I currently have a nexus 6p. It is a great phone. The one big issue that continues to bug me about this phone is the size. It is 5.7 inches. That is a little too big for me. I am having second thoughts about the phone based on its size.

I have also been having thoughts about going back to blackberry lately. The main reason is because I email and use whatsapp a good bit and the touchscreen keyboard (I use blackberry's vkb) is good; but I do miss having a physical keyboard. I have been eying the classic but that would be a no go because I have a lot of content saved to google's cloud services (phone numbers, pictures etc).

So that leaves the Priv and the keyone. I know the Priv is a little big too but I think its size is more manageable than this Nexus 6p. The keyone is right around the corner and is smaller. For some reason, I am more in favor of the Priv. It is for a few reasons. Costs, it looks better, and I don't have to have the latest and greatest.

I guess my question is this. Would I be crazy to buy a Priv now and wait to get a keyone down the road?
    03-09-17 10:19 PM
    There is a Statistics thread and shows that folks are pretty surprised at how much they are using the Priv's physical keyboard (aka pkb). So if a pkb interests you the Priv could be a good fit. It does take a bit to get use to it. I find the phone quite reliable. I don't know much about your current phone. Others may have more info.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-09-17 10:41 PM
    Nothing wrong with either choice, but if you don't like the size of the Nexus, you'd probably be happier with the KEYone. Once you slide open the Priv, you'll be at an even larger format than you find distasteful now.
    03-09-17 10:45 PM
    Perhaps this could help regarding size:
    Visual Phone Size Comparison
    Would I be crazy?-11.jpg
    Would I be crazy?-12.jpg

The Priv is actually a bit shorter than KEYone, but KEYone is a bit narrower, so see what you'd prefer. Also, what BigBadWulf says about Priv being large when slid open, but I never found myself having a problem with it. You mostly won't be using the screen much while typing so size isn't an issue in that case. Not for me, at least, I guess some might mind it.

I see no reason why you'd be crazy to buy a Priv. At 300-400 $ it's a steal and I see many people buying it just now. The only thing KEYone is probably significantly better at is battery life. That said, I find Priv's satisfactory and my wife who came from an iPhone 6 to a Priv says the best thing about it aside from the PKB is how great battery life is compared to the iPhone's.
    Also, depending on what you use your phone for, I think you might find yourself missing screen estate changing from a 5.7" to a 4.5" screen. Plus, there's no AMOLED on KEYone unlike Priv and 6P.

Not that I think KEYone is a bad phone, quite the contrary, but I personally would go for Priv even if they were the same price (I always had a thing for sliders so...). At half the price, I wouldn't give it a second thought.
    Wezard and FF22 like this.
    03-10-17 01:46 AM
    I went from the 6P to the PRIV last May, and I still really like the PRIV. The only reason I am entertaining the move to a KEYone, is because I am a Geek, and really miss the candy bar physical keyboard. Having said that, I am enjoying the PRIV physical keyboard. As far as size is concerned, I find the PRIV much easier to work with, and it fits my pocket better.
    Wezard and Mirko935 like this.
    03-10-17 02:54 AM
    You only have one life, stop worrying too much and do it!!
    Mirko935 likes this.
    03-10-17 06:39 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.JPG 
Views:	452 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	419095

Name:	12.JPG 
Views:	446 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	419096

The Priv is actually a bit shorter than KEYone, but KEYone is a bit narrower, so see what you'd prefer. Also, what BigBadWulf says about Priv being large when slid open, but I never found myself having a problem with it. You mostly won't be using the screen much while typing so size isn't an issue in that case. Not for me, at least, I guess some might mind it.

I see no reason why you'd be crazy to buy a Priv. At 300-400 $ it's a steal and I see many people buying it just now. The only thing KEYone is probably significantly better at is battery life. That said, I find Priv's satisfactory and my wife who came from an iPhone 6 to a Priv says the best thing about it aside from the PKB is how great battery life is compared to the iPhone's.
    Also, depending on what you use your phone for, I think you might find yourself missing screen estate changing from a 5.7" to a 4.5" screen. Plus, there's no AMOLED on KEYone unlike Priv and 6P.

Not that I think KEYone is a bad phone, quite the contrary, but I personally would go for Priv even if they were the same price (I always had a thing for sliders so...). At half the price, I wouldn't give it a second thought.
    Thanks. This is a good comparison perspective. The slider will not bother me much because I have used a BB Torch in the past. I think I am going to take the plunge.
    Mirko935 and newcollector like this.
    03-10-17 08:17 AM

Name:	11.JPG 
Views:	452 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	419095

Name:	12.JPG 
Views:	446 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	419096

Thanks. This is a good perspective.
    03-10-17 08:19 AM
    You only have one life, stop worrying too much and do it!!
    I think you are right. I am worrying too much. I may love it lol.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-10-17 08:20 AM
    The Priv& keyONE are narrower than what you have so should fit in hand & pocket well... difference is keyONE has shorter display... Priv has big display & PKB which would NEVER be open in pocket... take your pick
    03-10-17 10:02 AM
    The Priv& keyONE are narrower than what you have so should fit in hand & pocket well... difference is keyONE has shorter display... Priv has big display & PKB which would NEVER be open in pocket... take your pick
    I did. I chose Priv. Down the line I may get a Keyone or wait and see what else BB has up their sleeve. Will report the results back.
    BigBadWulf and FF22 like this.
    03-10-17 10:19 AM
    I am more in favor of the Priv. It is for a few reasons. Costs, it looks better, and I don't have to have the latest and greatest.
    I agree. The Priv looks much better. The KeyOne looks like the illegitimate child of a Classic and Passport SE.
    Last edited by andy957; 03-11-17 at 06:59 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-10-17 09:02 PM
    I agree. The Priv looks much better. The KeyOne looks like the illegitimate child of a Classic and Passport SE.
    Hehehe. This is my same apprehension. The first time I saw the concept images, all I could exclaim was what the hell were they thinking. But the appeal of an always there pkb kept me ogling the thing. And now with the many videos of the KeyOne on the tube, I think I'm beginning to acclimate to how it looks. I'm on my sixth month on my Priv and I'm still enjoying it immensely and really can't justify getting the KeyOne right now. Who knows, when the KeyOne price reaches earthly levels, I might just get it as well.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and newcollector like this.
    03-12-17 03:58 AM
    Got the PRIV yesterday. My first impression is that the screen is really nice. To me, the screen does look better than my nexus 6p.

The keyboard is the second thing that jumped out at me. I won't lie, it is a bit clamped from what I have been used to when I had a passport. Yesterday I was wondering, "what have I done?" Lol.

But the more I type on it, the more I am getting used to it. In about another week, I see myself flying on this thing. Practice does make perfect on this thing; so I won't give up on it.

Thank God for the update to marshmallow. Lollipop was a pain in the butt. The phone got really toasty on lollipop but has calmed down on marshmallow.
    jakie55 and newcollector like this.
    03-14-17 08:09 AM
    If you compared it to being the spawn of an iPhone6 with Passport SE, I'd accept the description of "illegitimate"... but Classic and Passport SE? Sounds like a cherished first-born of royal blood to me!

PS - I'm still also torn on whether my next device would be the Priv or the KEYone... Truthfully, I think I'm going to keep holding out for as long as I can. You never know what BlackBerry Mobile might come out with next.

As I mentioned in a previous thread and another user expanded on the idea: a more compact slider would be the dream. Basically the KEYone with a slide out keyboad (same sized screen). It should put it around the same size as the Classic when the keyboard is closed and around the size of the KEYone when it's out. That'd be the only device I'd line up for to get it the minute it came out.
    03-14-17 08:51 AM
    I just bought a Priv from dailysteals.com for $289.99. I did it for a specific reason...not so much because of the price difference between the Priv and the KEYone, but because with the Priv, I have the choice between a physical and a virtual keyboard. Every BlackBerry I've ever had that has a physical keyboard...eventually, they start to fail. Keys stick and double type and sometimes don't respond at all when hit. At least with the Priv I can fall back on the virtual keyboard.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by jackcarr; 03-14-17 at 04:12 PM.
    03-14-17 03:54 PM
    I just bought a Priv from dailysteals.com for $289.99. I did it for a specific reason...not so much because of the price difference between the Priv and the KEYone, but because with the Priv, I have the choice between a physical and a virtual keyboard. Every BlackBerry I've ever had that has a physical keyboard...eventually, they start to fail. Keys stick and double type and sometimes don't respond at all when hit. At least with the Priv I can fall back on the virtual keyboard.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    I haven't had much bad luck with PKBs, in general, but I would even say that (at least in theory) the PKB on the slider form should last longer because it is protected. People can argue that slider's have more moving parts that can break all they want, but one bad key on a PKB is enough to render the whole thing fairly useless. The Slider protects that valuable asset from dust and pocket lint finding it's way under your keys. My old Torch survived a lot of abuse. I only retired it because I couldn't hold off from jumping to BB10 any longer. And, it's probably true that history is prone to repeat itself...
    03-14-17 05:02 PM
    That's a good point. Thing is every physical keyboard has made it through the long haul. Having both does come in handy. Especially when you are in bed with a significant other.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-14-17 10:13 PM
    That's a good point. Thing is every physical keyboard has made it through the long haul. Having both does come in handy. Especially when you are in bed with a significant other.
    I've heard the sound of clicking keys can be a turn on!

Never worked for me.
    03-14-17 10:22 PM
    I've heard the sound of clicking keys can be a turn on!

Never worked for me.
    I would have thought it was your clicking teeth!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-14-17 10:25 PM
    Here's a pic for you of my son's 6P beside my Priv.
    Attached Thumbnails Would I be crazy?-107760.jpg  
    03-14-17 10:29 PM
    I would have thought it was your clicking teeth!
    I take them out.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-14-17 10:29 PM
    Lol not a chance.
    03-14-17 10:33 PM
    Lol not a chance.
    He has 2 rows of teeth, one removable, the other for blood... no wonder he augers for removable battery…mdr
    03-14-17 10:39 PM
    Now there's a legit advantage of having both! Although if I pull the trigger on a new device before I really NEED on, it would be a non-issue since I'd likely be on the couch for a while! :P
    FF22 likes this.
    03-15-17 08:38 AM
38 12