spending money for software without any further, serious development.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:00 AM
    In a second.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:25 AM
116 123 ...