Traded my 08 3 series for new 4 series BMW and my BB 10 doesn't sync in properly with on board system. It still works the basics, (blue tooth and related operations) but all the new wonderful and very useful features for professionals on the go that come with bmw connected drive only work with Android os or Ios. Very disappointing. Read lot about Priv, specs and what not, but nobody really mentioned if Priv would address this and similar issues. My half educated guess is it would, and can't wait to get the phone, but if it does work, it should definitely be advertised better. If it aims to get attention of business ppl and professionals, this is very important issue. And what better advertisement you need than bmw itself. Just a thought..

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:25 PM
    Its Android, so will work fine like any other android phone.
    11-05-15 07:27 PM
    That's weird. My BB Passport worked MUCH better with my M3 than the S6 Edge I am using right now. Passport displayed text messages, emails etc and Android doesn't do the emails. BB also displayed a cool icon on the lock screen showing that it's connected, again S6 doesn't. iPhone didn't do that and emails either, but it also didn't do messages.
    11-05-15 07:29 PM
    What year is your M3?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:33 PM
    Yes, you can read about it in the Priv User Guide: http://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/5...r-Guide-en.pdf
    PRIV - 5.1

About using Google Voice Search when connected to a car kit
    If your device is connected to a Bluetooth enabled car kit, you can use Google Voice Search™. Google Voice Search™ lets
    you search for information on your device or over the Internet, and also allows you to update information on your device
    hands-free. For example, you can check the weather, search for a restaurant, or create an appointment.
    To use Google Voice Search™ when your device is connected to a car kit, you must set up Bluetooth technology for Google
    Voice Search™. Your device must be paired with and connected to the car kit, and your contacts must be synced with the
    car kit.
    For information on how to use the car kit, see the documentation that came with the vehicle.
    11-05-15 07:33 PM
    What year is your M3?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:34 PM
    Do you have office link in your car? That's what's not working.. and some other features as well. Just because it doesn't recognize BlackBerry..

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:38 PM
    What seems to be the problem connecting your BB10 to your bimmer?

I've had CIC, HUH, and NBT based nav systems and my BlackBerry syncs up better than any other phone OEM out there.

The only glitchy thing is when I select music streaming it keeps opening the music app on my phone instead of spotify.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:47 PM
    With new bimmers you can connect I phone directly with USB and then open and close apps on your car screen. You can also send emails directly to your car, use office feature from connected drive and some other useful stuff. None available if connect my bb10.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:53 PM
    Do you have office link in your car? That's what's not working.. and some other features as well. Just because it doesn't recognize BlackBerry..

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I do have an Office link in my car and when I go on it I used to be able to see my emails and text messages with my Passport as well as my Porsche Design BB on my C63 before that. But no other phone (android, iPhone) ever worked the same way. I always wondering how BB had such awesome integration with vehicles while others didn't. Another cool feature was the lock screen showing the BMW or Mercedes Logo depending on which car it was connected to.
    11-05-15 09:43 PM
    Yeah I get both if those cool logos. Have you tried to connect via USB, and mirror the apps from your phone on your nav screen? I can't do it, it doesn't recognize BlackBerry. It is double with I phone tho.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:49 PM