Debate me!
    11-23-17 07:41 PM
    Priv by the way...buggiest (is it a word?) piece of sh.t I've ever owned. Are all Androids this bad? My God I miss BB10. Never thought I'd say that.
    11-23-17 07:49 PM
    Two years later, we're on the KEYone...
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-23-17 08:30 PM
    Not the best but definitely not the worst. SD808 gave it a bad rep.
    BB10 is dead. Move on.
    11-23-17 08:46 PM
    screw you, l love my Priv. There are folks out here that really enjoy their Priv.
    11-23-17 08:49 PM
    screw you, l love my Priv. There are folks out here that really enjoy their Priv.
    I second that.
    Bob80220, BBeast and LyoobaBerry like this.
    11-23-17 09:39 PM
    You've implied that you didn't like BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry's first effort at an Android phone. Sounds like it's time for you to move on-

No debate with that. Good luck elsewhere.
    KarlS likes this.
    11-23-17 10:26 PM
    I will admit. When I had the Priv, I had some problems with lag that I haven't experienced on any other phone before.

Wouldn't call it the worse phone ever. Let's just say that the Priv doesn't make my top 5 best phone I've ever had.
    11-23-17 10:28 PM
    Priv by the way...buggiest (is it a word?) piece of sh.t I've ever owned. Are all Androids this bad? My God I miss BB10. Never thought I'd say that.
    You average one post each month. You asked for debate. How long to reply?
    11-23-17 10:29 PM
    Priv design is awesome...if something happened to my current one I'd get another
    Rico4you and BBeast like this.
    11-24-17 12:52 AM
    Totally disagree with op. I have actually switched from PRIV to Motion, but only because I cycle on all kinds of weather and need the water resistant features of Motion. I really like the Motion but really miss the pkb of the PRIV. I also have the k1 but that is purely for work. The beauty of the PRIV was that you have a big screen for Web browser and media, but when you need it you also have the pkb.
    Rico4you, BBeast and Sigewif like this.
    11-24-17 01:21 AM
    Okay everybody so it was kind of drunk post. I started out with a Bold 9000 and I'm a stock holder so I've been through a lot with BlackBerry. My issue I suppose is primarily with software and apps. BlackBerry launcher isn't responding... overheating, cooling down... my Bluetooth is wackadoodle... half of the apps I use hang up. And then my partner waved his flawlessly functioning iPhone 7+ in my face. Sorry, but that really pissed me off.
    11-24-17 11:01 AM
    While almost everybody hates Priv lately, I am still interested in getting in it. Could it be a bad choice? Please tell me why you love your Priv. That can really help decide.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 11:05 AM
    Okay everybody so it was kind of drunk post. I started out with a Bold 9000 and I'm a stock holder so I've been through a lot with BlackBerry. My issue I suppose is primarily with software and apps. BlackBerry launcher isn't responding... overheating, cooling down... my Bluetooth is wackadoodle... half of the apps I use hang up. And then my partner waved his flawlessly functioning iPhone 7+ in my face. Sorry, but that really pissed me off.
    The PRIV is the first Android phone that I have had. Most of my family use Apple and I have an iPad that I have been quite pleased with - until I try to transfer files to/from it.

Yes, I had to tweak / tune my PRIV in order to minimize heating and get good battery life. This isn't necessary on an iPhone.
    I am perfectly willing to make that trade-off in order to have the PKB - can't use the Apple VKBs to save my life on the narrow phones.

There are threads all over these forums about optimizing the battery life, which also deals with the heating. Explore them.
    I think the PRIV is dramatically better, from what I read, in terms of the setup / tuning effort.

Perhaps the PRIV is "the worst" BB ever - don't matter to me, I have bought one and I am HAPPY with it.
    Bucbroker likes this.
    11-24-17 11:11 AM
    The PRIV is the first Android phone that I have had. Most of my family use Apple and I have an iPad that I have been quite pleased with - until I try to transfer files to/from it.

Yes, I had to tweak / tune my PRIV in order to minimize heating and get good battery life. This isn't necessary on an iPhone.
    I am perfectly willing to make that trade-off in order to have the PKB - can't use the Apple VKBs to save my life on the narrow phones.

There are threads all over these forums about optimizing the battery life, which also deals with the heating. Explore them.
    I think the PRIV is dramatically better, from what I read, in terms of the setup / tuning effort.

Perhaps the PRIV is "the worst" BB ever - don't matter to me, I have bought one and I am HAPPY with it.
    With the Priv price dropping everyday on amazon thanks to Black Friday, would you recommend that I buy it brand-new? What could be the odds concerning overheating, sluggishness issue with the new?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 11:30 AM
    BB10 is an elegant OS and my Passport was the best phone I ever owned. Oh but for the lack of apps...
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-24-17 11:45 AM
    With the Priv price dropping everyday on amazon thanks to Black Friday, would you recommend that I buy it brand-new? What could be the odds concerning overheating, sluggishness issue with the new?

Posted via CB10
    I am a fan.
    Overheating / sluggishness: you have to take the time to tune/tweak the phone like I had mentioned.
    The keyboard is perhaps 85% as good as a Classic's. With those in mind, it's a good phone.

Note, however, that I am NOT a "power user" - I don't use Facebook much, I don't play games, I hardly ever use it as an actual phone. Most of my usage is emails / texts, reading books, checking the weather, banking, etc.
    I do notice lagging on occasion - but if a person reboots periodically it really helps keep the lag down.
    11-24-17 11:54 AM
    BB10 is an elegant OS and my Passport was the best phone I ever owned. Oh but for the lack of apps...
    Yeah, and my '98 Chev truck was an amazing vehicle - when I put it out to pasture at 300 000Kms, it still had the original shock absorbers in the rear - 1st owner boiled the transmission oil out of the dipstick opening pulling a big boat at high speeds.
    I put a tranny cooler on it and pulled a heavy old travel trailer around without ever having the tranny slip.

BUT, there comes a point where when you have to travel the remote regions that I do that you just can't take a chance on something with that kind of mileage breaking down and stranding people ...
    11-24-17 11:57 AM
    Alright already! My Z10 was the worst BB ever. Surely we can all agree with that! Yes, I know it was the first BB10 but at least it got us to where we are at today and that is BlackBerry is still in existence. The Z10 brought on Mr. Chen whom we should all be thankful for.
    11-24-17 11:58 AM
    Well that's not normal. Maybe you have a rogue App causing problem. Have you asked in here how to trouble shoot? Have you wiped your device? What have you tried. I came from the Priv to the KEYone. The KEYone is a superior performer by far but the Priv wasn't the worst. Only time I had major lag issue was with google maps thanks to the terrible 808 chip.
    11-24-17 11:59 AM
    My priv isn't worst device I had in my life maybe one of the best, and believe me I had many devices.
    If you use the device for work it's good not for games.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 12:13 PM
    Nothing wrong with my Priv. 7 months and counting...
    11-24-17 12:59 PM
    Worst would have been the iPhone 5 I had. Small, crappy OS, middling hardware, endurance and underwhelming usefulness. Priv was much better, although the lag I've had for the past 4 months drove me to the next phone. I tried as much as I was willing to do to try to keep the Priv going but I gave up. I'll live with the iPhone X for a while before passing it onto the wife, then hope to see what comes out for 2018. Sorry, but spent some time looking over the KeyOne and just couldn't bring myself to get a smaller screen, or go for middling hardware with the Motion (and yes, I do consider some of the iPhone specs to be middling as well - but that's a long debate).
    11-24-17 05:26 PM
    I didn’t have one but I might suggest the Storm. Wasn’t in supposed to be the “iPhone killer” and instead was the Blackberry killer?
    tazcubed and KarlS like this.
    11-24-17 05:35 PM
    Alright already! My Z10 was the worst BB ever. Surely we can all agree with that! Yes, I know it was the first BB10 but at least it got us to where we are at today and that is BlackBerry is still in existence. The Z10 brought on Mr. Chen whom we should all be thankful for.
    Z10 with 10.3.2 or later is great. your info possibly is old now (the original QNX is overhead heavy... ). if you are not app central type, like me, Z10 and Z30 are great.
    11-24-17 06:56 PM
49 12