11-17-15 03:11 PM
38 12
tools
    Android doesn't have a file manager. I had some problems accessing ms office docs, music, videos from the sd card. Looks like the sd card feature in Android isn't as good as blackberry 10 OS.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 09:00 PM
    There is an issue and BlackBerry is working to fix it.
    11-14-15 09:51 PM
    Based on some android forums is not just the PRIV is Android OS.

11-14-15 10:00 PM
    Currently? Not really. Mine won't even save apps without the annoying "insufficient memory bug".

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    11-14-15 10:01 PM
    OK. What's your issue. There has been a BlackBerry employee on here stating there is an issue they are working on.
    Brad Morse likes this.
    11-14-15 10:01 PM
    Android has thousands of file managers
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    11-14-15 10:02 PM
    In my experience, SD card slots on Android devices have become almost entirely pointless unless you have root. With root access you can make the SD card behave as if it is just additional internal space. Without it, the SD card slot is basically good for storing tons of pictures, music and videos and very, very little else. Google did it on purpose. Android used to handle SD cards in a completely different way, but now that has changed. I tried to warn the SD card lovers here about this, but they didn't seem to listen.

From what I've heard, Marshmallow might make the SD card slightly more useful than it currently is, but it still won't be as good as having a larger amount of internal storage is.

Also, Android has a massive selection of file managers available for download.
    11-14-15 10:27 PM
    First off, Android has tons of file managers. Just take a couple of minutes and perform a search with your favourite engine and you should get a bunch of results.

Second, the SD functionality on Android is indeed limited or at least not as good as it has been with BB10 (or BBOS or Symbian), as already stated by my previous poster, things get a bit better with Marshmallow, but with Lollipop it's not good. Currently SD support mostly works as an extended memory for photos, videos and other multimedia stuff like music. Some apps can also store data on your memory card, but it's a hit and miss situation.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 10:33 PM
    Works for me even though I don't have an android. That's all I use it for on my BlackBerry but everyone is different.
    11-14-15 10:40 PM
    Currently? Not really. Mine won't even save apps without the annoying "insufficient memory bug".

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    There are threads with a work around for this issue. BlackBerry is already aware of the issues.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 10:41 PM
    Weird, I installed the BlackBerry exfat driver from the Play Store on the PRIV, installed the same little 16GB SD card I've been using since Storm 2, worked perfectly. Shows all my files and music / videos. I'm stoked.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:12 AM
    On my Passport via WiFi right now because I don't want to take my PRIV outside yet. I'm sitting in a ghetto mcdonald's sippin' coffee.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:13 AM
    I really like my PRIV. But, seriously, Android has no simple File Manager built in? I have to install a second hand, third party, willy nilly solution? HA!

There's worse problems, but that's pretty basic mobile computing functionality.

BlackBerry 10 users, we've been spoiled with a really really good File Manager app. I sincerely hope BlackBerry builds one for their suite of Android apps, along with a Blend solution.

Also, BlackBerry, port over Story Maker too! That's an awesome, super simple to use, and fun app.

Posted via CB10
    Luis Torres2 likes this.
    11-15-15 01:17 AM
    I want to see these in the Play Store for the PRIV:

1) BlackBerry File Manager
    2) BlackBerry Story Maker
    3) BlackBerry Mock It
    4) BlackBerry Remember
    5) BlackBerry Browser

...and all the multimedia apps like the picture viewer, music player, and video player. Basically all the cool stuff from BlackBerry 10.

Kind Regards,

BW

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:22 AM
    I wish the Pacemaker DJ app was in the Play Store too, I guess that really was a BlackBerry only app. Would be cool if my paid version of Caustic could be brought over. Oh well, I'm totally going off topic here. Whatever.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:25 AM
    +1000 - all the additional features 2 posts up

sqw 100-4 / 10.3.2.2789
    11-15-15 01:25 AM
    I really like my PRIV. But, seriously, Android has no simple File Manager built in? I have to install a second hand, third party, willy nilly solution? HA!

There's worse problems, but that's pretty basic mobile computing functionality.

BlackBerry 10 users, we've been spoiled with a really really good File Manager app. I sincerely hope BlackBerry builds one for their suite of Android apps, along with a Blend solution.

Also, BlackBerry, port over Story Maker too! That's an awesome, super simple to use, and fun app.

Posted via CB10
    Let's put it like this. BlackBerry 10 will sadly enough not be used anymore. As stated in many other threads I have been using basically all mobile OS in the market and i really loved BB10, but now i have to accept that now its Android. Remember that iOS had no file manager intil iOS9 or it was basically impossible to attach files to an email. I think that the usage of SD-cards works quiet well on Android in general and it's also good enough.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android and BlackBerry Priv
    11-15-15 04:23 AM
    Android has thousands of file managers
    And not one of them is even farm league compared to the professional one available for BB10.

It's funny, I thought BB10 was lacking apps. But really it's Android that lacks apps. It's a google store full of garbage. Besides instagram and that ilk, BB10 wanted for nothing.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 05:38 AM
    And not one of them is even farm league compared to the professional one available for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Lol do some research, there's not special or unique to the BB file manager.
    11-15-15 05:40 AM
    Lol do some research, there's not special or unique to the BB file manager.
    I've tried 3 or 4 already. The BB10 Manager is quite efficient and well organized. And the Cloud integration is much better than what I've found elsewhere.

That and Cascades is an actual design language. I'm not sure what Material design is, but I don't think I've seen any third-party apps employ it.

Alright, FX file explorer is legitimate. Not as good as the one on BB10, but possibly more powerful (but in ways that obfuscate productivity). But it's still a legit file browser, and the only good one I've seen for Android.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 11-15-15 at 05:55 AM.
    11-15-15 05:42 AM
    I've tried 3 or 4 already. The BB10 Manager is quite efficient and well organized. And the Cloud integration is much better than what I've found elsewhere.

That and Cascades is an actual design language. I'm not sure what Material design is, but I don't think I've seen any third-party apps employ it.

Posted via CB10
    Cabinet is a file manager with Material design to a T, ES File Explorer has remote access, Astro has deep integration with a ton of cloud storage and social media apps.

Social media is a thing people use to connect to each other on iOS and Android btw.
    11-15-15 05:45 AM
    Worth it right now, no.
    11-15-15 08:12 AM
    I've tried lots of file managers on priv. None let me move photos from phone to sd card. I'm using 64gb samsung sd. Works on everything else.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 08:34 AM
    Could you move apps to the SD card in the PRIV?

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-15-15 09:03 AM
    In my experience, SD card slots on Android devices have become almost entirely pointless unless you have root. With root access you can make the SD card behave as if it is just additional internal space. Without it, the SD card slot is basically good for storing tons of pictures, music and videos and very, very little else. Google did it on purpose. Android used to handle SD cards in a completely different way, but now that has changed. I tried to warn the SD card lovers here about this, but they didn't seem to listen.

From what I've heard, Marshmallow might make the SD card slightly more useful than it currently is, but it still won't be as good as having a larger amount of internal storage is.

Also, Android has a massive selection of file managers available for download.
    The is true but it's just an extra option to store your stuff and once mounted can access via data cable on PC. For me it's mostly documents, music and pics. Haven't used much cloud storage as I like to have it as an extension of my PC hard drive. To each is own.

Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 11-16-15 at 10:29 AM.
    11-15-15 09:08 AM
38 12